All stations BLUE, zone RED?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

skrim
x3tc

All stations BLUE, zone RED?

Post by skrim » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 01:44

I’ve been away from game since February, and recently started a new “vanilla” Rebirth v.4.30 game with the goal of not editing/cheating at all. After the main story (haven’t started the expansions yet) I started looking for a home-base from which to wage my war against Plutarch. Sector: Far Out is almost entirely BLUE (Heart of Albion) stations, however the zones are all RED (Plutarch) save for one. My hope is there is some way to flip the ownership of these zones from the evil Plutarch to the friendly HoA. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks in advance.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 02:15

Sector ownership cannot be changed in vanilla XR.

skrim
x3tc

Post by skrim » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 02:30

That sure would explain why I wasn't able to figure it out. Thanks.

Is there a good mod, that accomplishes it without being too intrusive?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 09:42

You're welcome.

Not that I am aware of, but I rarely play modded XR, and I'm not familiar with Steam mods.

Edit: "X Rebirth: The New Frontier" mentioned below.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Mon, 27. Aug 18, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 10:39

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:The X Rebirth Lost Sectors is a major mod that supports it, along with getting factions go try and conquer each other:

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=392085
i'm pretty sure there is no mechanic in that Mod to change ownerships, overall changes on Skunk modell IMO do not make it advisable to add/remove the Mod without new gamestart

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 27. Aug 18, 10:55

Thanks for spotting my error!

It was a dramatic failure in copy+paste...

I had aimed to refer to X Rebirth: The New Frontier.

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 19:43

https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=389185

Only allows switching zones to player tho since it features return to original mechanic. Who owns zone if they have no presence in the zone is kind of irrelevant. They aren't there to scan you for illegal wares nor are they there to harrass you... yes there will be some stupidity involved still like you breath on hoa station and they call plutarch on you... like... what? but since plutarch isn't there their calls for help are a waste of air.

Building in existing zones is kind of... ehhhhh.... moment for me. Yes there are some things I build in existing zones but they are only cell recharge fabs and warehouses and I use them as jump beacon/gate strong points. Otherwise I detest building in existing zones... too few building locations and way too much crap going on. It's self claimed zones for me always, 7 build spots per zone, almost never any enemies and it's out of sight and doesn't get in the way.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”