[Suggestion] Difficulty settings

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [Suggestion] Difficulty settings

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 01:24

radcapricorn wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 17:14
No, it wasn't tedious to get money in Rebirth, no more tedious than it is in 4. Just like in 4, you were given money aplenty for very silly reasons. Yes, it was faster to kill a K with a capship. It is in 4 as well. So?..
I never said getting money in XR was tedious, since the reduction was only like 25% or so, hardly noticeable.

The tedious part was combat involving the Albion skunk. Killing a Xenon P, ships that the player owned caps swatted out the sky like nothing, took 30+ seconds of constant fire due to how high the damage reduction from the skunk damage was. This is just tedious. It is like making the first boss of Sonic 1 take 4 times more hits and calling it "hard mode".
radcapricorn wrote:
Thu, 12. Dec 19, 17:14
5 minutes per mission is a lot of time?
It is considering it is player time and a lot of missions are quite boring. If the player was only paid 10 credits or something stupid it would totally not be worth accepting the missions.
Last edited by Imperial Good on Fri, 13. Dec 19, 07:33, edited 1 time in total.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 01:37

Wow. That's all I have left to say. Wow...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 09:58

mission payout has been nerfed in 3.0 and its like around 50k, actually making me not take them as they are boring and now they don't pay well

I dont know how It would help if its less, if they did go even more down they need to add a ton of missions so its not tedious and boring

with the current game would you really choose to have lower paying missions, crystals and higher price of ships, stations and equipment?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 18:05

With the current game I would "choose" (that is, prefer) missions that:
- made sense economically
- made sense gameplay-wise
- had actual effect on the universe
- scaled with your rank and reputation

Someone paying an off-the-street know-nothing nobody 50k for repairing a satellite when said satellite itself costs 5k doesn't make any sense, economically or gameplay-wise. Someone paying an off-the-street know-nothing nobody 50k for taxiing them, when a small ship costs 200k, doesn't make any sense, economically or gameplay-wise. Someone paying an off-the-street know-nothing nobody 18M for "building" a station that costs 2M doesn't make any sense, economically or gameplay-wise.
At the very least they should check your faction standing and your rank before even considering taking you on for a contract, and then figuring out suitable compensation.

Crystals - ideally, the buyers should've been rare and hard to get to. Which is, basically, impossible to achieve now, "thanks" to teleport. So they might as well be everywhere, as they are. But then at least they should have limited wallets.

Ships and equipment should cost more. A lot more. In the current game, I don't fret at losing any ship, even a destroyer (I may be pissed off at losing trained crew though). Because ships are "a dime a dozen", because money is no object. And when you get your own shipyard, well... that's that.

I would choose a low payment mission if that mission is interesting and leads to more opportunities.

Wehrwolf_10
x4

Post by Wehrwolf_10 » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 21:14

radcapricorn wrote:
Fri, 13. Dec 19, 18:05
With the current game I would "choose" (that is, prefer) missions that:
- made sense economically
- made sense gameplay-wise
- had actual effect on the universe
- scaled with your rank and reputation

Someone paying an off-the-street know-nothing nobody 50k for repairing a satellite when said satellite itself costs 5k doesn't make any sense, economically or gameplay-wise. Someone paying an off-the-street know-nothing nobody 50k for taxiing them, when a small ship costs 200k, doesn't make any sense, economically or gameplay-wise. Someone paying an off-the-street know-nothing nobody 18M for "building" a station that costs 2M doesn't make any sense, economically or gameplay-wise.
At the very least they should check your faction standing and your rank before even considering taking you on for a contract, and then figuring out suitable compensation.

Crystals - ideally, the buyers should've been rare and hard to get to. Which is, basically, impossible to achieve now, "thanks" to teleport. So they might as well be everywhere, as they are. But then at least they should have limited wallets.

Ships and equipment should cost more. A lot more. In the current game, I don't fret at losing any ship, even a destroyer (I may be pissed off at losing trained crew though). Because ships are "a dime a dozen", because money is no object. And when you get your own shipyard, well... that's that.

I would choose a low payment mission if that mission is interesting and leads to more opportunities.
I absolutely agree! Due to these huge cash payments and low prices, the game looks like an anime with princesses :D

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 21:18

how could this be a settings bc it needs to overhaul missions and economy
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 21:43

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 13. Dec 19, 21:18
how could this be a settings bc it needs to overhaul missions and economy
It can't :)

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 22:02

Mission pay scales with faction reputation (confirmed in 2.60), for some missions at least. This means that a mission paying 100k might pay a lot more if one is at 30 reputation.

Return to “X4: Foundations”