docking with ship and can't move

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AR_Starfighter

docking with ship and can't move

Post by AR_Starfighter » Thu, 6. Jun 19, 06:31

Hello all. I'm using the GOG 4.30 downloaded windows version. I have mods running, but none that do anything to station and ship docking or movement.

You dock with a ship. You can't move or press the quicksave key. Randomly, no pattern.

First, I need to know if anyone else has encountered this problem with no mods running. I'm been using the workaround.
esc->save game -> load game. So, I will try no mods, but I want to wait until I know if someone has already tried that.

I have advance programming skills and have been studying up on x-rebirth modding. I can fix it myself if I knew where look in the code. It's massive and windows searches don't help much.

I've already done a mod to 'combat rank bailout'. Now, the updates to points don't clutter up the logbook. It's just a window that pops up 20% of the time. The combat updates are now a percent. Not bad for a first timer. :)

Fixing those annoying reward messages 5-10 in a row. :P
Time saving button in the buy sell wares menu.

Where do I look to find it in the code files? Else, is a direct download update or mod available to fix the problem.

AR_Starfighter

Re: docking with ship and can't move

Post by AR_Starfighter » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 21:39

GOG 4.30

Mods:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5kScanRange_v03-73-0-3.zip Show Skills-276-1-1.zip
Black Market Seminars-460-1-4.zip xrebirth-improved-object-menu-master.zip
Boarding Options-496-1-10.rar XR Nebulas Hi-Res-360-1-0.zip
CombatRankBailout-429-0-4.zip XR PLANETS-365-1-0.rar
Engineer Fix 1.1-524-1-1.zip

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 15:46

These are questions that you ask in the S&M forum, so I'll move this there.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

AR_Starfighter

Post by AR_Starfighter » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 03:51

Dock autosave can be used as a base mod. (Or modify the base keyboard and gfx code.)

Replace the autosave command with set player position.

player position: read and set - how?
read class: station, ship type. To get the correct position.

ALT:
Check if movement keys pressed, then see if player has moved position after 3-5 sec. If not, set player position.

jaspericus
x4

Post by jaspericus » Wed, 19. Feb 20, 18:15

Hi, not sure if relevant to your issue but I used to get this issue as well. I tracked it down to using novadrone missiles. For some reason if I used them, then within the next couple of dockings (station or ship), I would loose all movement . I would have to save and reload. I have since stopped using novadrones at all (tristrars are shipkillers if used correctly ) and not had a instance of this happening since.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”