[QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RTest
x4

Re: [QUICK HELP] Ask a question, get the answer

Post by RTest » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 11:40

Where can i buy the module blueprint without scan or get it for free? my reputation is at +16 with argon.

five21
x4

Post by five21 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 13:02

How do I transfer non storage items from one ship to another - i.e. satellites, torpedoes, probes etc?

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:55

Timbuk2 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 08:41
Probably an obvious one but I can't find the answer by searching/googling.

On the map certain stations have a green line above them, others don't. What does this represent?
I assumed that it was a health bar that didn't show if the station were fully healthy. I do not know that this is true.

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:19

SamuraiProgrammer wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:55
Timbuk2 wrote:

On the map certain stations have a green line above them, others don't. What does this represent?
I assumed that it was a health bar that didn't show if the station were fully healthy. I do not know that this is true.
You may well be correct! Just scanned a station with a green line and its hull is at 99% ...

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:56

I have found asteroids that are marked with golden (legendary) colour with the long range scanner.

On closer inspection, the roids have red glowing textures. What are they?

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:39

What do the lock symbol and target symbols on some signal sources around stations mean? When I try to scan soureces them with the ship or my spacesuit nothing happens.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 05:00

Timbuk2 wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 17:19
SamuraiProgrammer wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 16:55
Timbuk2 wrote:

You may well be correct! Just scanned a station with a green line and its hull is at 99% ...
I am also considering that it may be something that is involved with your current mission but I am unsure. Just sharing information even if it makes me look like I am waffling!

Dragonlord1975
x4

Post by Dragonlord1975 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 07:57

My PHQ has a operation buget of 12.6 Mill. And has 15.4 mill surplus. At what point does it start transfering credit to personal account?

coldfried
x4

Post by coldfried » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:08

Hi, I'm new to this series with X4: Foundations and I just want to ask what I'm doing wrong with secondary weapons. When I try to fire them I just get this machine sound like there's a cork shoved in barrel and then after a few tries there's like this EMP blast. I've only been able to fire off one torpedo successfully, but if I make it primary it works fine. There's not a lot (or any) help in-game so hopefully this is something people here know the answer to. I don't think it's a bug or I would've found something on search about it. :oops:

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:54

I just accepted a "missed my ride" mission, told the passenger to board my Cerberus, then the game autosaved. Problem is the destination is also a Cerberus, thus I cannot dock. I have an Elite docked with the Cerberus that could do the job, but the passenger both refuses to talk when loading the autosave and immediately cuts Comm when accessed from my Cerberus's information menu. Is there any other way to transfer her over?
anstandridge wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 06:37
I'm having a problem with keeping my selected target locked as the game seems to change my target randomly, has anyone else had an issue with this?
You have one of the "controller" assists enabled in your Controls options. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's a setting that's supposed to make it easier to play with the fewer buttons on a gamepad.

Meescha
x4

Post by Meescha » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 00:24

Ive got a question, i remapped the key binding for the mode switching, but when i press those keys they dont do anything, i still have to hit enter and manually select the modes. am i doing something wrong?

Smacksim
x4

Post by Smacksim » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 20:00

mrjingo wrote:
Fri, 7. Dec 18, 18:39
What do the lock symbol and target symbols on some signal sources around stations mean? When I try to scan soureces them with the ship or my spacesuit nothing happens.
Pretty sure the symbols represent the mission type offered by that already-scanned signal.

MrUp
x4

I hear someone talking

Post by MrUp » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 01:10

I hear someone talking; "can anyone hear me, I need help" outside a station. I see a sparkling globe but can't seem to interact with it in, our out of, the spaceship. Repair laser has no effect either. Please advise.
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

TrueSanity
x4

Re: I hear someone talking

Post by TrueSanity » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 01:53

MrUp wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 01:10
I hear someone talking; "can anyone hear me, I need help" outside a station. I see a sparkling globe but can't seem to interact with it in, our out of, the spaceship. Repair laser has no effect either. Please advise.
That's a hidden mission. To access it, switch your ship to scan mode (default: SHIFT-2), and nose all the way up to the sparks. The audio signal should get louder and clearer as you do so, and when you get near enough, your message system will tell you it's decoding, then you'll get a communication screen you can respond to to view the mission.

dupadupa2
x4

Post by dupadupa2 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:28

How can i build dock area? Do i have to buy construction vesel? Its a lot of money :/

Aramike
xr

Post by Aramike » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:30

dupadupa2 wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:28
How can i build dock area? Do i have to buy construction vesel? Its a lot of money :/
You can hire a construction ship from the map for $50k by right clicking on one.

dupadupa2
x4

Post by dupadupa2 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:47

Aramike wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:30
dupadupa2 wrote:
You can hire a construction ship from the map for $50k by right clicking on one.
Hired CV, got all needed materials and nothing happen. Should i start it somehow?

Print screen: https://imgur.com/a/PZaX4Ul

cTrix
x4

Post by cTrix » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 00:39

[Question]

How can I board a ship? I tried it on a freighter but there just was no boarding option in the context menu. I've seen it before, how do I make it appear? I did even scan the freighter beforehand.

dupadupa2 wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:47
Just wait a little it looks good.

SamuraiProgrammer
x4

Post by SamuraiProgrammer » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 01:50

dupadupa2 wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:47
Aramike wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:30
dupadupa2 wrote:
Hired CV, got all needed materials and nothing happen. Should i start it somehow?

Print screen: https://imgur.com/a/PZaX4Ul
Here is my experience:

Hire a construction ship - it may take a while for it to actually get there.
Gather materials and deliver them to 'Build Storage'.
'Build Storage' may not appear until the first time a construction ship actually gets to the site.
After that, things should begin.

Hope this is helpful!

MrUp
x4

two quesions:

Post by MrUp » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 19:05

1. what is bulls-eye sparkler
I'm outside a station and see the familiar sparkler. This one has a blue bulls-eye reticle as if I should target it. There is no one speaking. I have my scan on and drive the ship into it... nothing. Press F and even shoot it and nothing happens. I exit and using scanner, press F and use repair tool with no response. Please explain what is the purpose of this and how I can interact.

2. How do i collect salvage from the wreck
Long range scan showed blue pulsating circle. I flew there to find a shipwreck. Within it is a container (I needed to get there via spacesuit) How can I get this salvage into my inventory (ship?)
“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ― douglas adams, The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Return to “X4: Foundations”