Can we see actual gameplay?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Re: Can we see actual gameplay?

Post by eMYNOCK » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 16:37

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 17. Oct 18, 18:31
Why do people want to argue (all over and over again) about X Rebirth in X4 threads? It totally mystifies me! :lol:

Let's just accept that individuals may have their own compelling reasons for wishing to see in advance real and current X4 gameplay footage (or not) and so move on with the topic please.

Alan.. that urge is quiet simple.

They want to hold on their bad memories and want them to replaced with something spectacular later in November.

I certainly can't participate in that discussion... my +4k Hours do speak for them self.

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 20:12

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 16:23
Not really core gameplay features like trading, building, mining, accepting and performing missions, etc.
trading, building was shown quite well already. Showing that again would be redundant. This little one had sound effects :)

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 20:28

I want to know how the game has changed since the Alpha footage we've seen. How the game looks, How the game plays, What features the game has, What improvements have been made based on your feedback.
Just... another... bug.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 22:50

Falcrack wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 16:23
Yeah, I recall seeing that when it came out, but it did not make much of an impression on my then, because mostly it was just Bernd flying around a station, shooting it a bit, and showing off how you can see the pilot from an external view of the ship. Not really core gameplay features like trading, building, mining, accepting and performing missions, etc.

The only thing I gleaned from that video for me was that the hated (for me at least) info points on station and scanning minigame seemed to still be present, something which I hope to mod out on day 1.
IIRC Egosoft discussed in an earlier video that station scanning is still present but much more limited. The primary goal of station scanning is to obtain blueprints of sections to use on your own stations.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 20. Oct 18, 20:02

Scanning stations might be fun now that it actually have meaning and worthy goal to it. For example in XR if we hack station it will shot it down only for 30min (or something like that)… This was not practical because of short time stations is down vs time it takes to do it (it wont give you any advantages). Scanning stations in X4 will give you permeant blueprints and it will encourage player to explore. Also what I want to see is space suit gameplay and how it will work ? I hope we get repair gun from X3 :D
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 02:53

They're not going to do what you want, end of story. But, let's talk about it a thousand times.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 16:06

BlackRain wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 02:53
They're not going to do what you want, end of story. But, let's talk about it a thousand times.
That's the spirit!
The thread isn't disintegrating into chaos or a flame war, so that's good.

We just want to put voice to our concerns. In this day and age, we want to know our money is going to what we were promised. Although we've been burned by companies other than Egosoft, we just want to make sure it's still the same product we were sold on. Withholding information can be very shady. Remember No Man's Sky? I was so excited for it, I got it on launch day... and found it was so very underwhelming. Remember how they only showed a few snippets of pre-recorded gameplay, and just talked over it? Remember how they gave vague, or even straight up non-answers to questions? Remember how there was a huge gap between when they showed off the game? I'm seeing a lot of that repeating here.

I bought X3TC+AP for $20 based on what I saw from a livestreamer, it looked thoroughly enjoyable and deep. I bought X Rebirth because I figured I might as well give it a try, and I found a copy being sold for $11. See the difference?
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

jasonbarron
x4

Post by jasonbarron » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 17:38

I certainly don't feel entitled to an explicit Let's Play provided by the dev's, but I would dearly love to see more video's detailing any part of the game they're willing to share! In fact, didn't the features video say that there would be more before the release?

For the record, I've already pre-ordered the collectors edition, so I don't need video to make a decision, I'm just really eager for more info.
Ayn Rand was correct.

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Sun, 21. Oct 18, 20:01

jasonbarron wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 17:38
I certainly don't feel entitled to an explicit Let's Play provided by the dev's, but I would dearly love to see more video's detailing any part of the game they're willing to share! In fact, didn't the features video say that there would be more before the release?

For the record, I've already pre-ordered the collectors edition, so I don't need video to make a decision, I'm just really eager for more info.
I too have already pre-ordered the collector's edition. And while anything the devs want to publish prior to release would be welcome, the end of the month is not that far off... :)
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 01:56

I was being sarcastic. Let's not talk about it anymore haha

Alci
x4

Post by Alci » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 02:08

wrmiller wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 20:01
the end of the month is not that far off... :)
wrong month tho :)

BlackDog
x4

Post by BlackDog » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 03:43

My only response to the demand for gameplay before its ready to be shown:
Stand By Me by Ben E King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE

Good things come to those who wait.

ZombiePotatoSalad
x4

Post by ZombiePotatoSalad » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 06:32

BlackDog wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 03:43
My only response to the demand for gameplay before its ready to be shown:
Stand By Me by Ben E King
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE

Good things come to those who wait.
I waited for No Man's Sky.
The Teladi are known for creating a standardized currency, ship insurance, and insurance fraud.

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Mon, 22. Oct 18, 07:03

Alci wrote:
Mon, 22. Oct 18, 02:08
wrmiller wrote:
Sun, 21. Oct 18, 20:01
the end of the month is not that far off... :)
wrong month tho :)
Yea, that's true. I keep getting this game's release mixed up with that of Elite's beta release at the end of this month.
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

ZaldronTheSage
x4

Post by ZaldronTheSage » Tue, 6. Nov 18, 03:31

While I did purchase the ce for x4, I think as time gets closer you should put out another video, one perchance that does not say its beta but more of a finished product, to instill faith in those who were burned by the prior game.
"Since, in the long run, every planetary civilization will be endangered by impacts from space, every surviving civilization is obliged to become spacefaring--not because of exploratory or romantic zeal, but for the most practical reason imaginable: staying alive... If our long-term survival is at stake, we have a basic responsibility to our species to venture to other worlds."
Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 08:13

I was really hoping Egosoft would learn from the Rebirth fiasco. But it does not seem to be the case. A player posts a relevant request which many others shares and what he gets instead? He is immediately attacked by Egofanboys and even moderators.
Strange behavior from a company that should do anything possible to get players trust back. Not to mention that every time a company refuses to show any actual gameplay videos it has something to hide (e.g. ME Andromeda). It is a simple fact that has been proven time and again. It is also a fact that gameplay videos prior relase are becoming a standard. I could see gameplay from AC Odyssey a month before relase. And as I liked what I saw, I did not have a problem to order the game.
The most strange thing is that to fullfill this request does not require anything special, just put someone to a PC and let him record an hour of gameplay. From the main menu, through starting a new game, flying around, doing some missions and maybe some small upgrades to ship. Nothing more, nothing less. And if everyone is busy, then ask some tester to do it. Wait, there are testers, right?
But it seems Egosoft would rather face Steam refunds than spend one hour of reocrding. Well, it is their choice. My choice is to keep my wallet closed.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

AleksMain
x3tc

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 10:29

plynak wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 08:13
I was really hoping Egosoft would learn from the Rebirth fiasco. But it does not seem to be the case. A player posts a relevant request which many others shares and what he gets instead? He is immediately attacked by Egofanboys and even moderators.
Strange behavior from a company that should do anything possible to get players trust back. Not to mention that every time a company refuses to show any actual gameplay videos it has something to hide (e.g. ME Andromeda). It is a simple fact that has been proven time and again. It is also a fact that gameplay videos prior relase are becoming a standard. I could see gameplay from AC Odyssey a month before relase. And as I liked what I saw, I did not have a problem to order the game.
The most strange thing is that to fullfill this request does not require anything special, just put someone to a PC and let him record an hour of gameplay. From the main menu, through starting a new game, flying around, doing some missions and maybe some small upgrades to ship. Nothing more, nothing less. And if everyone is busy, then ask some tester to do it. Wait, there are testers, right?
But it seems Egosoft would rather face Steam refunds than spend one hour of reocrding. Well, it is their choice. My choice is to keep my wallet closed.
Please, read some answers from Egosoft and try to understand them:
CBJ wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 01:42
Here we go again. No, we are not being secretive, and especially not "this time around". We have talked about, and shown, far more about this game than we have ever done with any previous game, and we continue to do what we can, when we can. However, as has been explained on several occasions, the reason you're not seeing new information now is that we are a small team, and right now we're in full "crunch mode" doing all the things that have to be done in the last few weeks before release. Repeatedly saying that we ought to be doing X or Y because some other larger company does it isn't going to change that, nor is there a "lesson" that can be learnt that will magically free up resources to create, or even just review and edit, appropriate new material to show people. We would love to be able to do and show more, because we are not as oblivious to the benefits of marketing as some people seem to think, but we simply don't have that luxury.
Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 7. Nov 18, 15:09
... I expect we'll be answering some of these questions closer to release (although we won't want to spoil anything special).
CBJ wrote:
Sun, 4. Nov 18, 21:16
As a potential customer, you are entitled to be as cautious as you like. Nobody, least of all us, has a problem with that. But this thread has gone from reasonable caution to trying to claim that there's an information blackout, which is patently and demonstrably false. Not to mention people making up reasons why there's not as much new information forthcoming at the moment, when the reasons have been clearly stated.

barszcz
x4

Post by barszcz » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 10:39

I really love how people are convinced that they know what Ego should or should not do.

What way of promoting the game should Ego choose is up to them, and I am sure that they are 100% aware of pros and cons. No need to remind them of XR too (for maybe 2763982th time).
The decision to buy the game or not is, however, entirely ours and no one forces us to do it now. I am sure that gameplay videos will be available after release.

Summing up, I would welcome any gameplay video but in no way I am going to demand it from Egosoft.
Also remember that a video about PHQ was promised to us before release, so we should all keep our fingers crossed :)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic - Arthur C. Clarke

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 12:52

barszcz wrote:
Thu, 8. Nov 18, 10:39
Also remember that a video about PHQ was promised to us before release, so we should all keep our fingers crossed :)
If you really want a video outlining the Player HQ, maybe you should record a few shots of your computer desk? I know mine is my player HQ...

Dreez
x4

Post by Dreez » Thu, 8. Nov 18, 13:51

The only thing i'm hoping for is that Egosoft learned from X:R and doesn't make the same mistake twice.
It's getting closer now, only 12? days left for release and eventho i haven't pre-ordered and i don't have any expectations,
i'm really really hoping that Egosoft hits this one out of the park, and Foundations becomes a huge hit with great reviews.

But that remains to be seen. I'm still missing my worty successor of X3:Terran Conflict - best 4X game ever made (sofar ).
Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

Return to “X4: Foundations”