[GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading, FAQ and More...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Noodle (N&T)
x4

[GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading, FAQ and More...

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:03

I have made these guides in hopes of helping anyone that may not understand how to do certain things in X4 Foundations.

I do plan on making more guides but I'm not sure what to do them on just yet. It would also depend on how much I know about any specific part of the game. I'll place any guides i make onto this post when and if i can. So far I have made 3 Guides and 1 FAQ Video.

If at any point i forgot to mention something or got something wrong, I'll create and pin a comment under the relevant video on YouTube with the corrected information etc..
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HOW TO CLAIM AND TAKE OVER A SYSTEM SECTOR - https://youtu.be/hKpC15Cva0M
In this video I give a step-by-step Guide on how you can claim your own sector. Before I made this video it seemed that not many people knew about this cool little thing you can do in the game. So I thought it would be a good idea to get the word out there and show people how it's done at the same time. (It's also the first guide i have ever made)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

STATION BUILDING AND MANAGEMENT - https://youtu.be/iIkOEXScdmA
This shows you how to build and manage a station, as well as how to do all the thing in between. This guide ended up being much more in-depth than i had planned it to be but it's aimed more towards helping newer players than veterans of Egosofts games so it makes sense that it's detailed. Saying that, there could still be some details in there that some of you more experienced players didn't know. There is a chance I missed a few things out and there is always a chance that i was wrong in some areas but i tried my best.

MANUAL TRADING, AUTO TRADING AND MUCH MUCH MORE... - https://youtu.be/PI4Jak2o_UM
In this video i will be explaining exactly how to trade with your own ship yourself, manually order your ships to do trades for you, create and manage all the different types of autotraders you can create, as well as everything in between while explaining why i would do the some of the things i show you and much much more...

17 FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - https://youtu.be/te9tO_TG8dg
In this video i attempt to cover some of the most frequent questions about the things i didn't mention in my X4 Foundations guides and that I have seen floating around the interwebs, as well as giving my answers on the requests I have received for future videos.

MANUAL MINING, AUTO MINING AND CRYSTALS - https://youtu.be/7ENBsd0a10A
In this video i show you how to mine with your own ship yourself, how to manually order your ships to do mining for you, how to create an auto miner and how to find and collect crystals with some crystal hunting.

DEFAULT BEHAVIOURS & AUTOTRADER SET UP IN 1.50 - https://youtu.be/XYgY1nk6Txs
This Guide , Voiced by my mum (Mother Noodle), covers Default Ship Behaviours. It also shows the new and only way to create an AutoTrader in the 1.50 version of X4 Foundations.

I hope these are helpful. :)
Last edited by Noodle (N&T) on Thu, 10. Jan 19, 09:45, edited 23 times in total.
Noodle - Youtube.com/TheRealNoodle - Facebook.com/TheRealNoodle1 - Twitter.com/TheRealNoodle01

Methexonion
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station Etc...

Post by Methexonion » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:10

Without even look at them so far (will do later on), I want to thank you for your effort.

Keep it up mate!

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:23

Methexonion wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:10
Without even look at them so far (will do later on), I want to thank you for your effort.

Keep it up mate!
And thank you back, those sorts of responses spur me on quite a lot and i highly appreciate it :)
Noodle - Youtube.com/TheRealNoodle - Facebook.com/TheRealNoodle1 - Twitter.com/TheRealNoodle01

Karan Vess
x4

Post by Karan Vess » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:56

I've been wondering, what is the point of capturing a sector besides not having to pay for plots anymore?
I understand the "this is my home now" feeling but what's the gameplay purpose?

KextV8
x4

Post by KextV8 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:00

Thanks for taking the time to make these. Do you have any plans to make a text version? I like those better since videos are not searchable and are not friendly to mobile data.

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:10

KextV8 wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:00
Thanks for taking the time to make these. Do you have any plans to make a text version? I like those better since videos are not searchable and are not friendly to mobile data.
I hadn't thought about it really and I'm not entirely sure if I have the time to do that. I'll definitely keep my mind on the matter just in case I can do it at any point.
Last edited by Noodle (N&T) on Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:12

Nice, another good tutorial. I have around 60 hours in game, but:
New things learned: 4

1. No need to travel to place a station, you just have to left-click the system where you want to put your plot in.
2. Water doesn't go into liquid, it goes into container storage (I'm 99% sure).

Great job!

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:50

Kalantris wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 16:12
Nice, another good tutorial. I have around 60 hours in game, but:
New things learned: 4

1. No need to travel to place a station, you just have to left-click the system where you want to put your plot in.
2. Water doesn't go into liquid, it goes into container storage (I'm 99% sure).

Great job!
Thank you! I knew i was bound to get something wrong somewhere in that guide, it's just good that they were minor mistakes :)
I'm just glad that you learned 4 things from it and that I've learned 2 things from you :D

Bellatormonk
x4

Post by Bellatormonk » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:24

So far I have tried to claim 3 Sectors and none have turned to my ownership and I have let the game run for over 12 hrs since laying these Admins down.

1st I had laid down a connector then the Admin Building (so this would break the lay down the Admin building 1st rule, however I have seen posts from others that they simply put an Admin down at any point and it just "took a while" to change ownership. Empty sector no AI bases at all.

2nd I laid down Admin first. Only AI prod bases no Defense. No ownership still.

3rd Admin first, however an SCA Trading post exists. No ownership still.

I wonder if this is because I need to start a new game? This game had been started around 1.2 or so beta branch?

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 19:36

Bellatormonk wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:24
So far I have tried to claim 3 Sectors and none have turned to my ownership and I have let the game run for over 12 hrs since laying these Admins down.

1st I had laid down a connector then the Admin Building (so this would break the lay down the Admin building 1st rule, however I have seen posts from others that they simply put an Admin down at any point and it just "took a while" to change ownership. Empty sector no AI bases at all.

2nd I laid down Admin first. Only AI prod bases no Defense. No ownership still.

3rd Admin first, however an SCA Trading post exists. No ownership still.

I wonder if this is because I need to start a new game? This game had been started around 1.2 or so beta branch?
I'm sorry it's not working for you :(

1. anytime i have ever placed down any other module before the admin building the sector claim did not work for me. I have seen these posts myself too but i have never been able to make the same happen for me.

2. which sectors have you tried when placing down the admin module first? Also do these sectors have a Warf, Shipyard or a Trading Post? I recently read somewhere that these also stop you from being able to claim a sector. Unfortunately i don't remember where i read this.

3. As with answer number 2, i think Trading Posts might stop you from gaining the sector ownership. But i can't be sure because i have not tested this myself.

it could very well be that you need to start a new save. I can't say that it is this for certain as the first time i tried to get a sector for myself was with a 1.30 save and i have deleted all the saves from the past versions of the game.

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 09:22

Karan Vess wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 15:56
I've been wondering, what is the point of capturing a sector besides not having to pay for plots anymore?
I understand the "this is my home now" feeling but what's the gameplay purpose?
I missed your post sorry.
I was asked this on youtube too so i'll just copy and paste what i replied with.

As far as i can tell there isn't really any point other than to make it feel like you are your own faction if you role-play your game a little. or just for the pure fact of being able to say "I own this space". If there is an actual point other than that, i haven't found it, which is a shame.

However, learning that this is possible in the game makes me excited because i now know that Egosoft could do something with this mechanic in the future. Like actually running an empire, claiming taxes from stations and the sales that happen in your sector, making other factions have to pay YOU for a plot to build their stations in your space, being able to police your own sectors etc.. Also this would all be even better when Egosoft add in player shipyards and warfs. there are many possibilities.

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 10:48

I have added in a "Things i got wrong" section to the OP. :)

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 18:13

I've made another guide to help people when it comes to trading, auto trading and quite a few of the other things to consider in between.

I've added a new section to the OP with more info.

Notak

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading Etc...

Post by Notak » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 19:12

Damn i need to test this now, If you have to have a 1.30 save for sector claiming to work thats really gonna suck, i have 8 days and 5 hours played, world resets really should be necessary post release

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Re: [GUIDES] Claiming a Sector, Building and Managing a Station, Trading + Auto Trading Etc...

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 20:40

Notak wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 19:12
Damn i need to test this now, If you have to have a 1.30 save for sector claiming to work thats really gonna suck, i have 8 days and 5 hours played, world resets really should be necessary post release
I don't think it has to be a 1.30 save. But I can't be sure as I only ever tried this after that patch was released.

NoelSt
x4

Post by NoelSt » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 21:47

Very useful :), thx so much!!

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 21:57

NoelSt wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 21:47
Very useful :), thx so much!!
I'm glad you find them useful :)

Notak

Post by Notak » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 00:14

Confirmed: Does NOT have to be a 1.30 save, i have played on a 1.0 save since release and just tried this to confirm and everything works as the OP describes.

Note: was tested in Nopileos' Fortune VI where there is no defence stations

Sidenote: Noodle your vids are awesome and i look forward to seeing you produce more I would like to see some on wing/fleet control but i understand it is currently buggy.

Noodle (N&T)
x4

Post by Noodle (N&T) » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:00

Notak wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 00:14
Sidenote: Noodle your vids are awesome and i look forward to seeing you produce more I would like to see some on wing/fleet control but i understand it is currently buggy.
Thank you Notak, just in case you didn't know, i'll be updating this Post - viewtopic.php?f=146&t=407304 - Whenever i have a new guide.

I haven't touched the wing/fleet control yet but once i do i'll definitely get a guide out on it when i understand it fully and when i can (+when fixed), thanks for the suggestion :)

First we take manhattan
x4

Post by First we take manhattan » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 20:17

Thank you for the guides. However, my problem is that no matter what I do, I can not assign a manager to my own station. I have picked them up from NPC stations, flown them there, only for it to say This person can not work on the station.
I have taken from my own ships, no good, refuses to allow the worker. I have promoted from my own station, however it still says that even though the person is in the workforce, they can not work at the station. Tried it with every level from 0 to 5 stars.Unable to assign a manger leaves a big factory doing nothing.

Any thoughts please?

Return to “X4: Foundations”