Capture Astrid impossible?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Capture Astrid impossible?

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 8. May 24, 09:55

Though this is not a bug, or it might be, but I tried to disable the astrid to capture it, but it kept shooting at me with those weird weapons that block almost the whole screen, I can't hardly see and can't select any definable engine/shield/weapon, and I tried.
So how do you capture this ship, and is it worth? It has exceptional speed but how about its shielding and weapons?
Please, if anyone can enlighten this a bit, that would be very nice to know a bit about it's background.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Capture Astrid impossible?

Post by CBJ » Wed, 8. May 24, 10:07

Not beta feedback. Moved to the main forum. ;)

charlie1024
x4

Post by charlie1024 » Wed, 8. May 24, 15:20

Not a bug I think.

They're a little hard to capture. However, you can do it. Just, maybe the possibility is low.

I personally don't use even though I have an Astrid, because I just want maneuverable ship rather than just a fast ship, but it will be different based on the each users' opinion.

To bail effectively, I think you'd better to practice to damaging the ship to possibly bail, but not be destroyed. This should be possible with your experienced skills.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Wed, 8. May 24, 15:24

I used some corvettes with ion weapons and pretty will trained marines.
I don't really use it, i have it sitting on the deck of my flaghship Asgard to add some extra turrets to defend against fighters =D

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Wed, 8. May 24, 16:27

The 1st Astrid is forced bailed by the plot. So you could get the 1st Astrid, and modify the beam turrets with Lens or Expediter so it has a longer range than you could safely buzz the 2nd Astrid with the 1st Astrid.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Thu, 9. May 24, 11:57

Well people, I tried but as some of you say, useless piece of flying beauty, nothing more. As I used a cheat to get one, I wanted to know about this firepower it has, well, disappointment here, it could hardly punch a hole in a pack of butter, I thought it was a formidable weapon with both two front guns and a six-pack weapon, but not. Or, the cheat I used interferred here, because now, when I took the Astrid, it only fired its two main guns, the six-pack did nothing. So, this is a quest I never going to make again. The Erlking has a better perspective.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Thu, 9. May 24, 12:54

Mr.Killer wrote:
Thu, 9. May 24, 11:57
Or, the cheat I used interferred here, because now, when I took the Astrid, it only fired its two main guns, the six-pack did nothing.
That's unfortunate, the turrets are arguably it's best feature. Vastly more powerful that conventional M beam turrets, with almost double the range & being beam weapons almost never miss. Main guns are a bit on the weak side (less powerful than the turrets), but at least they're accurate, have a decent range & high rate of fire.

Return to “X4: Foundations”