Need advice on XAC/XMF converter (SOLVED)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mordhar
x4

Need advice on XAC/XMF converter (SOLVED)

Post by Mordhar » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 07:25

Hello.

First, I must apologize for my English; it is not my native language.

Because of recent news and opening of pre-order for X4 I decided to re-install X:R and play it a little. And immediately remembered what aspect of the game irritated me most: Yisha.
So I looked through my unfinished mods files, found PSD texture I made several years ago and decided to finish it. Then I tried to find 3D model to test texture and bake some details to normal map. Sadly, it was deleted.

I downloaded XRconverter (which was extremely hard to find since old Dropbox links are dead). Then I tried to convert extracted files. Application crashed.
In case I made something wrong I tried different files, command spelling, application path, even tried to change computer’s locale to EN (I remember some programs do not “like” non-english locale). Nothing worked.

Forum search shows similar problems reported by some people. No solution was found, only answers “everything works fine for me”.

I do understand this game is extremely old and modding almost dead. But I hope that some people still have modding tools installed and working.
So I want to respectfully ask for help.
Is it possible to direct me to a working solution OR (if such solution did not exist) convert 3 files for me?

I only need a 3D model with working UVs to load into modeling software (.XAC to .DAE). No animation, bones or export back into game needed.
Files in question are:
\01\assets\characters\argon\bodies\ch_ar_f_body_yisha.xac
\01\assets\characters\argon_bodies\ar_yisha_body.xac
\01\assets\characters\argon_bodies\ar_yisha_head.xac

Extracted files in ZIP:https://yadi.sk/d/wsgRZMt6efeBvQ
Last edited by Mordhar on Tue, 2. Oct 18, 22:23, edited 1 time in total.

Mordhar
x4

Re: [HELP] Need advice on XAC/XMF converter

Post by Mordhar » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 12:59

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 12:17
viewtopic.php?f=129&t=376472
Thank you for a quick answer.

Yes, exactly what I meant. Several posts in that thread describe the problem I have.

I make bat-file (or use tool directly from command line).
Put the right path to directory/file. I even tried to copy the whole command from tutorial (with creating correct folders, naturally).
Then I press enter and get this:
Tried different files (more than 50). Tried both XAC and XMF formats. Tried absolute and relative paths.
Every time I specify all required parameters (type of operation, path to folder, path to file) I get crash. It happens even if I put non-existing path into command line (any random characters).
If I make an error (for example leave target file unspecified) tool works as intended (gives me error or usage advice).

EDIT:
To exclude possibility of error on my side I tried to follow instructions to the letter.
From here:viewtopic.php?t=360045
I created folder on drive D: named “X Rebirth files”. Put extracted files there. Tried to use files someone successfully converted before.
Then I copied entire command from usage instructions:

Code: Select all

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "D:\X Rebirth files" "D:\X Rebirth files\assets\interiors\crates\interiors_crates_size_l.xml"
Got an application crash.
Changed command to relative path:

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "D:\X Rebirth files" "..\assets\interiors\crates\interiors_crates_size_l.xml"
Crashed again.
Put meaningless random characters into path:

XRConvertersMain.exe importxmf "qwerty" "asdfgh"
Same result.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 16:11

Вот кнвертер если нужен .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I84p ... p=drivesdk

Go to the topic - viewtopic.php?f=129&t=376472

Mordhar
x4

Post by Mordhar » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 17:02

alexalsp wrote:
Tue, 2. Oct 18, 16:11
Вот кнвертер если нужен .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5I84p ... p=drivesdk

Go to the topic - viewtopic.php?f=129&t=376472
I already have a converter (v.0.2.1). The problem is - it not working for me. At all.
But thank you anyway.

I am new here and not familiar with traditions of this forum, I had to use only information from forum rules and FAQ topic. That is why I decided to make a new topic asking for help. Because I think help request is not relevant to "tutorial" topic. I am very sorry if I done something wrong.
If you say so I will move to specified topic and repeat my question there. I do not want to break any rules and become a nuisance.

In case my English is hard to understand, I reply to alexalsp in same language. I am sorry for not using English for this part of my post.
Извиняюсь.
Я тут новенький и не знаком с тем как тут принято. Я думал, что просьба о помощи не относится к теме "tutorial". Но я перезадам вопрос там, если Вы считаете что так правильно.

Mordhar
x4

Post by Mordhar » Tue, 2. Oct 18, 22:23

PROBLEM SOLVED

Many thanks to alexalsp who helped me to find solution. His advice made me think about file/application path.

I put solution here in case someone else will run into same issue as me.

So I done following:
  • Unpacked all DAT archives to root directory of the game.
  • Copied entire installation folder with shorter path (C:\Games\XRebirth instead of C:\Games\X-Universe\X Rebirth).
  • Removed all spaces from folder names.
  • Used command prompt without quotation marks (since they are unnecessary without spaces).
  • Disabled UAC, antivirus and run command prompt as admin.
Probably some of these steps are unnecessary, but honestly I do not care because it works now.

While all examples I have seen use spaces in path and quotation marks without problems, it looks like I was “lucky” to stumble upon a rare bug.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”