[SUGGESTION] A place to call home, with collectibles/aesthetic improvements

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

goamanu

[SUGGESTION] A place to call home, with collectibles/aesthetic improvements

Post by goamanu » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:00

To be fair, I still don't own the game, but I definitelly plan to buy it!
I was wondering if there is (or will be), after so much wandering through space, a place where I can sometimes return and build/renovate, like a safe haven of some sort, AC style.
A small space station, a derelict hulk, a residential spaceship, i don't know.
Also I would like to be able to customize my active spaceship appearance with a custom uploaded logo or posters in the cabin, or something.
Also I would very much appreciate an elaborate backstory with mission consequences and choosen options and memorable characters, for making this the PERFECT game of my life!

Thank you for making an already beautiful game!

consiefe

Re: [SUGGESTION] A place to call home, with collectibles/aesthetic improvements

Post by consiefe » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:12

Usually devs don't give much attention to these kind of details but I agree that it's this kind of things which make a game more than a game and creates connection with the player.

I only wish after the initial fixes to this good game, they think about adding this kind of things. A panoramic window to the excellent view of your chosen sector, priceless...

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:15

Not a fan of collectibles. Sounds like you want an RPG with the last bit. Everything else is doable for the most part already.

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:18

Well you can build your own base and even go into the Manager`s room where your chosen custom Logo will show up. I`ve been there and looked out the window to see my other ships. I don`t even want to hire a manager so that I can own this room! Just wish I could sit in the chair and swing around. lol.

So it can`t be that tough for the Devs to add a personal CEO room or building just for the Player with the ability to add extra logos, models, secretaries/advisers and things he`s found.

Good idea from someone who hasn`t got the game yet! :D

p.s Nothing wrong with collectables- You collect if you want or don`t. Ya not forced to. Your room can be empty if you want.
Last edited by Socratatus on Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:23, edited 1 time in total.
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:22

Socratatus wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:18
Well you can build your own base and even go into the Manager`s room where your chosen custom Logo will show up. I`ve been there and looked out the window to see my other ships. I don`t even want to hire a manager so that I can own this room! lol.
So the only thing that we need is the same system with ship seats and to say "get out of my bloody chair!"

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:24

consiefe wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:22
Socratatus wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:18
Well you can build your own base and even go into the Manager`s room where your chosen custom Logo will show up. I`ve been there and looked out the window to see my other ships. I don`t even want to hire a manager so that I can own this room! lol.
So the only thing that we need is the same system with ship seats and to say "get out of my bloody chair!"
If the Devs just added that little thing in the next patch i`d be more than jolly!
"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."
"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking."
"Don`t raise your voice. improve your argument."
"Some men are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by men who are not."

goamanu

Post by goamanu » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:36

I am a fan of X3 and done the backstory to most of them. I think X's are quite RPG'ish in fact (combat, constant improvement, exploring). The customized personal residence would add just immersion for the player and create a strong attachement with the game's universe and a sense of purpose (other than the financial one).
Also, an elaborate (professionally written) story will add emotional attachment and suspanse and characters that you can relate to.
It would be a pitty that such an amazing and hard-constructed universe remains without the emotional bond and a lasting personal mark on it.
Just my oppinion!

consiefe

Post by consiefe » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:39

goamanu wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:36
It would be a pitty that such an amazing and hard-constructed universe remains without the emotional bond and a lasting personal mark on it.
Just my oppinion!
This!

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 12:58

Needs a persistent chest/lockbox in which I can put away my illegal wares, reduce clutter. It annoyes me to hell that anytime I take a 5 min break in a controlled sector I get shot by police cause I forgot to drop some random illegal cargo I picked up.

harokyang
x4

Post by harokyang » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 13:25

There should be one more story event chain which teleport your PHQ out of the TEL territory, to some unclaimed well hidden deep space

goamanu

Post by goamanu » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 13:46

A special sector for the HQ would be boring, I think. Maybe it woulb be better to have the option to make your HQ an almost impenetrable fortress, with defensive weapon upgrades and call to arms for all your ships :)
I (for now) don't know if there is a sector safe enough to maintain a permanent HQ. Maybe it could do with a movable/teleporting HQ, for the possibility to reclaim your favorite sector for a good window view of your favorite planet.
Its an interesting dilema.
Or maybe a new isolate sector for building a kind of small space village utopia, a game within a game, but i think that is already too much! Thinking about it, a simple isolated sector would be fine, if the vista is gorgeous. Maybe even Earth, in an "on-line real-time based on meteo satelites" rendering? It would be quite a blast! :)

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 15:11

goamanu wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 13:46
A special sector for the HQ would be boring, I think. Maybe it woulb be better to have the option to make your HQ an almost impenetrable fortress, with defensive weapon upgrades and call to arms for all your ships :)
I (for now) don't know if there is a sector safe enough to maintain a permanent HQ. Maybe it could do with a movable/teleporting HQ, for the possibility to reclaim your favorite sector for a good window view of your favorite planet.
Its an interesting dilema.
Or maybe a new isolate sector for building a kind of small space village utopia, a game within a game, but i think that is already too much! Thinking about it, a simple isolated sector would be fine, if the vista is gorgeous. Maybe even Earth, in an "on-line real-time based on meteo satelites" rendering? It would be quite a blast! :)
Plop down a defense station at the accelerator at Nopileos II. That sector has no initial (unkillable) stations and only has 1 entry. Kill every hostile/pirate inside. Mostly SCA/HAT pirates. After that enemy ships can't enter without getting blown up. They will rebuild stations since sadly they use ARG and TEL construction ships for their stations but not many of their own ships can get past a 16-20 mil full turret platform with 200 guns when you're out of sector. In sector it's trickier since they can race through the gate that way, workaround is to build a defense platform on each end of the accelerator, since Nopelios VI isn't claimed either you wont aggro the big three that way.

Nopileos VI also has no god-stations but it's a very frequented destination by every NPC faction. Best is to build just the gate keeping station there.

One issue I can see that SCA cannot be set hostile. Combat patrols inside the sector could help with that but it's a rather big sector. Just don't use wings for traders as those will attack fake ID pirates in major faction territory quickly escalating things to war relations.

Derp

Post by Derp » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:30

Now that we can stash our inventory (as of 2.5), I wanted to bump this idea. Once I reach the point where I no longer need to personally fly everywhere, I find myself lacking a good place to stand while managing. Hanging out in a ship gets me harassed by spawns or cops and I feel like a micromanaging creep looking over everyone's shoulder, on one of my own stations everyone waits for me to take off even though I can literally teleport aboard if needed, and on an NPC station I feel like a drifter or that guy at the coffee shop who can't stop talking loudly into a bluetooth headset.

I'd suggest: repurpose the smart chip blueprint, call it an "Administrative Center." Copy the manager's office as an "Admin Office" you can elevator to, with a chair you can sit in and the inventory chute on one wall. Keep the plant, for the juvenile bush jokes and because nothing says "I am the boss of space" like chlorophyll. While you're in the office, ships will take off without you. No new assets to generate, just moving some around.

If you're feeling up to remodeling, Boso Ta's room with a desk instead of a fish tank would work great as well.

graphicboy
xr

Post by graphicboy » Sun, 21. Apr 19, 20:21

Derp wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:30
Now that we can stash our inventory (as of 2.5), I wanted to bump this idea. Once I reach the point where I no longer need to personally fly everywhere, I find myself lacking a good place to stand while managing. Hanging out in a ship gets me harassed by spawns or cops and I feel like a micromanaging creep looking over everyone's shoulder, on one of my own stations everyone waits for me to take off even though I can literally teleport aboard if needed, and on an NPC station I feel like a drifter or that guy at the coffee shop who can't stop talking loudly into a bluetooth headset.

I'd suggest: repurpose the smart chip blueprint, call it an "Administrative Center." Copy the manager's office as an "Admin Office" you can elevator to, with a chair you can sit in and the inventory chute on one wall. Keep the plant, for the juvenile bush jokes and because nothing says "I am the boss of space" like chlorophyll. While you're in the office, ships will take off without you. No new assets to generate, just moving some around.

If you're feeling up to remodeling, Boso Ta's room with a desk instead of a fish tank would work great as well.
Agreed 100%. One tiny detail - skip the window, or make it an option. Being in-sector screws up a lot of stuff. IMO the office should be OOS, even if it's "on" a station.

Another option ... ever stood next to a Gorgon on the dock? (or any medium anything, for that matter) You only have access to the deck, but these ships are *huge*. Have an office inside any M+ ships with the same features as one on a station, but again, OOS, despite being "on" a ship.

Derp

Post by Derp » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 17:36

graphicboy wrote:
Sun, 21. Apr 19, 20:21
Derp wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:30

Agreed 100%. One tiny detail - skip the window, or make it an option. Being in-sector screws up a lot of stuff. IMO the office should be OOS, even if it's "on" a station.

Another option ... ever stood next to a Gorgon on the dock? (or any medium anything, for that matter) You only have access to the deck, but these ships are *huge*. Have an office inside any M+ ships with the same features as one on a station, but again, OOS, despite being "on" a ship.
Sure, if there's some way to keep the skybox. I like to chill in Memory of Profit but I can't build as much there as I'd like without bringing all the usual in-sector troubles with me. CEOs need majestic windows to pose dramatically in front of.

Marco Nero
x3

Post by Marco Nero » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 18:22

I think maybe you have not to be influenced by "where you have to deploy you home", it's nice to change place all the time, changing game strategy for example
Last edited by Marco Nero on Mon, 29. Apr 19, 22:20, edited 3 times in total.

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 20:57

Great idea!

One of my favorite things to do in X3 is to "claim" an unknown sector by placing my PHQ there, some patrols, laser towers, etc. All of my collectibles (hard to come by weapons and ships) are floating around in that sector and it makes a nice place to give out commands to other ships.

Nort The Fragrent
x4

Post by Nort The Fragrent » Sat, 4. May 19, 06:41

I have made one nugget of a station tucked way out west in Unholy Retribution, it has my Venture dock, and a ton of TEL defence disks. It is quite peaceful, and a pretty good view. I also use it to store all my Billions in so to keep my working capitol under 1 Billion. This makes transferring money easier. (Too much cash and the amount jumps up and down too much!!! )
I would like a usable chair, and as I have requested before, perhaps a top mounted control tower ( Module ) with 360 viewing room. This we could place on our station so we can marvel in our creation, and get that bombastic stance of the Fat controller off to a tee.
:roll:

Return to “X4: Foundations”