[MOD] Ship Building Menu

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eliseeff
x4

[MOD] Ship Building Menu

Post by eliseeff » Wed, 12. Sep 18, 18:18

Name: Ship Building Menu
Version: 1.03
Autor: eliseeff
Requirements:
game version 4.0 or higher + Mods Options Menu
Install: Subscribe to the mod on the Steam Workshop page
Uninstall: Unsubscribe from the mod and delete the mod folder
Savegame compatible: YES

XR VR-edition Steam Workshop page

Changelog:

1.00 - Release
1.01 - Added "Gamepad mode" option in settings (enabled by default) for standard exit from menu, using gamepad. Added tooltips to the icons of ships under construction. (In the game settings, the corresponding option must be enabled.)
1.02 - A small fix for screen resolutions lower than the maximum.
1.03 - Cutted off processing of incorrect shiptraders, that adding in game by PlayerHQ mod.

Description:

All shipyards known by the player are assembled in one menu with information on the construction of large ships and with the possibility of communication.

Image Image

The menu has two modes:

1. Large shipyards
2. Small shipyards

Switching between modes - button '1'.

You can find this menu in the Navigation menu (Enter - 4 - 6 by default):

For legacy menu - use Enter - 6 - 4

Information provided:

Shipyard section:

Expand button | Shipyard name | Shipyard location | Icons of ships under construction (up to 3)

If the shipyard is hostile - it's name will be red. If playerowned - it will be green (the mod is ready to support of the playerowned shipyards mods.).

If for a complete construction at least one ship does not have enough resources, then after shipyard location name you'll see the red warning 'Resources!':

Please note: this does not mean that the construction of this ship has already stopped.

Green ship icon means that this ship is constructing for the player.

If the construction of the ship is already stopped, then icon become red. Or it will flash red/green for playerowned ships.

Shiptrader row:

Ships class | Trader name | Ship under construction | Progress

If the shiptrader is hostile - the name will be red. If playerowned - green.

If there are not enough resources, the inscription before the ship's name will turn red.

If the construction of the ship is already stopped, then the progress will turn red.

In the small shipyards mode, a significant part of the descriptive information is not provided, since ships are not built by order at these shipyards, but are manufactured.

Buttons

XL/L or M/S - (button 1) - Switch to indicated menu mode
Show on Map - (button 2) - Shows the selected shipyard (or selected shiptrader's shipyard) on the map
Comm - (button 3) - open comm link with selected shipyard or selected shiptrader
Details - (button 4) - if shipyard is selected, then display station details; if shiptrader is selected and constructing the ship, then display the state of shipbuild resources

The action of the 'Enter' key depends on the selected line: if shipyard is selected, then expand the section; if shiptrader is selected and constructing the ship, then display the state of shipbuild resources; if shiptrader is selected and not constructing the ship, then open comm link with this shiptrader.

Options

Select the Main Menu -> Options -> Extensions -- Options.
(Enter - 9 - 3 by default or Enter - 6 - 2 for legacy menu)

Image Image

Select "Ship building (Menu) | Options" and press Enter.

Now you can select "Change" and change settings. Don't forget to confirm by "Accept" (become active if settings are changed).

Additionally

This mod also make "Show resources" option in shiptrader dialog always active, if this shiptrader is constructing any ship (not for playerowned ships only, like in the original game).
Last edited by eliseeff on Fri, 29. Mar 19, 12:52, edited 2 times in total.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 15. Sep 18, 07:09

Love it, sooo usefull, many less click.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: [MOD] Ship Building Menu

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 05:54

Just found this today quite amazing. Seems to work with new frontier just fine. I assume because just a new interface that grabs data and nothing else. It's well done and makes a million less clicks. Hell I had a mod on before just to tell me the eta and a bunch more clicks for it.

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 01:43

Mod updated to version 1.01...

Sorry, guys, I didn’t do it right away - I don’t have a gamepad, so I didn’t know that it would cause inconvenience.
Now the exit from the menu is made standard.
Switching modes of small / large shipyards - arrows in the information bar (hot keys 5 and 6 on the keyboard or LB / RB on the gamepad).
If someone likes the original version (1.00), you can go to the settings menu and disable the "Gamepad mode" option (enabled by default).
At the same time I added tooltips to the icons of ships under construction. (In the game settings, the corresponding option must be enabled.)

...and to version 1.02.

A small fix for screen resolutions lower than the maximum.

Jeltz Prostetnic

Post by Jeltz Prostetnic » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 12:42

I have installed manually the mod options menu and this mod, but in the configuration your mod is red and says mod options is missing. what am i doing wrong? maybe the naming of the folder of the mod options mod due to me downloading it using steamworkshopdownloader?

eliseeff
x4

Post by eliseeff » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 14:33

Jeltz Prostetnic wrote:
Sun, 18. Nov 18, 12:42
I have installed manually the mod options menu and this mod, but in the configuration your mod is red and says mod options is missing. what am i doing wrong? maybe the naming of the folder of the mod options mod due to me downloading it using steamworkshopdownloader?
Check content.xml files in both.

In Mods options:
<content id="ws_1390136337" name="Mods options" description="Adds a special menu for extensions options in the game (MAINMENU-9-3 by default, Enter-6-2 for legacy menu)." author="eliseeff" version="104" date="2018-11-01" save="false" lastupdate="1541078880">

In 'Ship Building' Menu:
<dependency id="ws_1390136337"></dependency>

The highlighted yellow may differ from the one shown here (if you do not want to use the steam workshop), but must be the same in both mods.

P.S. Or just remove dependency node, if you are absolutely sure that you have fulfilled the necessary conditions yourself.

P.P.S. Wow! Sorry! Don't remove dependency node. I forget, that this may disrupt the load order.

Jeltz Prostetnic

Post by Jeltz Prostetnic » Sun, 18. Nov 18, 22:40

Thanks for the quick reply! I'll try that out probably next weekend or so.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”