How to slow down travel speed in SuperHighways?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X-Me

How to slow down travel speed in SuperHighways?

Post by X-Me » Thu, 30. May 19, 22:41

Hello,
playing X Rebirth I collected a number of things, small and big, that I don't like and would see modded.
Having to start from somewhere, I picked point #1 on my list, the superhighways connecting Sectors.
I want to reduce their travel speed a lot, as it was before patch 4.00 and the HoL dlc.

So I've extracted the totality of the game files.
Also I have extracted both DLC files -- sure, in different folders.

Since I want to change a speed factor or something, I thought that it'd involve some basic data change.
Looks like I'm wrong. Bear in mind that this is my first attempt at making a mod for X Rebirth.

Inside [root]\ libraries\ highwayconfigurations.xml I see these definitions:

Code: Select all

<tubeconfiguration id="super_hw_tube_config" material="" macroname="props_he_super_highway_stream_macro" lanewidth="50">
        <scaling maxplayerspeedscale="1.5" maxhighwayspeedscale="2" />
        <fading fadeinfraction="0.1" fadeoutfraction="0.1" />
        <edge edgestartfraction="0.75" edgecollisioneffect="super_hw_edge_collision_effect" edgecollisioneffectdelay="0.5" maxedgedeceleration="50" breakoutspeed="0.0" />
        <outsideforce linear="250" angular="0.25" range="4" />
        <acceleration base="0.05" />
        <aifactor speed="0.9" acceleration="0.25" />
        <boost duration="5" value="1" />
        <part partname="repeater_part" fadestart="0" fadeend="0" speed="2.5" speed_var="0.0" />
    </tubeconfiguration>

<tubeconfiguration id="super_hw_tube_config_m" material="" macroname="props_he_super_highway_stream_m_macro" lanewidth="50">
        <scaling maxplayerspeedscale="1.5" maxhighwayspeedscale="2" />
        <fading fadeinfraction="0.1" fadeoutfraction="0.1" />
        <edge edgestartfraction="0.75" edgecollisioneffect="super_hw_edge_collision_effect" edgecollisioneffectdelay="0.5" maxedgedeceleration="50" breakoutspeed="0.0" />
        <outsideforce linear="250" angular="0.25" range="4" />
        <aifactor speed="0.9" acceleration="0.25" />
        <boost duration="5" value="1" />
        <part partname="repeater_part" fadestart="0" fadeend="0" speed="2.5" speed_var="0.0" />
    </tubeconfiguration>
I edited their params in several ways using a <diff> patch, and they do take some kind of effect, but all I've achieved so far has been to _double_ the time it takes to travel a superhighway from end to end.
I'd like to slow them down much further.

My mod's code so far:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<diff>
    <replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='super_hw_tube_config']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
    <replace sel="/highwayconfigurations/tubeconfigurations/tubeconfiguration[@id='super_hw_tube_config_m']/acceleration/@base">0.0000001</replace>
</diff>

<!--
    // Relevant original code:

<highwayconfigurations>
      <tubeconfigurations>
        <tubeconfiguration id="super_hw_tube_config" material="" macroname="props_he_super_highway_stream_macro" lanewidth="50">
        </tubeconfiguration>

<tubeconfiguration id="super_hw_tube_config_m" material="" macroname="props_he_super_highway_stream_m_macro" lanewidth="50">
        </tubeconfiguration>
      </tubeconfigurations>
    </highwayconfigurations>
-->
As I said, this takes a limited effect. Looks like I'm editing the wrong thing after all.
Can you help me?

Thank you :)

X-Me

Re: How to slow down travel speed in SuperHighways?

Post by X-Me » Sat, 1. Jun 19, 18:48

Update:
Success. Problem solved.
All the highways [that were changed] have been reverted to their pre-4.00 speed of travel.
The highways in Home of Light expansion are of course untouched; their high speed is a feature of the dlc, functional to its peculiar design.
It just doesn't belong _outside_ the dlc, where the highways were born different and never meant to be superfast.

I like X Rebirth more now.

The mod is complete :)
(unless it's not)

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”