Exceptional Ship Mods? Or even rare ones?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Vaeo
x4

Exceptional Ship Mods? Or even rare ones?

Post by Vaeo » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:06

All enemies seem to drop basic fuel injectors or basic shield coils and stuff. Where do the rare and exceptional ones drop? Are they in game? Would appreciate knowledge on the subject. Or do I have to craft them?

Requiemfang
x4

Re: Exceptional Ship Mods? Or even rare ones?

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:42

we're suppose to be able to craft the modifications but as far as I can tell after unlocking a few blueprints for them they simply do not show up in the crafting table. Gonna assume that they aren't enabled or in the game yet currently.

bubbabenali
x4

Post by bubbabenali » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:48

Vaeo wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:06
All enemies seem to drop basic fuel injectors or basic shield coils and stuff. Where do the rare and exceptional ones drop? Are they in game? Would appreciate knowledge on the subject. Or do I have to craft them?
I found some rare crafting items from random Xeno Drones hunting for Engine tuning.
But honestly: If it's forward thrust I'd much rather use a common mod with two negligible boost mali and a ~40% thrust bonus than a "rare"-class mod with no downside and max 25% bonus. And if all the mods go with this patern, obviously the low level mods are the best mods anyways.

Tychoid
x4

Post by Tychoid » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 00:56

Crates, misson rewards, etc.

I've got a couple of purple/exceptional materials. Haven't really been hunting for them. Also haven't done much combat (considering the universe is empty of hostiles).

Also, you craft/apply modifications by docking a ship, then going to the ship trader in the station (look for the store with the floating wrench icon over it - similar to the station traders).

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:17

There's a short crafting guide in the X4 Foundations Manual on the Purchasing and Upgrading ships page.

So far I've only found intact basic Ship Mods but as mentioned above, it's possible to craft Enhanced and Exceptional alternatives that have larger bonuses set against penalties to related parameters.

Vaeo
x4

Post by Vaeo » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:45

Ah. TY for all the helpful info! I'm hoping to get an exceptional shield delay reduction mod, because shield regen is gonna be meta. Perhaps stack it with a recharge rate mod. Apparently the purple mods are the best for shield delay reduction.

Vaeo
x4

Post by Vaeo » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:47

It says I can craft ship mods. But has anyone actually been able to craft one? And if so, where are they crafted? TY in advance for any helpful input.

Spiralrazor

Post by Spiralrazor » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:52

Vaeo wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:47
It says I can craft ship mods. But has anyone actually been able to craft one? And if so, where are they crafted? TY in advance for any helpful input.
you need a certain amount of all required items. Items that you are missing are in light grey, otherwise they should be green. They are crafted at workbenches on Wharfs and equipment docks. Usually in the ship dealer shop.

nemhook
x3

Post by nemhook » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:59

best way I've found to get mod mats is go to a xenon station or defence station and let a destroyer or 2 or a good few fighters attack it while you attack the drones, those drones just toss mats at you when you kill them, and they are a never ending supply so you can shoot them all day, as long as you haven't destroyed the station.

don't get a decent drop rape for rare or epic, but common mats are a great start to give you that boost you need but you do get some though.
Even though i like u, i may be called upon to kill u one day, know it isnt personal when it happens
[ external image ]

mamastoast

Post by mamastoast » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 02:26

I havent seen a single mod in the game yet :P

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 03:03

got exceptional component for shield from some random M-sized xenon

Return to “X4: Foundations”