[FEEDBACK] Explosions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Anubitus
x4

[FEEDBACK] Explosions

Post by Anubitus » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 14:43

Hey

In my opinion, explosions have never been a strong point in the X series. It was improved a lot with X-Rebirth, but even then it was a bit uncerwhelming. In X4, after fighting a capital ship, the explosion is a anticlimactic end to a tense battle… Please dev team, work on this a bit... There are a few games that did it right, like Nexus: the Jupiter Incident, now those where explosions.. :wink:

Here is a link how to let a capital ship explode in a intence climax. The video is from a tech demo of the sadly never released game "Nexus 2". The cap ship explosion is at the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYO8AaZwMM

Also, bring back the surface explosions/fires from X-Rebirth, those where awesome...

Please make this happen, it would make us all very happy...

Thanks
Last edited by Anubitus on Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

lordpazuzu
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Explosions

Post by lordpazuzu » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:01

Yeah I agree! I love to see explosions like in XRebirth, they were amazing.

Tomahawk-NYC
x4

Post by Tomahawk-NYC » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:08

Yes, and randomize the explosions. LIke 5 different kinds, random etc. With some nice sound effects of course :)
John 21:25

Arze
x4

Post by Arze » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 19:00

Anubitus wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 14:43
Hey

In my opinion, explosions have never been a strong point in the X series. It was improved a lot with X-Rebirth, but even then it was a bit uncerwhelming. In X4, after fighting a capital ship, the explosion is a anticlimactic end to a tense battle… Please dev team, work on this a bit... There are a few games that did it right, like Nexus: the Jupiter Incident, now those where explosions.. :wink:

Here is a link how to let a capital ship explode in a intence climax. The video is from a tech demo of the sadly never released game "Nexus 2". The cap ship explosion is at the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vYO8AaZwMM

Also, bring back the surface explosions/fires from X-Rebirth, those where awesome...

Please make this happen, it would make us all very happy...

Thanks
Umm... "Tense"? But I do agree that explosions are way too underwhelming.

Mr_Cossack
x4

Post by Mr_Cossack » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 19:04

Would also like to see this improved, they are quite lackluster right now.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 19:05

Tomahawk-NYC wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 15:08
Yes, and randomize the explosions. LIke 5 different kinds, random etc. With some nice sound effects of course :)
Many of them include randomisation already.

alado
x4

Post by alado » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 19:50

yes plzzzzzzzzz, the explosions are too soft, we need explosions that are explosions, not a pufffffff :D

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:00

The explosions in X:Rebirth are visually top-notch! (more impressive than in this linked tech demo in my opinion)
Spoiler
Show
Hope X4 will get to this level again eventually. :)

Nexuscrawler
x4

Post by Nexuscrawler » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:14

The space battles in X Rebirth looked really good, and the explosions as well.
https://youtu.be/nP_mrdnA-W8?t=574

Would be awesome to get them back.
"Populanten von transparenten Domizilen mit fragiler Außenstruktur sollten mit fester Materie keine transzendenten Bewegungen durchführen."

Bozz11
x4

Post by Bozz11 » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:18

I'm replaying xR right now and yeah the explosions are far better, even ship design in my opinion is far superior, I got that cap ship feeling that I don't have with the behemoth or the colossus..
If only I could get that 3D map in rebirth :mrgreen: I absolutely don't mind the fly only one ship but the map is horrible ^^

bl3ek
x4

Post by bl3ek » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:24

Yeah XRB component fires and explosions are great, surely the devs can port them over?

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:45

Just don`t have the wreckage vanish afterwards. I love good randomise detonations with secondary explosions of giant metal beasts- But I hate it when they vanish into completely nothing afterwards.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:50

Fazmaster wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:00
The explosions in X:Rebirth are visually top-notch! (more impressive than in this linked tech demo in my opinion)
Spoiler
Show
Hope X4 will get to this level again eventually. :)
WOOOW! Didnt know that the explosions looked that awesome!
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 21:15

Socratatus wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:45
Just don`t have the wreckage vanish afterwards. I love good randomise detonations with secondary explosions of giant metal beasts- But I hate it when they vanish into completely nothing afterwards.
Which objects are doing this specifically?

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 21:17

Very much agree with this. The current explosions leaves ALOT to be desired!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Fazmaster
x4

Post by Fazmaster » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 21:36

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:50
WOOOW! Didnt know that the explosions looked that awesome!
They truly do. These shots have neither been taken from a specific angle nor in a very special moment. It just how it looks ingame. Fantastic!

Ship starts burning more and more after taking severe hits, getting covered in smoke, explodes sector for sector blowing hull parts in space and this ending up in a big explosion followed by a flashing emp shock vanishing your shields away if you stand too close nearby. And all that while the massive battle around you going on.

The mechanics are there. The game engine is there. It's "just" about implementation.

That said, I really appreciate that the main focus has been put in UI, scale, economy, faction wars and the many other improvements we can already see in X4!

Still enjoying X: Rebirth while waiting for the linux build :)

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:36

Agreed, FXs are very underwhelming in X4... These explosions effects are from like 80s... little puffs of fiery smoke and it's a wreckage... I guess something to look forward to in SC. They got the idea right and implementing it well too. But like people said, X4 is like X2 except modern graphics, but not modern effects at all.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

marksnake
x3ap

Post by marksnake » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:01

Hello

Yes, the current explosion effects are terrible...please devs, just put a little love in your game here. It´s a shame having these lousy explosions.

That said, thanks for the coming updates and DLC.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:14

CBJ wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 21:15
Socratatus wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:45
Which objects are doing this specifically?
Sorry, I didn`t see this question until now.

None of them are and I didn`t say any were. I`m just getting ahead of it before someone makes it happen to add more explosions. I`ve seen too many sci-fi games that just vanish away the destroyed ship. Very unimmersive.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:23

I agree that porting over the XR explosions at least (I hope you can port over even more content!) would be such a great improvement. Please do this, Egosoft!
Care to see what I've been creating? https://www.youtube.com/user/ytubrute

Return to “X4: Foundations”