GeForce Now - Thank you egosoft!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Reginald Barclay
x4

GeForce Now - Thank you egosoft!

Post by Reginald Barclay » Sat, 30. May 20, 09:53

I bought X4 a week ago and I can enjoy it with the power of GeForce now system.

I'm so glad that your game and my old x3tc are present in the list!

I hope you will stay there, because I read an article about Nvidia changing his way to work due to the developer which left the platform after nvidia released the founders subscription. (Blizzard and worst Bethesda when I was playing again their game... Such bad decision)
║ ░ HP ProBook 6470b ░ GeForce Now ░ ║

Ebany
x4

Re: GeForce Now - Thank you egosoft!

Post by Ebany » Sat, 30. May 20, 13:25

You using Steam? I launch through GOG so GeForce Now doesn't work for me as it's constantly trying to load the Steam version.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Reginald Barclay
x4

Post by Reginald Barclay » Sat, 30. May 20, 13:34

Yes I have the Steam version of both games.

There is only one little bug at the moment. If I launch the game X4 directly from the GFN list, it will be in English. If I launch Steam in gfn then x4 when I'm in the gfn steam box then it will be in French.

Maybe it's not a bug and that I just need to force/find where to change the language.

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Sat, 30. May 20, 13:52

I haven't looked for a while but I don't remember it having launch options, thought it was all automated. I use Reshade for many games so I've avoided Gefore now for a while. I Should try it again as I'm running X4 for on my RTX2080 Super system instead of the GTX980 one.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 30. May 20, 20:24

Nvidia has to whitelist games on GeForce Now for them to be playable. I am not sure if the reason is due to licencing from game developers who do not want their licences being shared, or Nvidia who wants to charge developers a fee. In any case it has caused a stink with some developers who pulled their products from GeForce Now while others are still adding theirs.

Reginald Barclay
x4

Post by Reginald Barclay » Sun, 31. May 20, 01:24

As long as I know, it's related to the big team who removed their games after the release of GFN.

Example : Blizzard, Bethesda (a bit later)

I don't know the true, but what is quite often told is that they wanted to sell their game for GFN or Steam or Epic and so on. Meaning, oh you have the game but you want to use it on GFN you will have to pay...

For me GFN is the power that I need to play the games that I used enjoy but for which I don't want anymore to invest in very expensive powerfull stuff.

I was enjoying Skirym again with graphics at ultra lvl when Bethesda removed their games, so the idea to buy their new games isn't in my plan. Now, when I want a game, I'm looking at first if it's available on GFN, that's not really attractive to play on my Intel HD4000.

And I read yersteday an article about Nvidia who will contact all the dev already present to accept some agreement and that they will apply this for all new futur dev team and games incoming to avoid them to be removed in GFN.

This is really frustrating for the GFN users and in my own opinion, it's not GFN's fault. That the choice of the dev to be there or not. I heard that Stadia, the cloud computing platform of Google was more interesting because you have to pay again your game to play on their platform... :o :gruebel:

In the 90's if you bought a licence, it's was your game, with his box. Today, it's much more virtual, but the prices are the same, even more expensive. A PC game was at around 30 - 40€, now it's reaching slowly the 60€ for a new game release massively waited. :doh:

Well, whatever, we can choose and I wanted to say thank you to egosoft to be there on gfn, to have this opportunity to play X4 that I wouldn't be able if absent. :-D

Return to “X4: Foundations”