Trading with big ships, what am I doing wrong?

Feedback and information for X Rebirth VR Edition

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

juanitierno
xrvr

Trading with big ships, what am I doing wrong?

Post by juanitierno » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 19:25

Hello!

I'm pretty newb to the game, I'm just at the point where I capped myself a couple Titurels and got a Lyraneas.

I think im doing things wrong, I've explored several sectors/zones, always leaving an NPC with "update offers" duty at each station (I think I have around 30-40 stations in that state, far from 100% complete, but still decent I think?).

I'm using the second trade icon from the main menu (the one that has both the buying and selling pre-calculated to maximize profits).

My issue is that trades seem crappy as hell... Like, most are 20k 50k profits, with the bigger ones (mostly illegal goods) barely reaching 300k or so. At those "best" values its 60 manual trades just to gain back the cost of the ship (if I was buying them).

Those seems very unprofitable given the size/cost/risk of the ships I'm using and the fact that I have to manually make them trade (if they where cheaper ships and auto-traded I guess those would be decent returns if they run continuously)

What am I doing wrong? Is trading simply not profitable? I'm using the VR version in case it matters.

To be clear I'm comparing those profits with other types of missions, that net you 800K and mostly require you to sit back and watch as the massive station defenses turn a couple Ps and Ms into dust.

Thanks!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 27. Mar 18, 23:48

Because the game universe is different for VR compared to standard Rebirth, I'll move this to the VR forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ZacKPloK
x4

Post by ZacKPloK » Sat, 31. Mar 18, 01:48

These numbers seem to be very low to me. Normally profits are much higher. Maybe you don't have enough money to buy big amounts of a ware in the first place? You should also check if trading range is set to galaxy and sort the deals by profit. Hope that helps.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 20:05

Thanks for your answer, I have around 20 million ATM, but the "investment" is always around 500K - 1 mill.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 20:06

Ok, thanks, didn't think the economy would work differently too.

Fenhris
x4

Post by Fenhris » Wed, 18. Jul 18, 18:28

Profit from each traderun also depends on what type of station you have unlocked tradeoffers for. If you unlock a Shiptec Fac and a Shipyard you should see traderuns with higher profits. Also, get a Construction yard or a Construction facility (I think they are called, the one that makes Reinforced Metal Plating ;-)

Most stations will buy/sell food, energy or other low value items, and they will then be less profitable.

Return to “X Rebirth VR Edition”