System Requirements for X4

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

smitj
x3

System Requirements for X4

Post by smitj » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 12:03

Being a dinosaur and a technophobe I don't understand all the techspeak regarding the SRs for X4. Can anyone simplify it for me. ie: if my computer runs rebirth without any problems, will it run X4?

AleksMain
x3tc

Re: System Requirements for X4

Post by AleksMain » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 12:56

smitj wrote:
Thu, 18. Oct 18, 12:03
Being a dinosaur and a technophobe I don't understand all the techspeak regarding the SRs for X4. Can anyone simplify it for me. ie: if my computer runs rebirth without any problems, will it run X4?
You can see data about requirements for X4 there: https://store.steampowered.com/app/3921 ... undations/

According to the specs, PC gamers will at least need an Intel i5-4590 with 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 780/970. Egosoft recommends an Intel Core i7-6700K with 16GB of RAM and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 or AMD equivalent. It’s also worth noting that the game will support the Vulkan API, and that it require 12GB of free hard-disk space.

Really main requirement is support of Vulkan API by video card
see Vulkan Driver Support by nvidia cards with list of all supported nvidia cards (same must be fulfilled by AMD equivalent cards).

I myself have computer, which can run Rebirth and other games, but can't run X4.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: System Requirements for X4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 18. Oct 18, 15:10

Please use the existing System Requirements thread. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”