X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4: FOUNDATIONS - Release date, prices and more

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 10:48

Actually no, you are not a day later, your count is just different, as you started ahead already pretty much everyday. You get it at the same point in history as anyone else. :-P

MFG

Ketraar

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:15

See Foundations is just outside the top ten on Steam Top Sellers …. Will it get to number 1 .. ?

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:26

birdtable wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:15
See Foundations is just outside the top ten on Steam Top Sellers …. Will it get to number 1 .. ?
Well there's nothing else of note being released this week, so yeah it clearly will rank quite highly! Lots of people bored of Elite:D and fed up waiting for Star Citizen, I would imagine these people will be seeing X4 all over their recommended Steam section and to be honest it is looking very good right now. If I wasn't already a huge fan of the series and didn't know anything about it, I'd probably impulse buy X4 just based on the Steam store page alone

:lol:
Admiral of the Fleet.

dreamer2008
x4

Post by dreamer2008 » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 18:02

Vandragorax wrote:
Wed, 28. Nov 18, 17:26
birdtable wrote:
Well there's nothing else of note being released this week, so yeah it clearly will rank quite highly! Lots of people bored of Elite:D and fed up waiting for Star Citizen, I would imagine these people will be seeing X4 all over their recommended Steam section and to be honest it is looking very good right now. If I wasn't already a huge fan of the series and didn't know anything about it, I'd probably impulse buy X4 just based on the Steam store page alone

What do you mean fed up waiting for SC? Its a free fly this week and I play it everyday. Even now it has an amazing atmosphere, great music, cool places to explore.

Assailer
x4

Post by Assailer » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 21:30

Wish you guys an awesome launch - the direct opposite of X3:RB times! :)

Bolshy
x4

Post by Bolshy » Wed, 28. Nov 18, 21:39

Star Citizen? Ptooey! Big crowd funded budget with precious little to show for it despite the years ticking by....
I've been playing the X games from the beginning. IMO they have always been at the forefront of making space sims fun. Despite some difficulties here and there, Egosoft have never given up on their fans or the X product, or on trying to deliver what the players want. I'll never forget setting up my first gate ambush with 3 capital ships....just watching the combat unfold from long range was worth all the days spent building untidy stations and gathering weapons...

This is going to be EPIC!!!! :mrgreen:

All the best on launch day Egosoft - well done!!

lordpazuzu
x4

Post by lordpazuzu » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 03:20

birdtable wrote:
Its now on 6th place, so it will be 1 very soon!

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 04:08

Aproximate download size for X4? Just to know if it will worth it to leave teamviewer open on my pc to download the game from work.

keno1999
x4

Post by keno1999 » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 04:27

Steam currently says: Unlock in 1 Day and 14 hours. That puts it at roughly 9am PST, on Nov. 30th, for me.

...and it shows in 5th place on the Top Selling list.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 09:35

As we've said in several threads asking this already, we don't have an exact time yet, and you should not take too much noticed of the Steam countdown for an exact time either.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 12:11

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 09:35
As we've said in several threads asking this already, we don't have an exact time yet, and you should not take too much noticed of the Steam countdown for an exact time either.
Just release it today. Avoid all the "when" questions tomorrow.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

SimB
x4

Post by SimB » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:04

vukica wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 12:11
CBJ wrote:
Just release it today. Avoid all the "when" questions tomorrow.
I also would be okay with this! 👍

ravisoul
x4

Post by ravisoul » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:34

CBJ wrote:
but CBJ you can’t just say that and not tell us if its earlier or later than the current timeframe on steam :) :)

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:42

ravisoul wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:34
CBJ wrote:
but CBJ you can’t just say that and not tell us if its earlier or later than the current timeframe on steam :) :)
They can't if even they don't know.
Look up the Stargate SG-1 episode, "Enemy Mine." There is a particular segment (I think around 22 minutes) that is very relevant:

When Daniel Jackson is asking the Unas he is with how long it will take for other Unas to come to negotiate:

"How long with this take?"
*the Unas raises his hand*
"Now."
*the Unas lowers his hand*
"Later."
*Unas goes back to waiting*
"It will take as long as it takes."

(I may have gotten that backwards, but the sentiment is still the same)
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:44

No. 4 on Steam top sellers. Really not much competition. The thing to look out for is whether X4 will get "mostly positive" reviews then have a sale at Christmas.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:46

csaba wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:44
No. 4 on Steam top sellers. Really not much competition. The thing to look out for is whether X4 will get "mostly positive" reviews then have a sale at Christmas.
Or if it will fall victim to review bombing from people still disgruntled over Rebirth, or people who try to run it on their machines that still use WIndows 98...
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:46

csaba wrote:
A sale in 3 weeks time from release? Don't count on it LOL
Admiral of the Fleet.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:51

Vandragorax wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:46
csaba wrote:
I have the CE I'm not counting on it.

It looked like they left everything to the last moment to keep the hype low after XR, but if the game performs well they should capitalize on it during the winter holiday season.

We all want X5 after all. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Vandragorax
x4

Post by Vandragorax » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:54

Capitalising on it would certainly NOT mean putting it on a sale after less than a month of being released.
Admiral of the Fleet.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:57

csaba wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:51
Vandragorax wrote:
Thu, 29. Nov 18, 16:46
csaba wrote:
I have the CE I'm not counting on it.

It looked like they left everything to the last moment to keep the hype low after XR, but if the game performs well they should capitalize on it during the winter holiday season.

We all want X5 after all. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
What. Have. You. DONE?!

Now we're going to see "X5 CONFIRMED! HYPE!" videos on YouTube.

Return to “X4: Foundations”