Some more information about modding?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ringkeeper
xr

Some more information about modding?

Post by Ringkeeper » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 08:29

Hi,

i'm still undecided if i should buy (or even preoder) X4 after i got burned by Rebirth.
One of the open questions is, how easy will it be to use mods. In X3 it was painful.

Everytime i started a game and used mods and stopped playing for 1-2+ month (due to RL stuff) i had no clue what kind of mods i used, specially with the use of fake patches. So trying to figure out if there was an update to a mod was not easy.

Will be there this time a mod folder where you just throw in the mods and activate them? So mods can also be uploaded to mod pages like Steamworkshop or even better Nexus & others? Searching for old mods on google, uploaded or wherever they where put (and got now deleted) is time consuming.

I*m kinda sure, that if there is a nicer mod support some clever guy/girl will build a auto updater if not already included in the game.

Most of the games i play i only play more then once because of mods. Factorio, KSP, good old Skyrim (which is also kinda horrible) just to name some....
AMD Ryzen 7 1700
32GB RAM
GTX 1070

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Some more information about modding?

Post by CBJ » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 09:17

It's reasonable to expect mod support in X4 to be very similar to that in later versions of XR. In other words, built-in support for Steam Workshop.

Return to “X4: Foundations”