Game Registration code?? where is this located from Steam

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dylanmc
x4

Re: Game Registration code?? where is this located from Steam

Post by dylanmc » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 17:19

florianlt wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 21:48
You have to go to your GOG library on their website. For some reason it does not show in the GOG Galaxy client.
Thanks - that did the trick!

WDDGX
x4

Post by WDDGX » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 18:39

CBJ EGOSOFT
EGOSOFTPosts: 36377Joined: Tue, 29. Apr 03, 00:56

Quote

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:16

Log in using the Online Features entry on the starting menu and start your game. You'll get some items in your inventory, which you can use by going to the little terminal in front of your docked ship and selecting the relevant paint mod. Note that you only have a limited number in any given savegame so use them wisely.

Hu CBJ, I did exactly what you said but it keeps not login me in? What am I doing wrong? I have log into Steam via windows, also logged in to Egosoft, once I start the game go into the menu, and try and try again, but nothing. Let me know what I am supposed to do, and yes I have linked the game.

gonzalus
x4

Post by gonzalus » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:20

So, here is a newbie question (not new at x games, but never felt compelled to join this forum). I bought the game yesterday from Steam, configured an account at this board but I don't see where to get the Game Registration Code: anywhere at all. I don't and I won't have a GOG account, the Steam link on the Control Pannel does nothing, the game has login. Do not have the painting stuff around. So I'll recap: X4 foundations 1.3, Steam, registered, where is my registration code? Is not that is really important. But, is prommised, so I want it.

Regards!

HomeworldFan
x4

Post by HomeworldFan » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:30

Top of the page, just under the X Universe Forums banner, you have Quick Links, FAQ and Game Registration. Click on Game Registration, link your Steam account, and it'll do the rest. I just had X3 TC on my account then I added my X4 serial key from GoG. I then linked my Steam account and now all my X games are recognized!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 18:14

WDDGX wrote:
Sun, 2. Dec 18, 18:39
Hu CBJ, I did exactly what you said but it keeps not login me in? What am I doing wrong? I have log into Steam via windows, also logged in to Egosoft, once I start the game go into the menu, and try and try again, but nothing. Let me know what I am supposed to do, and yes I have linked the game.
Make sure you are using your forum username (not your Steam username, or your email address) when you try to log in. Also make sure that your firewall is configured not to block the game from accessing the internet.

N3ophyt3
x4

Post by N3ophyt3 » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 21:39

Please, someone tell me how to get the serial from Steam without connecting my account. Thanks and merry christmas. :D

onki_saban
x4

Post by onki_saban » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 18:47

I get the problem, that my steam games don´t register. I clicked on the "Update via Steam" link in my sgosoft account. Then I had to put in some code from Steam, but nothing happens.
I don´t see any games listed in my egosoft account.

In the X 4 Foundations game it says I still need to register my game. What am I doing wrong?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 19:53

@ onki_saban: After pressing 'Update via Steam', did you click on the 'submit' button? As far as I know, once you have an X game installed and recognised by Steam, you shouldn't need to enter any codes or anything after using the Update via Steam facility.

"I don´t see any games listed in my egosoft account." You must already have some X games including X4 registered under your Ego account or you wouldn't have the X4 bronze tick icon to the left of all your posts.

Click on your username (top right on an Egosoft forum page), select User Control Panel (UCP), select Egosoft Settings in the top tabs, select Game Registration in the left column, and there are all your registered X games.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Anon-R
x4

Post by Anon-R » Wed, 25. Sep 19, 22:49

So I had this issue and it took me forever to see how to solve it. Everyone is correct you link your steam account in the forum but the next step is when you go through the online services in the actual game you have a space that is hard to see for username and password. Use your forum login information there and log in through the game. After that you are fully registered and can get the items. It isn't obvious and there are several steps but this should work, it did for me at least.

Farsuf
x4

Post by Farsuf » Thu, 21. May 20, 11:17

:( All the time the topic is changed: Does some one has the answer to the original question? Is it possible to register the Steam version without linking the complete account? I dont want to link my account. But it seems that there is no way to get the product key from within the steam client :(

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. May 20, 11:23

The topic isn't being changed. People were asking about the registration code because that's how older games were registered on this forum. The new method is by linking your Steam account. There isn't another way of doing it for Steam users.

Farsuf
x4

Post by Farsuf » Thu, 21. May 20, 11:25

Ok, no other way. Thx for the quick response.

beko
x4

Post by beko » Tue, 30. Jun 20, 10:36

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 21. May 20, 11:23
The topic isn't being changed. People were asking about the registration code because that's how older games were registered on this forum. The new method is by linking your Steam account. There isn't another way of doing it for Steam users.
Well, wish I'd knew this before :sceptic: Took me by surprise that I can't just retrieve some code from the lib to link it.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 00:35

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:16
Log in using the Online Features entry on the starting menu and start your game. You'll get some items in your inventory, which you can use by going to the little terminal in front of your docked ship and selecting the relevant paint mod. Note that you only have a limited number in any given savegame so use them wisely.
"Log in using the Online Features entry on the starting menu"
In China, this seems impossible to do now. I can use my mobile phone to access the ego website normally and complete the steam association. But on PC cannot log in through the game (VPN link works fine).
Will this situation get better?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 11:32

That's not really under our control.

hxsgame
x4

Post by hxsgame » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 12:03