Mouse buttons.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sincerity
x4

Mouse buttons.

Post by Sincerity » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 18:01

Can you please PLEASE make optionally disable right mouse button pop up menu? Also make please left mouse button can be set up.

ZonedOut
x4

Re: Mouse buttons.

Post by ZonedOut » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:33

Yes, this is really annoying. It can be circumvented to some degree by disabling the HUD. But then you're flying blind as far as hull/shield status.

Sincerity
x4

Post by Sincerity » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 18:19

ZonedOut wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 16:33
Yes, this is really annoying. It can be circumvented to some degree by disabling the HUD. But then you're flying blind as far as hull/shield status.
I think dev really need a serious workaround with controls binding. If console be accessible, we can make some useful mods. As you remember X es have a lots of cool mods and ships. Mostly because easy debugging. Also, about HUD - it needs a lots of working. Mostly with ship commands.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 21:08

That`d be nice, I`d also like to be able to put Crouch to `Ctrl` i`ve had that for every move game i`ve ever played.
Last edited by Socratatus on Tue, 18. Dec 18, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Dwoz
x4

Post by Dwoz » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 01:48

Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 21:08
That`d be nice, I`d also like I`d like to be able to put Crouch to `Ctrl` i`ve had that for every move game i`ve ever played.
yep yep me 2 ! shift and ctrl sprint and crouch .

also un map numbers 1-9 from the weapon config that would make things easier to custom key bind , i had to macro my Trinity to shift+1-9 to get around that .

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 10:42

This being at the bottom of the pile is not so good, as its really irritating, I have no idea how this issue was not spotted as well...?
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:52

Socratatus wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 21:08
That`d be nice, I`d also like to be able to put Crouch to `Ctrl` i`ve had that for every move game i`ve ever played.
Plus the option to add W+Shift for Run, instead of Shift+W

Very annoying that you cannot be walking around using W and then hit Shift to begin running, etc.

Should be able to have a selector on the KeyBind Entry that you can assign "Mouse", Key, or Controller option.
ie. telling the game exactly what you want via a panel of multiple boxes. X + X + X + X, you then select each one after choosing the device. There should also be a reset "this key-bind" rather in addition to Reset ALL to default.

Would make it so much easier, and the reason I'm unwilling to unpack my MFG pedals and Warthog HOTAS, which I'm dying to use so I can feel normal again.

The more options they give us the better, like choice on mouse and map display (ie. don't open default ship list) and anything else

Return to “X4: Foundations”