Support for rudder pedals

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dark helix

Support for rudder pedals

Post by dark helix » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:06

Has support for rudder pedals been added yet?

Thanks

wrmiller
x4

Re: Support for rudder pedals

Post by wrmiller » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:35

My VKB rudder pedals have worked from the initial release?!
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

dark helix

Post by dark helix » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:46

That's great.. mine aren't even recognised (viewtopic.php?f=180&t=402586).
Do you use a HOTAS too?

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:20

Yes, I have a Warthog HOTAS.

In game, my pedals are seen as my second joystick. My throttle is the third one.
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:21

Yes, it works on rudder pedals but I found it a bit ungainly. Maybe I need to just configure it better.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:29

I wish I could 'tune' my pedals (and my joystick for that matter) like I can in flight sim games.

My rudder pedals are a bit touchy and it is difficult to make small adjustments.

I had to go with a 12% deadzone because I use the little analog hat on the front of my throttle for thrusters. This works OK, but I'd prefer it so I could adjust the deadzone on each analog input separately.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:32

wrmiller wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:29
I wish I could 'tune' my pedals (and my joystick for that matter) like I can in flight sim games.

My rudder pedals are a bit touchy and it is difficult to make small adjustments.

I had to go with a 12% deadzone because I use the little analog hat on the front of my throttle for thrusters. This works OK, but I'd prefer it so I could adjust the deadzone on each analog input separately.
Same. Fine in my flight sims, not so good here. I think the game needs a few more patches before joysticks and rudders wil work well.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:33

Socratatus wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:32
wrmiller wrote:
Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:29

Same. Fine in my flight sims, not so good here. I think the game needs a few more patches before joysticks and rudders wil work well.
Agreed. Here's hoping. :)

knightal
x4

Post by knightal » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 08:31

I have the Thrustmaster TFRPT Rudder Pedals and the Warthog HOTAS. The HOTAS works great but the pedals cause a conflict with the in game map.

I have been trying to get an answer from the Tech section for ome time but have have no replys. I even sent an emai to egosoft support about it about a week ago but to date have had no response.

Both the HOTAS and the Pedals are recognised but as I mentioned the conflict with the mapmakes the map completely unusable. It constantly rotates and zooming in is not possible. I've tried all settings to fix it but have not found any that work. So for the moment I haave disconnected the pedals.

Would like to know if anyone else has this problem and a fix would be nice.

I always tic the "Notify me when a reply is posted" but never get any notifications :cry:

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 09:23

knightal wrote:
Mon, 19. Aug 19, 08:31
I have the Thrustmaster TFRPT Rudder Pedals and the Warthog HOTAS. The HOTAS works great but the pedals cause a conflict with the in game map.
Same for me.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

vrod
x4

Post by vrod » Mon, 19. Aug 19, 14:15

I used UCR (Universal Control Remapper) for X3 (which only supports a single controller.

With UCR, I was able to setup my Thrustmaster HOTAS and MFG Crosswind pedals to work together. This was the best thing that could ever happen (for me) with X3.

Fortunately, X4 works with my Warthog Hotas and MFG pedals without using UCR, but I would use it again, if I had to.

Return to “X4: Foundations”