Having trouble with bindings

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Henkka77

Having trouble with bindings

Post by Henkka77 » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 09:46

Im using Vive and Thrustmaster FCS Hotas and have been struggling to find good setup for the Hotas.
The problem being, i cant seem to get the throttle to work like it should work.

FCS has a throttle where the zero throttle is not at the centre, but at the bottom and full throttle at the top. Theres no center notch like in many other HOTAS throttles.
In Elite: Dangerous i have been using a button for reverse, but in X-R VR it doesnt seem possible. Any clue how to get that?

Also, how do i get to use the mouse? No matter what i try, i cant use the mouse as the cursor doesnt show.

Tutorial wont help as it doesnt understand that im using the HOTAS, it just keeps on saying "press left mouse button to do xxx" but nothing happens even when i press mouse buttons.

Any chance there will be presets for HOTAS systems, this binding is making me crazy..

w.evans
x4

Post by w.evans » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 10:57

Not sure about the HOTAS since i don't have access to a throttle at the moment, but you could try mapping your throttle controls to "Throttle" under "Steering: Analog". You could then map your reverse button to "Full Reverse" under "Steering: Digital". Make sure you're doing this in the Controls submenu for the non-VR controllers rather than that for the Vive.

The mouse cursor should appear if you take your headset off. Are you getting instructions to use the mouse with your headset on?

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sat, 29. Jul 17, 19:21

Could this sort of thing be handled by Thrustmasters Target software.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

dertien
x2

Post by dertien » Tue, 1. Aug 17, 16:27

Unlike Elite Dangerous where flying Assist Off takes quite some practice, but is rewarding nevertheless, flying Assist Off (the Newtonian way) is quite a breeze in XR.

Disable the analog throttle completely and use digital to thrust in the 6 directions (both strafe vertically and horizontally using 4 buttons) and forward and reverse thrust using two other buttons. Only use analog for pitch, roll and yaw.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”