HELP, nothing is working at all in this station.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grimmrog
x4

HELP, nothing is working at all in this station.

Post by Grimmrog » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:13

So I have the PHQ

it has 3 solarcells, a ice refinery, a docking pier, even 2 docks. Build orders is having wheat, spice and meat as well.
There is a manager,
There are funds in the station
I even ordered drones. But they somehow don't fill up
I have 2 traders assiged
I hve a frigate assigned
I have a miner assignd

The miner is at automining ice havign queues "Add wares"
The freigthers have autotrade and also "Add wares" with energy cells.
All size M
There is also a Pelican (L) with also "Add wares" with energy cells

in the logical overview I also created sell offers for water and nergy cells with auto pricing.

But none of them does anytjhing than standing around.

So what should I do make this stuff work now? Wheres the issue with makign things auto? The only way i cna make the traders of me work is setting the price to 11 manually for the solar cells. But that can't be the point of it. Also, the worst part is, the lowest price I cna set is 11 while the nearby NPC station cna sell them for 10,57. GG
Last edited by Grimmrog on Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

Mavo Pi
x4

Re: HELP, nothing is working at all in this station.

Post by Mavo Pi » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:17

do you have storage modules? You should have solid storage for ice and container for the rest.

KillZ0n3
x4

Post by KillZ0n3 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:21

Grimmrog wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:13
So I have the PHQ

it has 3 solarcells, a ice refinery, a docking pier, even 2 docks. Build orders is having wheat, spice and meat as well.
There is a manager,
There are funds in the station
I even ordered drones. But they somehow don't fill up
I have 2 traders assiged
I hve a frigate assigned
I have a miner assignd

The miner is at automining ice havign queues "Add wares"
The freigthers have autotrade and also "Add wares" with energy cells.
All size M
There is also a Pelican (L) with also "Add wares" with energy cells

in the logical overview I also created sell offers for water and nergy cells with auto pricing.

But none of them does anytjhing than standing around.

So what should I do make this stuff work now? Wheres the issue with makign things auto? The only way i cna make the traders of me work is setting the price to 11 manually for the solar cells. But that can't be the point of it. Also, the worst part is, the lowest price I cna set is 11 while the nearby NPC station cna sell them for 10,57. GG
Remove the auto trader orders, in fact remove all orders for your desired traders. Select all your traders, right click on your station, click "Trade for...".
That will assign them to become that station's resident traders, only buying and selling what the station needs(produces).

If even then the traders arent working then you dont have wares produced (check the storage, see if you have the wares available) or there are no station available to buy those wares (may need to explore a bit more if you havent).

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:29

Mavo Pi wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:17
do you have storage modules? You should have solid storage for ice and container for the rest.
yes there is a solid storage too. I got a Large liquid, large solid and large container storage.

I can slso not even set the water price to a competitive level, best I can sell it at is 48 while competitor npc's have 34.
KillZ0n3 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:21
Grimmrog wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:13
So I have the PHQ
Remove the auto trader orders, in fact remove all orders for your desired traders. Select all your traders, right click on your station, click "Trade for...".
That will assign them to become that station's resident traders, only buying and selling what the station needs(produces).

Also the L freighter needs cargo drones to trade with your station, otherwise you will have to upgrade the ship to have them. Another option is to construct an 1 or 3 Point Pier so that L and XL ships can dock.
The main issues seems to be the "autorpricing" just utilising utopic huge prices s soon as I set a low one manually the freighters start to come to my station. but that can't soemhow be right, or is the autorpricign feature just that much borken/wrong.

But reassignign the miner made him at leats flying off now, so thx for that hint. I gonna see if he does a proepr job or will idle around soemwhere again.

KillZ0n3
x4

Post by KillZ0n3 » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:38

It's not borked, there are stations who sell lower than the automatic pricing for your station. Also the auto pricing is an average price and traders aren't looking for average price. When the issue with the stalled economy gets solved, i'm sure this will work better.

Also, as you described in your first post, you were having issues with "your" traders, not NPC one's.
Anyways glad to be of some help. If the miner stands still after putting him on dedicated miner position, post here again.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:13

KillZ0n3 wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 14:38
It's not borked, there are stations who sell lower than the automatic pricing for your station. Also the auto pricing is an average price and traders aren't looking for average price. When the issue with the stalled economy gets solved, i'm sure this will work better.

Also, as you described in your first post, you were having issues with "your" traders, not NPC one's.
Anyways glad to be of some help. If the miner stands still after putting him on dedicated miner position, post here again.
Well, there are stations that sell lower than the lowest price I can set, pretty much an issue if you want to sell your stuff.

still having an issues with drones not being deliveed to the station, or bought or however drones that we set there to be bought get to our station.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:17

Grimmrog wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:13
KillZ0n3 wrote:

Well, there are stations that sell lower than the lowest price I can set, pretty much an issue if you want to sell your stuff.

still having an issues with drones not being deliveed to the station, or bought or however drones that we set there to be bought get to our station.
Instead of using the slider to set a sell price, can you click the number just below the slider and manually type in the price you want?
Admiral of the Fleet.

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:17

Vandragorax wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:17
Grimmrog wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:13
KillZ0n3 wrote:

Instead of using the slider to set a sell price, can you click the number just below the slider and manually type in the price you want?
the price range is set and while one can type in a number here, prices below or above the slider aren't accepted.

Return to “X4: Foundations”