4.00 b8 Feature Request (Large empire ease of life, see screenshot)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Myrath
x4

4.00 b8 Feature Request (Large empire ease of life, see screenshot)

Post by Myrath » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 10:58

HI,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pwd4GN ... sp=sharing

For your consideration.
I have 90 stations, currently. It is very tedious to update them and to give them all the love they deserve.
Mostly because the amount of scrolling and clicking that needs to be done.

Please see screenshot of station management screen with suggestions.

+ Add button to go to next station
+ Add button to go to previous station
+ Add button to directly assign an additional idle / unused medium transporter
+ Add button to directly assign an additional idle / unused large transporter
+ Add button to directly assign an additional idle / unused medium solid miner.
+ Add button to directly assign an additional idle / unused large solid miner.
+ Add button to directly assign an additional idle / unused medium gas miner.
+ Add button to directly assign an additional idle / unused large gas miner.
+ Ability to change station name right there in that screen.

Matthew94
xr

Re: 4.00 b8 Feature Request (Large empire ease of life, see screenshot)

Post by Matthew94 » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 13:12

Agreed. The late-game micro in this game kills all of the fun. You'd think adding a few UI buttons would be fairly simple yet improvements have been glacial.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 15:34

Late gamers don't bring in the DLC money. They want us to restart our game over and over to play the new missions.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 16:06

So you basically want a button to cycle through all stations so that you actually arrive at the correct station after 89 clicks? Dunno if that is much of a qol feature.

I‘ve got 150+ stations and solely supply them with unassigned distribute ware traders/miners (yes that’s intended). The only real thing I wish is some way of grouping my stations/ships so that I don’t need to scroll that much.

easternsun

Post by easternsun » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 22:19

Instead of cycling through All stations why not use the request for stations that need upkeep missions. This way your actively working on fixing the problems of giving them funds and trade/mine ships.

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Fri, 19. Feb 21, 23:40

I'd just like Stations and Fleets to be able to restock their subordinates upon death (If the player has the credits or shipyard modules available). There is a mod that does this which drastically reduces the micromanagement factor of rebuilding a fleet, or restocking station subordinates. I personally think that Vanilla X4 would greatly benefit from these quality of life improvements, and that the devs would handle some of these common issues between 4.0 and 5.0 after CoH is released.

X4 definitely needs more "fire and forget" mechanics for late game micro utility. Before I had Mysterial's Player Restock Subordinates mod, it would take upwards of an hour to assemble and assign a fleet to clear a sector. Now I only need to do that once for my fleet instead of needing to manually rebuild and replace fallen ships after a few large-scale conflicts. Since it is a toggleable command in the commander/manager's chat, I can choose who gets to automatically restock their subordinates, and who does not.

bitvoid
x4

Post by bitvoid » Sat, 20. Feb 21, 12:59

Myrath wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 10:58
+ Add button to go to next station
+ Add button to go to previous station
I'd love to have those too. From time to time I just want to check the Logical Station Overview of all my stations to see if everything runs smoothly and having a convenient way to cycle through your stations would make this process much less painful.

Myrath
x4

Post by Myrath » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 09:13

rene6740 wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 16:06
So you basically want a button to cycle through all stations so that you actually arrive at the correct station after 89 clicks? Dunno if that is much of a qol feature.

I‘ve got 150+ stations and solely supply them with unassigned distribute ware traders/miners (yes that’s intended). The only real thing I wish is some way of grouping my stations/ships so that I don’t need to scroll that much.
No, not really.
I want to cycle through all my stations, see where there are shortages and overflows. And quickly add more buildings, plotspace, ships without having to close the window all the time.
When you want to make some changes while browsing trough my now 100 stations, you have to scroll and search all the time.

Same goes for the internal mission list where you have to manage stations. There is no direct click to the offending station. Have to search and search. It's a lot of work.

If I just want one station I can just go and pick it. This is for large overhaul and management.

Myrath
x4

Post by Myrath » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 09:14

Manawydn wrote:
Fri, 19. Feb 21, 23:40
I'd just like Stations and Fleets to be able to restock their subordinates upon death (If the player has the credits or shipyard modules available). There is a mod that does this which drastically reduces the micromanagement factor of rebuilding a fleet, or restocking station subordinates. I personally think that Vanilla X4 would greatly benefit from these quality of life improvements, and that the devs would handle some of these common issues between 4.0 and 5.0 after CoH is released.

X4 definitely needs more "fire and forget" mechanics for late game micro utility. Before I had Mysterial's Player Restock Subordinates mod, it would take upwards of an hour to assemble and assign a fleet to clear a sector. Now I only need to do that once for my fleet instead of needing to manually rebuild and replace fallen ships after a few large-scale conflicts. Since it is a toggleable command in the commander/manager's chat, I can choose who gets to automatically restock their subordinates, and who does not.
It does help to include a (fully stocked) supply ship to fleets though. It helps repairing and restocking all sizes of ships.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 09:47

rene6740 wrote:
As bad is it sounds, I often do routine checks on all my stations, so making 89 next click is still improvement over 89 * (1 click in map, move to select station + 1 right click to open menu + 1 click to go into logical overview).

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 10:05

One way to lifehack grouping your stations is by purchasing an empty plot somewhere. For example, all my defensive stations are named "Defense Station - Sector"... buy a cheap empty plot in eleventh hour and company regard, don't build anything there, and now in your station list your defensive stations are bracketed by two black bars, and easy to find.

That wouldn't work for every situation, but could help alleviate some of the searching around in the list.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Thu, 4. Mar 21, 21:41

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 4. Mar 21, 09:47
rene6740 wrote:
As bad is it sounds, I often do routine checks on all my stations, so making 89 next click is still improvement over 89 * (1 click in map, move to select station + 1 right click to open menu + 1 click to go into logical overview).
Why moving the map around when you could just go through the list on the left info panel and accessing logical overview in the right info panel? That’s two click, first select station and second logical overview.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 06:47

Then it still 89 times 2.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 07:15

May I also add:

- The ability to collapse, rearrange and group assets into collapsable windows in the menu (create groups like fleets, without any functionality, just to maintain a naice overview). Shouldn't be that hard to do.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 10:48

ApoxNM wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 07:15
May I also add:

- The ability to collapse, rearrange and group assets into collapsable windows in the menu (create groups like fleets, without any functionality, just to maintain a naice overview). Shouldn't be that hard to do.
Or add another class tab into property menu "Hidden objects":
You could select any ship or station and click "add to hidden list" - it would be removed from property menu into "hidden object" tab and there you could unhidden them when you like.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Fri, 5. Mar 21, 18:32

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 10:48
ApoxNM wrote:
Fri, 5. Mar 21, 07:15
May I also add:

Or add another class tab into property menu "Hidden objects":
You could select any ship or station and click "add to hidden list" - it would be removed from property menu into "hidden object" tab and there you could unhidden them when you like.
I like my version better, but it would be even better, if you could add that feature to groups.

Return to “X4: Foundations”