X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maddog Slayer
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Maddog Slayer » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 16:58

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 9. Oct 18, 16:10
@ Maddog Slayer: As stated a few times already on the previous page or so of this thread, the discussions between Egosoft and DeepSilver about the feasibility, publishing and distribution for a physical copy of X4 CE (and maybe basic too) have not been completed. (You usually will need a publisher for physical media even when you are able to self-publish digital download items.)
Adding to another comment I have put my hand in pocket for the X3 rebirth and I would genuinely pay a bit more for a physical complete x universe boxed set.Obviously this is subject to the offered bundle not being overpriced by a greedy company.C'mon Egosoft you are losing an opportunity here.Run a poll or offer to take preliminary preorders for an x 4 or x universe boxed set and see if it would be viable for yourselves or someone else to offer.I only buy a game if I can own a physical copy as even though I have a reasonably good internet speed I cannot always guarentee a connection so if things go wrong it is nice to know I can reinstall without worrying if I have an internet connection.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 19:12

Maddog Slayer wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 16:58
...so if things go wrong it is nice to know I can reinstall without worrying if I have an internet connection.
Thing is you cannot install without an internet connection since it'll still be a steam game. Further more you would likely miss crucial updates needed to actually play the game.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 21:48

Depends. There are DRM-free games on Steam (and on GOG all games are DRM-free) where you can download and install the game once, then backup the game directory somewhere, then reformat your drive, cut your Internet and you could copy that game backup and still play on a fresh Windows install. Matter of fact X3AP worked like this if you got a hold of the no-Steam executable to replace the original game executable to not require Steam when it starts.

True you'd miss up on game updates but some people prefer to be able to control their update frequency (especially these days where games seem to re-download more than 10GB worth of data for every minor update). Updates often introduce their own set of issues too (especially with existing savegames).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 00:51

nemesis1982 wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 19:12
Maddog Slayer wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 16:58
...so if things go wrong it is nice to know I can reinstall without worrying if I have an internet connection.
Thing is you cannot install without an internet connection since it'll still be a steam game. Further more you would likely miss crucial updates needed to actually play the game.
Steam has a offline backup game feature btw incase you didnt know for such purposes as offline reinstalls.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 02:29

i've combed through some of the pages of replies here and have not seen it asked (or i missed it) so I'll ask it myself is there going to be a No steam.exe for X4 like X3:AP had?
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 03:30

Trooper1994 wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 02:29
i've combed through some of the pages of replies here and have not seen it asked (or i missed it) so I'll ask it myself is there going to be a No steam.exe for X4 like X3:AP had?
This has been answered by the devs several times. Historically, the no Steam .exe has come out about a year after release, and there's no reason to suspect that X4 will break this pattern. But they can't make positive statements about anything that far in advance.

Trooper1994
x4

Post by Trooper1994 » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 03:32

ishmaeltheforsaken wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 03:30
Trooper1994 wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 02:29
This has been answered by the devs several times. Historically, the no Steam .exe has come out about a year after release, and there's no reason to suspect that X4 will break this pattern. But they can't make positive statements about anything that far in advance.
Ok thank you.
("why can't I make risk-free credits while I slay the universe in my Black Death Ship of Pokemon that lobs auto-generating Fragmentation Bomb Launching Jesus Missiles at everything within 6,000 KM?" -Litcube 10/17/14)

[ external image ]

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 10:00

Skeeter wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 00:51
Steam has a offline backup game feature btw incase you didnt know for such purposes as offline reinstalls.
True. A physical edition however does not change this process. Also you would not be able to keep your backup on the physical edition. So still do not see any benefit except for the initial download of the base game which would be on the game disk. Activation is still required. After which one could make a backup.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 10:07

Can we not have this thread descend into a discussion of how to install games from Steam, please?

lplates
x4

Post by lplates » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:09

How is the team at Egosoft doing with just over 1 month to go until release ?

I expect you are all chilled out and relaxed, ready to go right? :P

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:26

Of course. Because that's always how it goes when a small studio is developing a big project.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Maxila
x4

Post by Maxila » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 19:31

I was a huge X:3 fan and didn't care for Rebirth because it moved too far from the X:3 roots that I loved. I am eagerly hoping that X:4 gets back to X Universe foundations like the name implies?

One thing I'd like to add, what has kept me loyal is the long term commitment and support Egosoft has made to it's games long after release. Fewer and fewer developers are doing that. I will buy this game regardless of the initial reviews because of Egosofts dedication to its fans and games.

Rockthorne
x4

Post by Rockthorne » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 23:02

will "MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GT OCV1, 6GB GDDR5" be good enough?

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 11:36

A5PECT wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 16:26
Of course. Because that's always how it goes when a small studio is developing a big project.
That's how Hello Games was up to the launch of No Man's Sky.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Juggernaut93
x4

Post by Juggernaut93 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:26

Rockthorne wrote:
Fri, 19. Oct 18, 23:02
Yes, it satisfies the minimum requirements.

Rockthorne
x4

Post by Rockthorne » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 19:17

Juggernaut93 wrote:
Sat, 20. Oct 18, 16:26
Rockthorne wrote:
Fri, 19. Oct 18, 23:02
Yes, it satisfies the minimum requirements.
Thanks! I bought me a new PC because my old one wouldn`t make it, got it this morning. By reading here the Forum i where afraid it wouldn`t be good enough. Crazy, spendet over 1000 Euro just to Play one game :roll:
Now waiting 41 more Days will be hell, waiting allready so Long for it....

wolf359
x4

Thank you EGOSOFT

Post by wolf359 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 21:28

From what I have seeing so far X4 is back to the X series of old.

Myself and my brother were let down after the last effort, OK perhaps we did not give it the time it deserved but thank you for listening to the loyal fans old and new by bringing in some of the things we asked for.
Not many game companies bother to do this, so thanks.
Here is to the 30th November and a problem free release

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 15:33

I'm so happy to see the X4 will be available on in couple of weeks from now. This game always force me to spend money and time. May be its time to upgrade again? I built my i7 4770k + R9 290 just for the previous game.. which i din't enjoy and only play for couple of hours... This time, I'll make sure wait for it to lunch first before spending money on GPU. The X4 CE is consider cheaper in my country. Only MYR 135? normal ED is 89? Thank you.

Sammiclock
x4

Post by Sammiclock » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 17:32

Hey there,

today morning I was a bit bored so i thought i could do a Rewind of all the X Games, just for you guys! :)
I dont care about likes and stuff (i mean i got like 10 subcribers, dont mind), I just want to give all the 'old Veterans' to give them tons of these golden memories back again.

Enjoy and have fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IVys0QHW8

PS: thats the first time i did a video like this so please dont be too mean :D
(i didnt get it to put this video in this post - so you got the link to it)
Alle X-Teile gesuchtet :D
Mein erstes Trailer-Fanmade aller X-Teile zum erinnern für die Community -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5IVys0QHW8 :)

Miniding
x4

Post by Miniding » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 18:21

Very nice reminder!!! Thanks a lot!!!
Miniding
X3 Reunion - X3 Terran Conflict - X3 Albion Prelude - X Rebirth - X4 CE...

Return to “X4: Foundations”