Argon vs Holy Order - Person carrying Decryption Module - Improvement coming in a build after 2.60.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lplates
x4

Re: Argon vs Holy Order - Person carrying Decryption Module

Post by lplates » Thu, 27. Dec 18, 12:59

I gave up on this one after scanning a large number or ships for hours.

I cancelled the GOP vs Hop mission and haven’t seen this guild mission again in 17days of elapsed game time.

bigbaddworf
x4

Post by bigbaddworf » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 21:25

wait for a civilian ship in red right click on it and press scan that dith the job for me

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 1. Feb 19, 11:11

Dirk-Jan wrote:
Wed, 26. Dec 18, 19:54
I think in general the game isn't up to par yet to a level that the missions are do-able. I'm in a resource scanning mission that cannot be completed because the resource is not present in the required level in the appointed sector.
As there are still an awfull lot of bugs in the game (one might say that it is released in beta version) we can only wait untill the devs solve the bugs.
Resources should be there in the required amounts, because the mission ask for "the maximum amount of a certain resource in a sector" and depending on the difficulty take a certain percentage of that as a goal to look for.
If it's on "hard" difficulty, it might be (really!) difficult to find though, but it _should_ be there. If you have a situation where you are 100% sure it doesn't work, send me a mail to crash@egosoft with topic "find resource - for Roger" with a link to this post + a link to a savegame (dropbox/google-drive/...) then I'll give it a try and post a screenshot where you can find it :)

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 23:19

rboerdijk wrote:
Fri, 1. Feb 19, 11:11
Dirk-Jan wrote:
I think in general the game isn't up to par yet to a level that the missions are do-able. I'm in a resource scanning mission that cannot be completed because the resource is not present in the required level in the appointed sector.
As there are still an awfull lot of bugs in the game (one might say that it is released in beta version) we can only wait untill the devs solve the bugs.
Resources should be there in the required amounts, because the mission ask for "the maximum amount of a certain resource in a sector" and depending on the difficulty take a certain percentage of that as a goal to look for.
If it's on "hard" difficulty, it might be (really!) difficult to find though, but it _should_ be there. If you have a situation where you are 100% sure it doesn't work, send me a mail to crash@egosoft with topic "find resource - for Roger" with a link to this post + a link to a savegame (dropbox/google-drive/...) then I'll give it a try and post a screenshot where you can find it :)
Wait so you'll clarify and offer assistance for the resource missions but not scanning for contraband? Is that confirmation that you know it's broken? All we want is to know we're not all crazy or incompetent...

Red-Spot
x3ap

Post by Red-Spot » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 00:28

RPINerd wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 23:19
rboerdijk wrote:
Dirk-Jan wrote:
Wait so you'll clarify and offer assistance for the resource missions but not scanning for contraband? Is that confirmation that you know it's broken? All we want is to know we're not all crazy or incompetent...
Read more carefully, that is not what is being offered and no confirmations are given. You read between the lines and then make the filling for it yourself atm ;)
'Ignoramus et ignorabimus'

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by rboerdijk » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 11:08

RPINerd wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 23:19
rboerdijk wrote:
Dirk-Jan wrote:
What I said - about the resource-scanning mission - is:
1. I think it's not broken because so far I always found the location ( admitted, it might be really difficult to find that spot ).
2. If you find a situation where you are really sure it is broken, then I'd like a savegame...
-> That will either prove you are wrong, or alternatively it'll prove I'm wrong ( in which case I have a repro-case and will investigate ).

For person with item mission, I'll make a note to look into that.
If someone has a savegame for quick repro, that would be appreciated ( send to crash@egosoft.com, topic "person carrying decryption module - for Roger" with a link to this post + savegame on dropbox/google-drive/... )

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 21:46

1. I think it's not broken because so far I always found the location ( admitted, it might be really difficult to find that spot ).
2. If you find a situation where you are really sure it is broken, then I'd like a savegame...
-> That will either prove you are wrong, or alternatively it'll prove I'm wrong ( in which case I have a repro-case and will investigate ).

If someone has a savegame for quick repro, that would be appreciated ( send to crash@egosoft.com, topic "person carrying decryption module - for Roger" with a link to this post + savegame on dropbox/google-drive/... )
Thank you! If I come across a mission like this the next time I play I'll try to get a save to you! :D

Jonnyx
x4

Post by Jonnyx » Sat, 6. Apr 19, 23:59

i had one of these mission active, spent quite a while flying round scanning ships, transports, civilian ships and gone across 3 sectors as the mission doesn't give a location (i went back to the sector where i picked it up from as well) no luck.

Have sent the save game over....

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 04:17

The only time guild missions are worth doing are when they reward an advanced or exceptional mod. There are cheese ways to accomplish some of these. Say you get a mission to scan a ship with spaceweed. Buy a ship, load it with 1 space weed, fly it to sector, sell it while you are IS with the ship to another faction, then scan it.

Jonnyx
x4

Post by Jonnyx » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 11:48

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 19, 04:17
The only time guild missions are worth doing are when they reward an advanced or exceptional mod. There are cheese ways to accomplish some of these. Say you get a mission to scan a ship with spaceweed. Buy a ship, load it with 1 space weed, fly it to sector, sell it while you are IS with the ship to another faction, then scan it.
its a good suggestion, i might give it a try and see if that work.

The mission i was doing was a 3 part one that gives an exceptional mod so worth it for the reward but I'd also disagree that missions are only worth doing then, sometimes is fun just to do the missions whilst waiting for something else to come up. it comes down to the game each of us wants to play and I don't mind spending time doing the guild missions - they're not for everyone and I respect that view too :)

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 11:41

Is there a good answer/way doing this mission in the meanwhile?

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 09:38

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 19, 04:17
How do you sell to another ship?
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 09:41

bigbaddworf wrote:
Tue, 1. Jan 19, 21:25
wait for a civilian ship in red right click on it and press scan that dith the job for me
Will try this one, thanks
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Dirk-Jan
x4

Post by Dirk-Jan » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 09:45

Yep it's frustrating. I have two scan ship with spaceweed missions and one with find person with decryption module active.... for about a week now. I've visited all the spaceweed factories in the game, but no one buys at these stations (at least not while I have these missions).
No ship identifier either...
{playing since X-BTF}

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 17. Apr 19, 18:46

Buy a fighter, load it with one spaceweed, fly fighter to the system you need to scan it, teleport to one of your other ships that you have parked near by, fly to the fighter, open your map, select fighter and sell it to w/e faction, you will see fighter is now apart of that faction, scan fighter, mission complete.

Belphegor2_3
x4

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Sun, 1. Sep 19, 19:40

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 18:46
Buy a fighter, load it with one spaceweed, fly fighter to the system you need to scan it, teleport to one of your other ships that you have parked near by, fly to the fighter, open your map, select fighter and sell it to w/e faction, you will see fighter is now apart of that faction, scan fighter, mission complete.
This may work with space weed, but Decryption Module is an inventory item. I droped one in front of a cargo, it took it, I scanned it and the inventory did not appear in the information page on the ship (and the mission is still active).

Is there any news from Egosoft about it ?
Are we supposed to see the inventory content on scanned ships ?
If not, how are we supposed to do this mission ?

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Mon, 2. Sep 19, 02:03

Belphegor2_3 wrote:
Sun, 1. Sep 19, 19:40
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Wed, 17. Apr 19, 18:46
This may work with space weed, but Decryption Module is an inventory item. I droped one in front of a cargo, it took it, I scanned it and the inventory did not appear in the information page on the ship (and the mission is still active).

Is there any news from Egosoft about it ?
Are we supposed to see the inventory content on scanned ships ?
If not, how are we supposed to do this mission ?
You can't complete that mission. When doing guild missions you will also want to avoid prospecting, pilots wanted, managers wanted, and engineers wanted. I avoid all of them except drop sats, destroy mines, build stations, or buy ships. And even those I will only do if the reward is an exceptional mod part. Missions are getting revamped in 3.0, right now if you want to make a difference in a war effort, you help that faction by destroying the ships and defense platforms of their enemy.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 21. Sep 19, 17:21

I've actually got this from HOP, a mission to find a person carrying a decryption module. I'm supposed to scan ships to find it. Does anyone know if this mission can actually be completed? Do inventory items even show up when you do a scan? I've scanned some pirate ships to try and complete this, but no dice. Has anyone ever managed to complete this?

I don't need the money or items for this mission, I just want to complete as many war missions on behalf of HOP that I can. But I don't want to waste my time on missions that cannot actually be completed.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 11:41

Hey all, we're aware of the issue. For the time being, please follow Karmaticdamage's advice and abort that particular mission. In the next mission-related update (read: not in 2.60), we're adjusting scan missions to not require you to look for inventory items.

sh1pman
x4

Re: Argon vs Holy Order - Person carrying Decryption Module - Improvement coming in a build after 2.60.

Post by sh1pman » Tue, 24. Sep 19, 13:48

Some time ago I got a mission (Arg vs Xen) to find Xenon carrying spaceweed. Is it technically doable? Are there Xenon ships in the universe that carry spaceweed?

Return to “X4: Foundations”