Can we see actual gameplay?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can we see actual gameplay?

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 18:48

@ JSalzbrunn: [OT]Just don't expect it to be up to date. The X Rebirth Wiki is kept far more relevant than that manual.[/OT]

Back to discussing X4 gameplay information etc now please.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fcth
x4

Post by fcth » Tue, 13. Nov 18, 09:02

Alci wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 12:05
The so called "spoilers" are all just things you would put in the manual in the "old days".
Funny, I remember the X:BTF review I read way back in the day criticizing it for having an anemic manual. I think the company line was that not describing anything in the manual further immersed the player in the feeling of being lost in a distant part of space. I suspect it had more to do with the added challenge of producing a manual, especially for a German company publishing a (their first?) English version of the game.

In any event, I would definitely like to see more about how the mechanics work, but seems like we'll just have to dive in head first or wait for someone to stream the game.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 21:41

Have they released any footage of the UI when commanding or viewing fleets of ships?

Sao t'Lp
x4

Post by Sao t'Lp » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 22:09

Yes they have. I can't find it right now but in the video they've launched fighters from a carrier and commanded them to attack a target - everything was done on the map. Relevant FAQ entries:
FAQ wrote:Will we be able to select units by drawing a frame in the map overview?
Yes.
Will we get context based single click commands?
Example: right-clicking on an enemy orders all selected ships to attack it, without opening the little context menu./ giving move orders when clicking in empty space / giving follow order on friendlies / etc.

I doubt it, as there are few cases in which there is only one logical action.
Will we be able to queue commands easily?
Example: holding shift and giving move commands adds them into a command queue. This queue will be worked through in the order that they were given.

Yes
You want Split? :split:

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 14. Nov 18, 22:47

OneOfMany wrote:
Wed, 14. Nov 18, 21:41
Have they released any footage of the UI when commanding or viewing fleets of ships?
a very quick look yes, its in one of the streams they did.... a huge improvement over X3 & XR on the surface*

*other factors aren't clear yet like formations, AI behaviour, having worthy adversaries, 3D movement etc until we play it hard to tell whats what

Return to “X4: Foundations”