In battle

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Doogerie1

In battle

Post by Doogerie1 » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 12:16

So if I have may capital ship/destroyer in battle can I jump from the captain/pilot seat to a turret or gunner position? Can I run and jump into my fighter and take of to join the fighter wings? can I prioritize targets for my fighter wings like in an RTS from my captain's chair?

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: In battle

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 12:26

Doogerie1 wrote:
Tue, 16. Oct 18, 12:16
So if I have may capital ship/destroyer in battle can I jump from the captain/pilot seat to a turret or gunner position? Can I run and jump into my fighter and take of to join the fighter wings? can I prioritize targets for my fighter wings like in an RTS from my captain's chair?
Afaik turrets cannot be operated by the player. But everything else is you said is possible.

Alci
x4

Re: In battle

Post by Alci » Tue, 16. Oct 18, 12:49

They've said "not yet" to the turret stations.

You can use a fighter yourself and fly to the battle (either take off manually or teleport to any already out). It allows structured fleets so my hopes are I can jump in one fighter and other 4 will take off with me following me (latest videos from a year ago the commanding/relaying order part looked bugged so it's in "hope" category)

You can command any and all ships on map no matter where you are (but capitals don't have captain's chair :) ). You can command any ship to attack specific target. I haven't seen any interface or support for target priorities and/or list of targets if that's what you ask.

Return to “X4: Foundations”