x4 Cradle of Humanity ,mining logic is broke

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kuriosphotos
x4

x4 Cradle of Humanity ,mining logic is broke

Post by kuriosphotos » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 04:13

I have read all the posts from people claiming mining isn't broken you need to drop probes, etc. I have played X3, X Rebirth, and X4 since the day of release, and have never seen miners for stations act in this way. I am filled with ICE, do not need ice, but yet the miners mine for ICE. I go and drop ICE, get a couple of good runs, and they are back again mining ICE, repeat and rinse. :evil: This did not occur till the release of 4.0, before the station miners mined what the station needed. This is seriously hurting my enjoyment, of a game I have loved, the complete need to constantly micromanage station miners. I guess I will need to setup the mining stations and traders to get the resources I need. Which is funny for those who claim that you are running out of resources, if you set up the stations mining only one thing, guess what you get that one thing, you are not running out resources, the logic of the stations assigning miners is broken. End of rant, will start again tomorrow, hoping to seeing a patch in the near future.

Jeraal
x4

Re: x4 Cradle of Humanity ,mining logic is broke

Post by Jeraal » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 05:19

Egosoft put out a survey before the mining changes went live. I believe ~25% were not in favor of the changes. I would be very curious if the same ones who voted 'yea' still feel that way.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 10:27

Definite 'yea' still, but I'm not a standard. :goner:

There is logic and there is its implementation.
Is the logic sane? Sounds good to me.
Is the implementation correct? No idea.

Pre-4.0 mining had a bug. It was fixed. Some of the problems seen now might be due something that has been around all the time but were previously masked by the bug. Hence there was not enough attention, as "it works", until now.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:16

Mining is now so bad, I am , and have started a completely new game.
With no miners what so ever !

Not only do they behave like naughty children, they need to be constantly monitored and protected. Even then they don't last too long. Waist of time mining any more.

Be interesting to see what happens over time with the game dynamics.
:cry:

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 21. Apr 21, 11:47

Jeraal wrote:
Wed, 21. Apr 21, 05:19
Egosoft put out a survey before the mining changes went live. I believe ~25% were not in favor of the changes. I would be very curious if the same ones who voted 'yea' still feel that way.
Still a definite 'yea' from me too. Game was bugged, needed fixing. Should not be possible to run a vast mega complex on a handful of gravel.
In one of my previous games I built this monstrosity: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rk6jvqwbhy2w ... 1.jpg?dl=0
496 production modules & this tiny fleet of miners was more than enough to supply it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4knxv2flfgxov ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Have had to make a few adjustments in 4.0 to how I setup my mining fleet & how far they go to gather resources, but overall find it much more satisfying.

Return to “X4: Foundations”