[POLL] Give the Kha'ak some purple love!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Would you like seeing the Kha'ak race being more developed and expanded?

Yes
80%
No
4%
I would prefer a new enemy race
15%

Total votes: 112

Riccardoman
x4

[POLL] Give the Kha'ak some purple love!

Post by Riccardoman » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 23:39

Since X2 I always thought that the most dangerous and threatening race in the X universe were the Kha'ak

It doesn't seem so from the developers, because they are present in every game but often undeveloped

I personally would really love an expansion of some sort about their lore, their own economy, new ships and stations

What do you think?

Gimme those parple lazers! 8)

Goldfinch
x3tc

Re: [POLL] Give the Kha'ak some purple love!

Post by Goldfinch » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 00:04

Spoiler
Show
A TC plot has you wipe them out, obviously not entirely successfully but it explains why they aren't such a big threat afterwards.
As for why they aren't developed more as a race - maybe there isn't more to them. They're presented as insect hives and might not be independently conscious. They respond to perceived threats, they swarm and die in droves, but they have nothing to drive them to develop alternative ships for the same role, or initiate diplomacy (if they're even capable of it).

I'm not sure what the canon stance on this is but they might not even be sentient. There's a really good novel called Blindsight by Peter Watts which describes an alien race how I think of the Khaak.

mythal01
x4

Post by mythal01 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:48

Keep your sci-fi books on the shelf.
This is X.
We need serious threats of alien invasions.
Kha'ak are an incredibly cool race and threat.
So - make them a threat. I'm interested in gameplay not philosophizing about lore on the forums..........(thats fun, but not at the expense of gameplay)

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 03:01

No need to get more ennemies. Khaak can be developped behond tetraèdre of death. Xenon can enhance themselve to another form (why not some android thingy ?). Lot to develop actually.
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 03:03

I would like to see them get their capital ships back at least. I'de like to see updated designs for them too. They are a great enemy.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:38

Just to show the huge potential this race has design wise

PS: its from an X3 mod

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
https://x3tc.net/x3_img_ship/a16e1dc2f5246sc.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Last edited by Riccardoman on Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:57, edited 2 times in total.

SpaceCake

Post by SpaceCake » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:45

Guy, hear me out. What if the Xenon makes a big comeback... as anime girls? Just throwing it out there.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:48

SpaceCake wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:45
Guy, hear me out. What if the Xenon makes a big comeback... as anime girls? Just throwing it out there.
Sure, if you like this idea you can do another poll about that

SpaceCake

Post by SpaceCake » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 04:56

Christ. I meant to write Kha'ak. Could work too though tbh.

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 08:43

mythal01 wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:48
Keep your sci-fi books on the shelf.
This is X.
We need serious threats of alien invasions.
Kha'ak are an incredibly cool race and threat.
So - make them a threat. I'm interested in gameplay not philosophizing about lore on the forums..........(thats fun, but not at the expense of gameplay)
Hey, the OP asked about lore. They don't need more ship designs ripped from Babylon 5 to be interesting.

Arze
x4

Post by Arze » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 13:58

Technically the Khaak got genocided to oblivion and the khaak we see today are only remnants without queens, no? How many years passed since TC in universe? And they are yet to make a queen, seems they can't make a new one so they are dead. No point fluffing up the timeline just to make them strong again. NOW! If a new type of khaak comes out to be a threat they either should use a different shape for their building blocks, or they at least have to have a different base color to show its a different genus of khaak. Else its screws up the timeline. I'm all for making enemies strong. But make it fair, and make it work.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:27

All I want is Khaaks that actualy attack me. So far, they just fly around and let themselves shot to oblivion :-(
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:38

Arze wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 13:58
Technically the Khaak got genocided to oblivion and the khaak we see today are only remnants without queens, no? How many years passed since TC in universe? And they are yet to make a queen, seems they can't make a new one so they are dead. No point fluffing up the timeline just to make them strong again. NOW! If a new type of khaak comes out to be a threat they either should use a different shape for their building blocks, or they at least have to have a different base color to show its a different genus of khaak. Else its screws up the timeline. I'm all for making enemies strong. But make it fair, and make it work.
To say that Operation Final Fury wiped out an entire race is a bit of a stretch. Ide say its perfectly accepted to just have a resurgence without much explanation.
Kha'ak are also one of the only ways ide accept ship 'spawns' (the only other way being a station/fleet spawn if a faction gets all their assets destroyed). They are supposed to have crazy jumpdrive tech right? Could be a menace without a source for the game.

Oh, also... any reason why Kha'ak in X4 dont use clusters? They were very cool too.

weller009
x3tc

Post by weller009 » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:44

Exploding Khaak everywhere! :)

Arze
x4

Post by Arze » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 16:08

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:38
Arze wrote:
To say that Operation Final Fury wiped out an entire race is a bit of a stretch. Ide say its perfectly accepted to just have a resurgence without much explanation.
Kha'ak are also one of the only ways ide accept ship 'spawns' (the only other way being a station/fleet spawn if a faction gets all their assets destroyed). They are supposed to have crazy jumpdrive tech right? Could be a menace without a source for the game.

Oh, also... any reason why Kha'ak in X4 dont use clusters? They were very cool too.
Well if you put it that way :D I thought the idea of the TC mission was to kill them all at once or at least the hive mind.

Also yes! Why are they not in clusters? That was their whole shtick wasn't it? I remember my first time meeting one of those and I was like look this idiot just gets shot at what the hell is this triangle trash? And then Boom they came apart and said: "Hey! Is this the soap you dropped?" and proceeded to brutalize me and my arrogance. it was fun!

Though considering the shape the game in general is we might see a resurgence of their proper behavior at some point. Even though the Xenon already builds their puny ships, the Khaak station is still inactive so maybe?

DeFragMe
x4

Post by DeFragMe » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 16:15

Axeface wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 14:38
Arze wrote:

well, i havent played TC in quite a while, but Final Furry was if i remmeber right just a strik in the hearth of the enemies base to kill the queen (with a lot of lost ships to gama Kyon emitters). And if we go the route of hives... in most cases of "hives" the queen can be remade. depending on the kind of hive, with alot of lost units, or quite a internall struggle because there are more than one.
And since alot of time has passed between X3TC and X4, i personally would think they would have a new one, especially since in X4 they seem to be alot more agressive again compared to X3AP, where they where basically non existing, and with no gates and real jump technology , noone could bother the hive for a long time.

but maybe iam just imaging to much stuff into it ... iam just missing the good old Khaak capitals and M6s.

Edit:

PS: I forgot to write, the ships flying, are sometimes called "Queens guard" etc... who knows, maybe a comming plot since they can jump freely? maybe they got some revange in the old military sector, who knows... or just imagination, since i love those ships and weapons

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 16:44

Final Fury was an inside job :!:

Tharrg
x4

Post by Tharrg » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 17:40

Just been re-reading Joel Shepherd's Spiral Wars books, so really keen on some Kha'ak action.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 17:50

I might be wrong, but Final Fury was to wipe out the franment of Khaak race that was invading X3 space. They were not the entire Khaak race, but all the rest exist outside of know gate network (Ancients didn't intented the Khaak to meet other races as they are very hostile).

Personally I'd prefere fist to expand Xenons and they have their own space and litte economy.

DeFragMe
x4

Post by DeFragMe » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 18:01

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 17:50
Personally I'd prefere fist to expand Xenons and they have their own space and litte economy.
i would partly say yes, but still, we now had X3AP and X:R basically fully for the Xenon storyline. and the X4 already started again only with Xenon as partly story (the guild quest) and the khaak not even mentioned, at least a side story, some extra to them, would be nice after all those years missing them.
Even in X3TC where the Final Furry took place, most of the story parts where about Xenon and terrans and getting wares for a greedy little boron.

Return to “X4: Foundations”