Your favorite ship from X3 you want in X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

Your favorite ship from X3 you want in X4?

Post by DaMuncha » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 14:55

For my empire my trade fleet was made of Dolphins and my favorite ship to fly was the pirate Blastclaw Prototype. And I would love it if Egosoft put those back in X4.

What ships would you like to see from X3 in X4?

What was your favorite ship you want to see again?

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 15:11

Favourite ship ... Split Chimera,, and trade would be the Caiman Super Freighter .... smaller trades would be the Baldric....
I just loved the Split Chimera ... :)

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 15:54

Hyperion

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 16:02

Split Panther - Agile, small frame, well armed and can carry a lot of fighters.

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 16:49

the argon centaur, love its design :wink:

also the nova... but it is already known that it canged appearence :( :( :(

JSDD
x3tc

Post by JSDD » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 16:59

medusa prototype (with typhoon missile capability ^^ docked at my overtuned hyperion vanguard, together with a kestrel)
To err is human. To really foul things up you need a computer.
Irren ist menschlich. Aber wenn man richtig Fehler machen will, braucht man einen Computer.

Mission Director Beispiele

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 17:26

None particularly - I want to discover my new favourites within X4 and enjoy using them.

I would rather not see something that uses a name or appears familiar but plays totally differently to how I remember using it. There were enough ship type changes in X2->X3R->X3TC->X3AP(->XR) that taught me that lesson.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Crimsonraziel
x4

Post by Crimsonraziel » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 17:37

Actually any of the boron capital ships, but no borons means no boron ships, therefore I'll go with Boreas.
Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry!
#MakeNishalaGreatAgain #BoronLivesMatter :boron:
#LoveAldrin #FreeAlbion #ReturnOfMegalodon

gbjbaanb
x3tc

Post by gbjbaanb » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 17:49

Split panther was my go-to ship for personal empire building after I'd progressed away from bodding about the universe in a fighter.

But otherwise, the Yaki Tenjin. Looked the part of a fighter.

Also - I'd love the "outside of the game" model viewer that I used to use, the XModels3DViewer - loved that to see the ships and their stats.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 18:23

I want to see the classic ships that carried on from X2 to X3 to appear again in X4 (modernised of course). Basically all of them, transporters, M3s, M4s, M2s and M6s etc.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 21:32

There are too many for me to just miss one...

What ships i miss the most is the small ship designs of the Xenon from X-BTF and X-T, those black ships with purple-ish engine trails were looking so cool, stylish, yet at the same time cold and frightening. Also, the engine sound of the XM3 was terrifying, did Egosoft use a broken vacuume cleaner or a broken blender/mixer to record that sound? :roll:
Xenon M5
Xenon M4
Xenon M3
I remember waaaay back from an X-con (the one where X2 was presented) someone from Egosoft said everytime they couldn't invent a design for a ship or sound for X-btf, they'd look around the house, like in the kitchen, for interesting looking or sounding objects and used that as the basis for their designs. :D

The small "junkyard"-xenons from X2 aswell as the modern insect-like xenons, while interesting that the xenon "race" can produce other production branches, just arent as frightening as the original ones.

Also, the Pirate Orinoko and Pirate Bayamon from X-T were badass looking ships for their time.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 21:42

Should have mounted a Plasma Burst Generator on the rear of a Xenon P (Rebirth) ... That would then have been one nasty nasty bug....

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 21:44

Much as Rei above, I too can't limit myself to just one, or even a few - basically, what I'd most like is CONTINUITY, with allowances given to natural and logical evolution of designs. I'd REALLY not like to see yet again a complete upheaval of ship designs as happened going from X2 to X3 - that was unsettling and very immersion- and continuity-breaking (the only thing that helped *a bit* was seeing the occasional derelict of clearly previous Argon capital design.) X3 to Rebirth also contains a lot of jarring inconsistencies, given how many of the ships are described as dating back to the time of gate shutdown and some even before that.

Also, if asked to choose between X2 and X3 styles, I would lean more toward the former - I really miss the rotating glowing tail bits of those Boron ships, the undulating Dolphins, the Osprey that LOOKED like a big bird (OK, granted, an alien species naming its ships after Earth-based birds makes no sense in the first place... or another alien race naming its ships after figures from Greek mythology... or another alien race whoe nomenclature is derived from Terran predatory animals... or the last remaining alien race using names of Terran aquatic animals...), and I particularly miss the look of the Mammoth from X2 - that LOOKED like a heavy-duty workhorse of a beast, almost like a giant hand picking up a large container module - I found that design truly inspired and very "sci-fi".

Hmmm, just typing about this is tempting me to abandon my current Rebirth playthrough to go play X2 (though I still owe research findings which motivated this playthrough in the first place.)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:00

What is really strange to me is:

We are looking for something great and NEW !
But many are looking for getting things from the past - coming from former games - in the new game version :o

Same like Pilgrim's fathers landing at Plymouth Rock and deciding to found a brand new city named "New" York... really. nothing else than "York" in their old mind. Just old world replicated in a new territory. :wink:

Personally, I'd like to see brand new things. Nothing coming from X3.xx except what is absolutely needed to preserve a link between games versions such as Races/factions.

However, I'd be glad to find new races/factions with brand new traits as well.

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:04

Why settle for one, when you can have them all? I would just remaster the old models, and add them together with new models. So you run into an Argon nova, it can look like the X2, X3, or new X4 (whatever it will be) variant. Not sure how much work it would take to update the models, but I think it would be better, and make the universe way more varied. Like going out on the road now. Sure, we'll see lots of Hondas, or Fords, but they are all very different.

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:07

caleb wrote:Sure, we'll see lots of Hondas, or Fords, but they are all very different.
Or they will be no more because outdated, and something else/new will be there... :wink:

caleb
x3tc

Post by caleb » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:15

Phlt wrote:
caleb wrote:Sure, we'll see lots of Hondas, or Fords, but they are all very different.
Or they will be no more because outdated, and something else/new will be there... :wink:
True, but you still see old cars on the road, they don't all magically go away simply because a new model is out. It's not strange to see a 20 year old car on the road. And that's way more than 1 model back.

Space ships will probably be much more resilient than a simple car. I mean, breaking down in your car is no big deal, but if you break down between Jupiter and Venus... Well, you are in deep trouble. So I don't think they'll get replaced very quick.

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:19

Phlt wrote:We are looking for something great and NEW !
But many are looking for getting things from the past - coming from former games - in the new game version :o
Well, i've nothing against new things because it gives the artists the opportunity to implement new ideas or improve their vision of how they want a ship to look like, but that doesn't mean that i can't miss the designs that i think fit best a races characteristics.

Sometimes it just seems a bit strange to me how the people in the X universe seemingly completely reinvent and change their ships styles every couple of years, often while keeping the ships original name, all while completely eradicating any memory or mention of the previous designs.

It's a difficult topic, giving artists freedom while also trying to keep it familar, updating their original visions of ships with modern technology while also trying to be creative and make it not look like copy-paste, staying true to the original while not boring the player with doing the same over and over again...

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:20

OK, let's assume for fun that X4 is happening 1 century beyond....

Then, please consider this once again :wink:
We are looking for something great and NEW !
But many are looking for getting things from the past - coming from former games - in the new game version

Same like Pilgrim's fathers landing at Plymouth Rock and deciding to found a brand new city named "New" York... really. nothing else than "York" in their old mind. Just old world replicated in a new territory.

Personally, I'd like to see brand new things. Nothing coming from X3.xx except what is absolutely needed to preserve a link between games versions such as Races/factions.

However, I'd be glad to find new races/factions with brand new traits as well.
Why should we get old things in a new game ?

Note: sorry to enforce my point... :oops: :wink:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 22:50

I'd vote for the Xenon, Decca M1 from Terran Conflict.

It's like a Guild High Liner morphed with the Star Trek plant killer and imho the closest ship we've seen to an M0 Dreadnought Class

Return to “X4: Foundations”