Rebind keys

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

oliverjanda
xr

Rebind keys

Post by oliverjanda » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 14:41

Hi,
similar to

Code: Select all

<action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_SECTOR_MAP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_COMMA"/>
i would like to do something like

Code: Select all

<action id="INPUT_ACTION_OPEN_GALAXY_MAP" source="INPUT_SOURCE_KEYBOARD" code="INPUT_KEYCODE_COMMA_SHIFT"/>
Unfortunately the id seems not to exist.... Any workaround available?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 21. Jan 18, 16:58

EGO would have to add the related Key ID and add the related Functionality there... Workaround i could imagine would be to to change the map lua scripts to open the galaxy map instead of the Sector or Zone Map if the Menu History is empty and renaming the respective Function in the UI.. or maybe its possible to add a Button to the Sidebar for this... would be cleaner, but probably not faster than opening the Sector Map and going 2 levels up...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Tue, 23. Jan 18, 21:50

How about hijacking the screenshot shortcut?
The map call looks pretty simple. I imagine it could becalled from any md script?!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 23. Jan 18, 22:10

you're right.. there is some MD between that which can be intercepted.. forgot about this... :oops:

its in md/MainMenu.xml under the cue //cue[@name=&quot;SectorMapStarted&quot;] - or at least it was there last time i checked... but too tired currently to give more hints...

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Wed, 24. Jan 18, 09:01

By changing that line, I could change the sectormap key to something else.
Unfortunately, I can't find the (for me) useless keys like screenshot or pause in any MD script.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 24. Jan 18, 17:35

because thats not done via md but handled directly within the game. i had no success so far ti create a new hotkey... just some sucesss in hijacking existent ones...

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Wed, 24. Jan 18, 19:36

ah thats bad news :/
because the hijackable commands/hotkeys are useful for me

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 04:49

Not only for you ;-)

We (Uni and me) have asked, even begged, for an MD/XML command set that allows to detect, define and use keys in various ways but it seems the Dev team has other priorities (X4) which is fine by me. Just let's hope such command set will be available then ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

oliverjanda
xr

Post by oliverjanda » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 19:37

don't share xr and x4 the engine etc?! so i gues we wont have that anytime soon :/

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 25. Jan 18, 20:28

thats maybe like saying X BtF and X-T share the Game Engine.. or more fitting X3R (which didnt have custom Hotkeys) and X3TC (which had custom Hotkeys)....

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”