Would an in-game option to disable stardust be desirable for X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Is an in-game option to disable stardust desirable?

Poll ended at Mon, 9. Jul 18, 03:09

Yes, I'd like it.
29%
No, I'm fine with using a mod for it.
25%
No, I don't want it.
13%
I don't care.
33%

Total votes: 93

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 16:36

Think of it this way, those that replied to the poll are pretty much evenly divided between:
a. wanting an in-game option to toggle space dust,
b. being happy to use mods to achieve the option should they want it, and
c. not caring if there's an in-game option or not.
The exact numbers are pretty immaterial.

Whether that result is likely to influence the devs to make space dust an in-game option in X4 is a rather relevant question, and another is whether space dust was even going to be implemented (in quite the same way as for XR) in X4 anyway.

Since I don't know the answer to either of those follow-up questions, let's perhaps see what the devs might have to say.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

monster.zero
x4

Post by monster.zero » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 21:55

I voted 'Don't care".....BUT

I wouldn't let you pilot my washing machine without this basic feature!

'Ooops!' '...thought I was thrusting up...but i was thrusting left...srry 'bout your docking port! Lol...send me the bill!! '

Not that I would even think about allowing a human to pilot a spaceship. That's just crazy.

Maybe a synthetic human/android/mandroid(women drivers :P )

Smashing a million tonne freighter into the side of a station @ 1 m/s, would be devastating . let alone 500 m/s or 3,000,000(1 percent the speed of light)

No squishy lifeforms aboard my vessels.
DEC BC ; Decrease the counter
LD A, B ; Load one byte of the counter into the accumulator
OR C ; Bitwise OR with the other byte
JR NZ, Loop

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 00:07

GCU Grey Area, no one is counting your "no" as a "yes". The unsympathetic numbers are all there, there was just this short attempt at looking at them from a higher level, is all.

I guess my point is (and it was from the start) that asserting that anything (even such a trivial thing) is "easily" modded unequivocally is, at best, premature, and at worst, misrepresentative. I had hoped that I wasn't in a minority on this, but I thought I was, and I'm sort of glad to have been wrong for once. EDIT: glad, that is.

To reiterate, this was purely a community poll, I don't think devs would really take it into consideration unless they're really looking at that specific thing for some reason.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 16. Jul 18, 01:52

The sample of votes is tiny, Devs of any company would need thousands to really influence their choices in development. No one would do anything with a poll of 100 or less. And so really any poll here on forums is purely for members to ponder about as we don't have the member count or activity to generate a meaningful poll that the Devs would seriously look at.

Imo of course.

So basically saying, I'd not get Ur hopes up.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Return to “X4: Foundations”