Salvage contracts

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Salvage contracts

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 04:07

Sometimes there are missions in which we are supposed to fly out to a region, open lockboxes, and retrieve the contents. But isn't it a bit odd that by getting these items, you complete the mission, without first having to return to the person who gave the mission in the first place to give them the items? It seems like whenever I take these missions, I am only doing the first half of the mission.

tSpecR

Re: Salvage contracts

Post by tSpecR » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 04:17

Yeah lol. I was stoked first time I realised I didnt have to fly back.

simballine
x4

Post by simballine » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 18:14

I'm surprised that more people don't care about this. Actually, I'm not, its probably one of the most lucrative missions, get directions to loot and get paid well for taking it.

But it ruins the immersion of the game for me. I'm writing this in the hopes that a dev reads it and will put it on the to-do list.

edit: so this is for the missions: All That Remains and Medical Salvage (?), possibly others.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 12:29

I think I simply comes down to the code and how it's in a state of waiting for X.

As long as you have the pieces, game doesn't know any better, it just knows you have them and bang, thank you for the rabbits.

Unless of course someone changed the code to take you current inventory into consideration, some thing like, grab inventory #'s in an array for all wares etc. Then add the queue +1 for the wanted items.

Even this, for the code side, it's possible, but is it worth it to redo. Be like Fed-Ex styled return "The Ring" back to Amon Amarth after a nice letter, sorry wrong address for it. Please return to sender.

I know what you mean though, it's a downer.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 13:49

Nobody stops you if - for immersion's sake - you turn back to the Station where you got the mission from :)

Let's be honest: those missions are rarely difficult and to ferry back the goods is just routine. If you'd have done it - let's say - five times it'd become odd.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Wed, 16. Jan 19, 17:28

zazie wrote:
Wed, 16. Jan 19, 13:49
Nobody stops you if - for immersion's sake - you turn back to the Station where you got the mission from :)

Let's be honest: those missions are rarely difficult and to ferry back the goods is just routine. If you'd have done it - let's say - five times it'd become odd.
:lol: ^^ has a point :P

r4tch3t
x4

Post by r4tch3t » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 01:46

Falcrack wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 04:07
Sometimes there are missions in which we are supposed to fly out to a region, open lockboxes, and retrieve the contents. But isn't it a bit odd that by getting these items, you complete the mission, without first having to return to the person who gave the mission in the first place to give them the items? It seems like whenever I take these missions, I am only doing the first half of the mission.
In at least one mission log I read they say they
"want the data from the lockbox you can keep the items you find"

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 02:34

How about the mission where you have to go find his daughter's fiancee who dumped her so you can get back the precious ring. You go to the freighter, shoot it up a bit to get it to drop the precious ring, collect the precious ring, complete the mission and get the reward, and... keep the precious ring? You never have to return it?

I really think there should be a requirement for these types of missions to at least drop of the item you were supposed to retrieve. Yeah, I could go back to the original station without any kind of mission requirement and "pretend" to fulfill that part of the mission, but that just sounds, like, really, really, really lame and I would never actually do that without it being an actual mission requirement with guidance waypoints.

El Novato
x4

Post by El Novato » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 03:06

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 17. Jan 19, 02:34
How about the mission where you have to go find his daughter's fiancee who dumped her so you can get back the precious ring. You go to the freighter, shoot it up a bit to get it to drop the precious ring, collect the precious ring, complete the mission and get the reward, and... keep the precious ring? You never have to return it?

I really think there should be a requirement for these types of missions to at least drop of the item you were supposed to retrieve. Yeah, I could go back to the original station without any kind of mission requirement and "pretend" to fulfill that part of the mission, but that just sounds, like, really, really, really lame and I would never actually do that without it being an actual mission requirement with guidance waypoints.
It´s...don´t want to spoil you, but it´s clear that you are the daughter. That is why you have to keep the ring. A marriage is coming boosting to you.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 17. Jan 19, 09:53

@El Novato :mrgreen: mmd

@r4tch3t: And if you have finished that sort of mission you will have a "Safe Data Container" in your inventory.

@Falcrack: "really, really, really lame". I don't want to contradict. But personally I find it quite 'lame' fo follow yellow guidance waypoint through space. Most of those missions you can do without activating it. You have a Briefing, you know what to do, you do it, get the reward and then - Hardcore Gamers as us - bring back to the station what was 'lost' in space. You only 'cheat' yourself in doing so, there is nobody behind your back saying "look at that grown-up fool, he just flew back through three sectors just to pretend he brought in some wares".

In MY case there is a certain danger that the person in my back would say "look at that grown-up fool, he just pretends to fly through space - sitting at his desk" :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations”