Can you fly many ships in the VR Version?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Archaine
x3ap

Can you fly many ships in the VR Version?

Post by Archaine » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 09:26

Can you fly many ships in the VR Version? Or are you limited like regular rebirth? The one X game I never bothered with because of that. And can you do scripting in the VR Version?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 13:06

XRVR is the VR version of elements of the XR game rather than a complete gameplay and engine rewrite (although now using the Vulkan graphics API) and so it is still limited to piloting just the Skunk.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Archaine
x3ap

ARggg.

Post by Archaine » Sat, 17. Mar 18, 22:40

Well that sucks. I hope they announce x4 soon, I guess I can wait. Have Star Citizen, but miss being able to just play around on my own, don't like the online trend we are seeing with so many games. I see X as more of a design program than a game, like a Sim City, though they wrecked that game too with the latest version. When a new version of a game is released and is LESS than the previous versions it's just damned depressing.

What about scripting or Moding with XRVR? I might still check it out if I can mod it like TC and AP. In those, I could spawn a space station fill it with missiles and have it attack enemies as they entered the sector, and depending on range and health of the target, it would choose the appropriate missile and amount in the volley, cool stuff. Maybe they could open modding up to allow advanced users to pilot other ships.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 11:23

X4 already has been announced half a year ago, which is why we have an X4 forum at the top of the forum index. ;) Modding XR VR is possible in the same way as XR, whereby there are some smaller differences.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Archaine
x3ap

Ok. Not seeing the release date

Post by Archaine » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 19:29

Thanks for the info, clarify if you can.
I looked everywhere and did not see a date for when I can purchase x4 ? (that's what I meant by release date)

I did not see a scripting forum for Revirth VR, where should I look for those differences?

Thanks again.

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

Re: Ok. Not seeing the release date

Post by The Q » Sat, 24. Mar 18, 18:00

Archaine wrote:I did not see a scripting forum for Revirth VR, where should I look for those differences?

Thanks again.
There's no specific Scripts and Modding forum for XR VR. You can check out this thread though (also note this), and since XR VR is based on XR, the majority of guides for modding XR apply to XR VR too.
Morkonan, Emperor of the Unaffiliated Territories of the Principality of OFF-TOPIC, wrote:I have come to answer your questions! The answers are "Yes" and "Probably" as well as "No" and "Maybe", but I'm not sure in which order they should be given.
xkcd: Duty calls

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”