Game Registration code?? where is this located from Steam

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lordmuck
x4

Game Registration code?? where is this located from Steam

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 18:38

So I was entering my details in the online mode stuff.. and then register the game..
I came upon

"Game Registration Code:
Enter your Registration Code here to get access to special community and download pages"

Where is the code located ?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Game Registration code?? where is this located from Steam

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 18:52

For the Steam version, you do this by linking your forum account via Steam Link. Click on your name at the top right corner of the forum, choose User Control Panel from the list that drops down, go to the fourth tab called "Egosoft Settings", then the second sub-tab called "Game Registration". The Steam link option is there.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 19:01

The steam link seems broken. It has a broken Icon also.. I clicked update via steam

"Game Registration Code #1:
Thank you for registering your game" I have a tick on a bronze like CD and then the steam icon is a broken link

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 20:29

I'm fairly sure the broken icon you say is just a side effect of the strain the forum is under at the moment, but I'll get the relevant person to take a look.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 21:16

Awesome stuff and thanks for your speedy responses :)
Last question, how do I get to use the bonus stuff from the collectors edition?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:16

Log in using the Online Features entry on the starting menu and start your game. You'll get some items in your inventory, which you can use by going to the little terminal in front of your docked ship and selecting the relevant paint mod. Note that you only have a limited number in any given savegame so use them wisely.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:33

What benefits will I have as a GoG user for registering my game on these forums?

Will it speed up the page loading?

Akselmo
x4

Post by Akselmo » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:46

Where is the GOG registration key?

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:49

OneOfMany wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:33
What benefits will I have as a GoG user for registering my game on these forums?

Will it speed up the page loading?
Page loading is slow due to the massive increase in traffic with the release of X4 today

dylanmc
x4

Post by dylanmc » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:53

Akselmo wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:46
Where is the GOG registration key?
+1

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:16

In your GOG account library, select your version of X4 and then click "More" and "Serial keys". Once you have your key, come back here and click on Game Registration in the top left corner of the forum page. Enter your key and a little X4 GOG Icon should appear.

Baby_Cakes
x4

Cant Register

Post by Baby_Cakes » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 02:50

I bought it on GOG, I dont have the special Edition. Cant find my code anywhere. I clicked the 'more' tab under library.

dylanmc
x4

Post by dylanmc » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 21:13

CBJ wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 01:16
In your GOG account library, select your version of X4 and then click "More" and "Serial keys". Once you have your key, come back here and click on Game Registration in the top left corner of the forum page. Enter your key and a little X4 GOG Icon should appear.
The "More" menu on my GoG doesn't have "Serial Keys". It does have Overview, Setup, Backups & Goodies, Manage Installation, etc., but no Serial Keys.

florianlt
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by florianlt » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 21:48

You have to go to your GOG library on their website. For some reason it does not show in the GOG Galaxy client.

Admiral A-F
x4

Re: Cant Register

Post by Admiral A-F » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 23:16

I have the same issue. I also made a bug report on GOG. you should also do that.

dylanmc
x4

Post by dylanmc » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 17:19

florianlt wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 21:48
You have to go to your GOG library on their website. For some reason it does not show in the GOG Galaxy client.
Thanks - that did the trick!

WDDGX
x4

Post by WDDGX » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 18:39

CBJ EGOSOFT
EGOSOFTPosts: 36377Joined: Tue, 29. Apr 03, 00:56

Quote

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:16

Log in using the Online Features entry on the starting menu and start your game. You'll get some items in your inventory, which you can use by going to the little terminal in front of your docked ship and selecting the relevant paint mod. Note that you only have a limited number in any given savegame so use them wisely.

Hu CBJ, I did exactly what you said but it keeps not login me in? What am I doing wrong? I have log into Steam via windows, also logged in to Egosoft, once I start the game go into the menu, and try and try again, but nothing. Let me know what I am supposed to do, and yes I have linked the game.

gonzalus
x4

Post by gonzalus » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:20

So, here is a newbie question (not new at x games, but never felt compelled to join this forum). I bought the game yesterday from Steam, configured an account at this board but I don't see where to get the Game Registration Code: anywhere at all. I don't and I won't have a GOG account, the Steam link on the Control Pannel does nothing, the game has login. Do not have the painting stuff around. So I'll recap: X4 foundations 1.3, Steam, registered, where is my registration code? Is not that is really important. But, is prommised, so I want it.

Regards!

HomeworldFan
x4

Post by HomeworldFan » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:30

Top of the page, just under the X Universe Forums banner, you have Quick Links, FAQ and Game Registration. Click on Game Registration, link your Steam account, and it'll do the rest. I just had X3 TC on my account then I added my X4 serial key from GoG. I then linked my Steam account and now all my X games are recognized!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:14

WDDGX wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 18:39
Hu CBJ, I did exactly what you said but it keeps not login me in? What am I doing wrong? I have log into Steam via windows, also logged in to Egosoft, once I start the game go into the menu, and try and try again, but nothing. Let me know what I am supposed to do, and yes I have linked the game.
Make sure you are using your forum username (not your Steam username, or your email address) when you try to log in. Also make sure that your firewall is configured not to block the game from accessing the internet.

Return to “X4: Foundations”