Will we have the jumpdrive in X4?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LameFox
x4

Will we have the jumpdrive in X4?

Post by LameFox » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 17:34

That is a really big complaint over the loss of something that will almost certainly be modded back in anyway for those who can't live without it.
***modified***

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: Will we have the jumpdrive in X4?

Post by StoneLegionYT » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 17:48

LameFox wrote:
Fri, 19. Oct 18, 17:34
That is a really big complaint over the loss of something that will almost certainly be modded back in anyway for those who can't live without it.
There is a mental component to this for some people. Some people refuse to mod their game even if it's the most easy thing on earth. They feel entitled to their feature and will whine and cry even if it's modded in and will for sure be modded in for those who want it.

I'm happy myself it's not being modded in biggest reason is they can fix up path finding better, etc. They would of tested it more without ships blinking around the map. This is good news. When someone mods it in now it will be easier for them to add jumping then it would be to remove jumping and smoothen out AI issues witch never has happen in Rebirth (The Fixing AI Issues)

diggzakk
xr

No Jumpdrive? Thats very sad

Post by diggzakk » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 10:53

Hi Egosoft, i found a video about sector design and station building, and there you said that there is no jumpdrive.

If so, then the whole segment of trading missions had changed? I mean back in X2 i did lot of trade missions like, deliver 5000 energy cells in 2 hours stuff like that, and a jumpdrive was very handy for that, in X3/TC/AP there was also missions like this but in a bad scale because always they wanted so huge amounts which was almost always impossible to make without a jumpdrive in a single fly, so i only accepted "trade" missions like "pick up medicals and deliver at to that station in 20 minutes" which was done in one flight but still you absolutely need a jumpdrive for that

now, when there is no jumpdrive no more, i assume that part of gameplay is totally gone OR changed in favour of actually possible to achieve?

could we have a bit more informations about that? as trade is still a huge concept of X and X4 is also advertised to have that part, but cutting out the way it was presented in such a scale makes me a bit concerned without a bit deeper informations

Return to “X4: Foundations”