Releasing on GOG?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StoneLegionYT
x4

Re: Releasing on GOG?

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 4. Oct 18, 02:05

Either way I don't think you guys will see GOG at release sorry. Times have not quite changed here yet but they are getting better. At least we don't get modified on our saves :P

kszalocz

Post by kszalocz » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 21:40

I'm sad, but I will wait for the GoG release. I own X3 there and I want X4 there too.

Sahvion
x3tc

Post by Sahvion » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 04:24

Kane Hart wrote:
Wed, 3. Oct 18, 18:09
GOG is awesome and very supportive and I doubt eats as much profit as steam does.
Actually, the general consensus is that both Gog and Steam take 30% of the profit from the sold game while the remainder goes toward the developers. Both companies tend to keep their reigns on this information (which is not surprising, since they don't want their competitors to know otherwise they could get undercut), humblebundle is the only one that is actually open in the amount they take, which is only 5%.

However, I would be against Gog getting a release, largely because of how their CEO has acted and ridiculed those who use Steam (I won't repeat what he said, but it wasn't very good and has caused Gog to lose sales and harmed their rep) and thus I won't support any companies whose CEO is going to outright attack their customers (as I used to buy from them) or potential, future, customers.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 17. Oct 18, 10:08

The OP's question was answered by CBJ and we are getting way off any X4 topic here - so … <click>
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

XenonSurf
x2

Please make X4 available to buy on GOG

Post by XenonSurf » Mon, 5. Nov 18, 21:58

Dear Egosoft Team,
congratulation for your long work on X4 Foundation. Being an old fan of your series, I will surely play your new title but I would be very pleased to buy it on GOG which guarantees high quality handling for games and player support.

I will not consider to buy any high-moddable games (like yours) on Steam because of possible interface interferences that make them prone to crashes or malfunctions wheras the game would otherwise run fine. This is however NOT a downgrade in any way for Steam, so please don't mis-read this.

Thanks very much :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”