Sooo I just pre-ordered the collectors edition

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SimB
x4

Re: Sooo I just pre-ordered the collectors edition

Post by SimB » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 12:13

I also preordered now.

I hope the DLCs will bring in some story elements - otherwise I will mod it in myself! :D

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 12:23

neurolancer wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 23:44
I would be willing to pay for the X4 in advance if we could see some actual game-play videos posted showing the basic features actually working.
then watch much older videos to see how "basic" features are working.

If you want an hour long video of someone really playing the game.. would that help you? Watching an hour of X3 will tell you exactly nothing but that is has to be pretty boring game of looong minutes waiting while you travel to the gate, then another loong minutes until another gate.. then landing.. and an hour is gone.

neurolancer
x4

Post by neurolancer » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 01:02

Alci wrote:
Mon, 15. Oct 18, 12:23
neurolancer wrote:
Sat, 13. Oct 18, 23:44
I would be willing to pay for the X4 in advance if we could see some actual game-play videos posted showing the basic features actually working.
then watch much older videos to see how "basic" features are working.

If you want an hour long video of someone really playing the game.. would that help you? Watching an hour of X3 will tell you exactly nothing but that is has to be pretty boring game of looong minutes waiting while you travel to the gate, then another loong minutes until another gate.. then landing.. and an hour is gone.
I am new to the x-games. I do not know how the game is played or how it has changed. I love the space game genre and have loved playing Stellaris, Endless Space and many more. The early game-play videos you talk about do not show the game in its finished state and I want to see that before I buy. They are also from 2017 and the game has probably changed a lot since then. I am not looking for hours of game play or lets plays. I was looking for something that looks like the final product in graphics quality and maybe the devs show how to build a player HQ for 5-10 mins with some interesting commentary and maybe the devs can show a battle or two and how that is handled but apparently that is too much to ask. Also, I would think EGOSOFT would like to attract newer players to the games and the only way to do that is to do advertising like all the other game developers. Endless space was developed by a similarly small team but they showed their product to the gamers well in advance of release and I liked being engaged in that process.

For all of those who will say "wait to buy", that is what I will end up doing. That being said, i would like to support a small team like EGOSOFT and pre-order the game and I will not be able to do that and that is disappointing.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 04:56

I'm taking folks advice and waiting to buy until

a) The game is released and looks to be good from "let's play" videos, or
b) the devs or someone else show some actual gameplay and it looks good.

BlackDog
x4

Post by BlackDog » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 05:38

All in due time, my guess is they want to wait a bit longer to begin showing this off in full as the last 2 months before release are more or less for polishing things up.

Even the screenshots from the beginning of the Shot a day thread to now are looking more polished

We've all waited 4-5 years, we can all wait a little bit longer :)

IblisBane
x4

Post by IblisBane » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 08:33

Well...funnily enough, I'm in the middle of a heavily modded replay of X3:AP, and I was on Roguey's site yesterday looking up some ship stats when I saw the announcement that X4 was coming out.

Checked it out on Steam, spent the whole night agonising about it (Damn X:Rebirth), and then pulled the trigger on the CE Pre-Order this morning. :D (Mainly for the paint mod... :D)

Hoping like hell I won't regret it. But I love X3 so much and, y'know, I'm an optimist. :D

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 04:26

Plan to preoder, also bought XR and loved it, although admittedly I didn't put as much time into it as I did X3. Hopefully X4 will be just as fun and enjoyable :)

Phipsz
x4

Post by Phipsz » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 15:07

I will preorder as well. I'm still hoping/waiting for a boxed version though, even though I wouldn't need the cd with steam :roll:

Can't wait to play an X game again, the older titles are just unplayable for me now. X:R is missing captivating late-game for me and X3 has unusable UI and performance compared to X:R. Good thing that X4 is coming!

Kittens David

Post by Kittens David » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 17:35

same here collector taken to take advantage of the free two major race DLC to come later.

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 18:41

Just finished pre-ordering this. Can't wait.

I've been playing Elite:Dangerous for almost two years now, but am looking for something with a little more depth, and I think this game will be it.

So now I have a major release for Elite coming, along with this game at the end of the month. Hopefully, I'll be playing X4 more. :)
Last edited by wrmiller on Thu, 18. Oct 18, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

BlitzDozer
x4

Yesssss i have it but, sssssay me

Post by BlitzDozer » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 08:55

Yes i have the Collectors Edetion :D :D
I hope very much that the start this time is not a disaster, please Bernd please :roll: :wink:

LameFox
x4

Re: Yesssss i have it but, sssssay me

Post by LameFox » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 10:52

I hope... but I don't expect.
***modified***

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 12:45

If we take a look at the previous title launches, we may see that only the "first" games suffer from gamebreaking bugs. The second ones, that were built upon the previous engine OR previous principles, they were alwayd fine at launch.

So, since X4 has the base structure of an almost fully patched up Rebirth, there really shouldn't be a flop. Or at least, I would be surprised.

Fame
x4

Post by Fame » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 11:09

Pre-ordered Rebirth... well it didnt go well in my case.
TC is still holding on my end the crown when it comes to value delivered. Even AP didnt come close it. Only Elite in the 80s fared better when it comes to Space Sims.
Will wait and see this time. Sorry ES :oops:
Its a problem if you don´t have any problems.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 11:41

repatomonor wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 12:45
If we take a look at the previous title launches, we may see that only the "first" games suffer from gamebreaking bugs. The second ones, that were built upon the previous engine OR previous principles, they were alwayd fine at launch.

So, since X4 has the base structure of an almost fully patched up Rebirth, there really shouldn't be a flop. Or at least, I would be surprised.
this reminded me of

mycroftcanadans
x4

Please Egosoft do it right this time.

Post by mycroftcanadans » Fri, 26. Oct 18, 03:47

Hi.

I have played your games, and loved every one of them, and when Rebirth was released I jumped on board without even looking, and you really hurt me with that release. I put allot of energy into following a developer, but even more into the games you release, and now because of Rebirth I am going to sit back, and watch when before I would buy in without question because I simply trusted you.

Please Egosoft, please do this right. Instead of me getting in on the first day, I now have to wait, and see how it goes.

I know your releases have bugs, I get it, and 99 percent of the time you fix the issues, and the modding community is fantastic.

Anyway, I have the game in my wishlist for steam to help support you, but now I'll have to wait to see what happens.
"I would rather have someone hate me for speaking the truth than like me for telling them a lie."
Michael FJ Slaunwhite

miraculix250
x4

Post by miraculix250 » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 00:14

Well, Egosoft got me once more. Even after Rebirth and the disappointment that came with it. Absolutely not my game.

Since X4 is advertised, as the title states, as x3's successor i'm optimistic that it will turn out to be a good game. I'm somehow prepared to find an unfinished game that will need quite a few patches... but as long as it is good at its heart i can go with this. With good community feedback and enough time (aka. patches, addons, mods) it will be a good game at some point in the future. :D

So... i preordered the collectors edition ofc. :mrgreen:

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 02:39

I pre-ordered with zero reservations. I even splurged on the CE. Nov. 30 neatly coincides with a mysterious lower back problem that I'm going to be suffering from for a few weeks away from work.
Ayn Rand was correct.

ajime
x4

Post by ajime » Sun, 28. Oct 18, 06:49

My first preorder. My 2k+ hours of TC+AP+rebirth is totally worth the the game and its upcoming dlc.

neurolancer
x4

Post by neurolancer » Sat, 3. Nov 18, 19:13

So, I was not sure about the game at first and was not sure about preordering especially after the rebirth fiasco, but when the egosoft 30 year stream came out, I was excited and I preordered the CE.

Since then not a peep from the developers. Even the beta testers have been asked to keep their mouth shut. Unlike many people on this forum, I can only afford to buy one game a quarter or so. Right now given all the secrecy, I just don’t feel good about the game anymore and I cancelled my preorder.

I wish the developers at least discussed their product or something. Hi he daily screenshots are about the only thing I saw and they were not enough for me. I guess I will be buying this game later when it inevitably goes on sale.

Return to “X4: Foundations”