Modding community

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiby
x4

Modding community

Post by fiby » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:19

Has any of the community mods from X3 / X-Rebirth inspired or made it into X4?

With a long serving community regularly pumping out material it would be interesting to understand if the Dev's have adopted any of this into the final game.

atavistuk
x4

Re: Modding community

Post by atavistuk » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:24

The games not out for another month and a half! I think it's a little too early to ask that question!

fiby
x4

Post by fiby » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:31

atavistuk wrote:
Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:24
The games not out for another month and a half! I think it's a little too early to ask that question!
Really? I just wanted to understand if the Dev's have been inspired by past mods.scripts created from different X games and implemented these...wasn't really a leading question suggesting what mods could be made for X4 prior to launch without playing the game :gruebel:

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:47

atavistuk wrote:
Mon, 15. Oct 18, 22:24
Yeah that is a bit odd on your statement.

atavistuk
x4

Post by atavistuk » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 23:20

The way I read the question, it sounded to me as if the Op was asking if any of the community had started modding for X4 yet!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 15. Oct 18, 23:48

These bits of the OP are quite clear to me: "Has any of the community mods from X3 / X-Rebirth inspired or made it into X4? .. if the Dev's have adopted any of this into the final game."

The OP is asking if X3/XR mods have inspired Egosoft to incorporate any previously mod-inspired gameplay into vanilla X4. I suspect that the OP has some favourite mods of theirs in mind. Whilst it may be quite early and possibly unlikely to get a dev response here just now, it is not at all an inappropriate question to ask and discuss.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ishmaeltheforsaken
x4

Post by ishmaeltheforsaken » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 01:32

I think the "Capital Ship Bridge" mod made it in ;)

Seon
x4

Post by Seon » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 01:38

In the past, sector control has been mentioned and I feel like this might be inspired by mods that do the same thing in both X3AP and XR. It seems to be a big thing that modders like to do, so perhaps the inspiration came from there.

I know it's not out of the question for them to add in systems officially. I believe Trade Command Software Mk3, which has become an important part of X3 I feel, started out as a mod in X2 as well as the ability to exchange freight between your own ships. I'm sure there's a few more examples that I can't remember off the top of my head.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep quiet on this aspect for now, though, and watch is speculate instead :D.

Drakuel
x4

Post by Drakuel » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 15:22

I am pretty positive there are ideas that devs have had as well, but modderss have done, that inspired them to put the work in to do it as well in this new version.

I do recall one interview where CBJ discussed this a little on a question to them, the response was more on the lines, yes we have had the same ideas like cockpits, but we wanted it to be more when implemented by them, versus what the modders implemented.. hence walking around the cockpit..

But that is a example of your question and response from dev on it. Hope it helps.

Return to “X4: Foundations”