What is the incentive to play?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nemezir
x3tc

Re: What is the incentive to play?

Post by nemezir » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:28

Hello,

at the moment the way I “play” is to start x4, give some orders to ships and walk away to do something else.

The economy in my 1.32 game is dead. Autotrading and Mining is not efficient (3-4Start Pilots) and L-Ships are absolutely not bearable to watch flying or finding paths. Almost makes me aggressive to observe L-Ships, they are absolutely not usable. I mean slow ok, but what these guys doing is flying zig zag around jump-gates taking them ages to find the “hole”.

My M-Station-Traders are trading e-cells (120 here, 180 there), while silicon wafers are maxed out in storage and having stations around my PHQ with buyoffers for 326Cr. WTF???

Fleet Management and Fleetcombat is a pain in the a… Why is egosoft not able to implement good damn hotkeys to order wings. So I have to wait for good mods to give back hotkeys to order wings. Sadly xai-corps is down… Naming Ships. Hell, Egosoft, let us EDIT shipnames, instead of deleting the string in shipname by clicking on it.

So yes… starting x4, “manage” something, saving, walking away and having a look every 30min…

That’s not really playing.

P.S. Funny thing is Bernd in his 1.5 Video, wondering how people get so many hours... exactly like this: Starting X4, and then do something else and/or let the game "simulate the economy" over night :)

breizhbugs
x4

A

Post by breizhbugs » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:39

Fazmaster wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 12:38
Hyde911 wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 11:31
Core mechanics of X-game which is building fleet/economy is pointless in x4.
I am more concerned about the fast progression rate. Looks like players with a couple of weeks of play may be able to own the whole universe after invading sector for sector with their 200+ ships fleet? (probably moaning meanwhile about framedrops and incorrect pathing :rant: :P )
Afk Seta is not playing... Also the economy bugs that makes it difficult for the AI to build fleet have certainly help those players make their own fleet before the AI could strengthen its own.

When you play "normally", the progression rate is ok (at least to me, but i am quite slow - on my 48hr game, i spend around 30h+ for building a HQ and all my money was going into it)
Contrary to previous game where there was no travel mode, here i don't feel the need to use seta. I still not have build my SETA device, but if i want more money, i try to play the game, and not the Seta/afk waiting game!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:52

Ahh, the oldest question that haunt me every time I finish the main plot since X-BTF.

In 2.0 they what to actvate player shipyards, so with it you will become self sufficient and can declare war on entire galaxy.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:56

Guys, the core principle of X games is that you can play it the way you want too, I have done my no NPC ships and no Station building game; Meh until more Pirate stuff is in.

I do agree the AI and difficulty needs to go way up, already had this discussion in other posts that we would all like to see larger and more involved dog-fighting return and the S/M/L ships stats are off but their is no "this is how you play it." It is your game, play it the way you want too, this is why the MODs section has always been so integrated because everyone wants something different, X games provide a platform you can do some or even all of it.

I like managing the game in an RTS style but if you do not then don't. Anything you can do with an empire you can do hands on. Bugs and works in progress are not part of the game, have to be patient with the rest of us on those.

No one is judging you.

p.s. Making the whole galaxy player green is next on my todo list ;)
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Fazmaster
x4

Re: A

Post by Fazmaster » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 14:02

breizhbugs wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:39
Contrary to previous game where there was no travel mode, here i don't feel the need to use seta. I still not have build my SETA device, but if i want more money, i try to play the game, and not the Seta/afk waiting game!
I completely agree.

I think SETA/SINZA is an outdated "travel" concept taken from Frontier: Elite II which has been overcome with the highway system (from X:R) and the travel mode (from ED).

It's (imo) just in the game because many X-Vets demanded it, caused by concerns that space in X-games loosing the scale.

Taramafor

Post by Taramafor » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 14:07

kylania wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 09:35
Kinda unfair to compare a 10 year old game with a 2 week old game, but ok.
Bull-shit. Go look at doom reboots and old doom. Compare Deus Ex human Revolution to the first one. Compare later Metal Gears to earlier ones. Compare Devil May Cry 3 (and above) to 1 and 2. Compare Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3 to the later ones.

While it can be argued that some of the older ones were better with certain things (I prefer the FIRST Deus Ex myself and RE3 as well as DMC3) it is an undistributed fact that the later games always added more content. More to do. More enemies to fight. More ways to go about it. Etc, etc. X4 has done the REVERSE and it shows. More then that if the company has done it before they already know how to do it again. Did they get amnesia or something? It can't be that diffiuclt to use X3 (and Terran conflict) as a template. Hell, you basically copy and paste and then add on. X4 has practically removed a lot even if it's added other things. There's no two ways about it.

This isn't a case of one game and then a second still learning what to do. This is a case of no less then FOUR, and TC can be 5 at that. You don't forget how to do it after that many times.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 10:05

Lyth wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 13:14
Fazmaster wrote:
Hyde911 wrote:
Really? I don't own the game yet, but from what I've seen building up fleets and taking part in the economy has never made more sense thanks to X4's dynamic nature with factions acting to players and other factions input to the universe.

I am more concerned about the fast progression rate. Looks like players with a couple of weeks of play may be able to own the whole universe after invading sector for sector with their 200+ ships fleet? (probably moaning meanwhile about framedrops and incorrect pathing :rant: :P )

How does the "end game" will look like or in general balancing work? At the end, with all the things you can do growing large, I think the player still needs the feel being part of something bigger (i.e. the universe)..
Fazmaster is pretty spot on, for someone that isn't playing it I'd say his observations are correct just from feedback and I am playing it. The dynamic universe is excellent, the problem is scale, it's a better foundation that hasn't been fleshed out yet. Increased difficulty, scale and threats are all that is required as has been said, it isn't much of a challenge which reduces the sense of accomplishment. All the mechanics are there but the game is called foundations, I am on my 4th game of trying different things and ways to do them and still got a few more to go.

As for the point? This is a parody, it isn't aimed at anyone, laugh with it, as is my intent.
Warning: Contains some bad language:
https://youtu.be/n7VAhzPcZ-s?t=11
Agreed, it's early days, and still having fun exploring and tormenting Pirates atm.

What I loved from X3AP was a port of the Universe that was taken over by Pirates, and created a bottleneck. You either had to make a run for it through the sector to sell your wares, or fight you way through. I opted for the latter, there was a huge amount of Pirate P's and fighters just inside the gate. So you got blasted as you entered.

I built a small fleet of 4 or 5 fighters to begin with. Would order the others to wait on the other side, jump through and race off getting the focus of the Pirates to come to me. When they where out of the way of the gate, I would order a ship to collect wares. As my ship was being attacked, or the other traders going through, I would slowly collect the loot.

Rinse and repeat until I bought my big ship, something like 69 million (from memory) and saved up the weapons and so on I had collected. Then I cleaned the sector of most of the pirates until I got a mission from the nearby sector to protect Transports from Pirates Mission.

I am yet to use this same tactic this time around, but was down in one of the Xenon sectors, sorry forget which one, and the same thing exists here. Opportunity.
There was a number of Argon attack Xenon ships, and started collecting. about 9 mill in 30 mins :D

On the new style of X4, I am finding blind spots on destroyers atm and slowly take out each element, turrets, shields, and so on. Then I get a reward for the kill. Seems quite lucrative venture to scrap some loose change up to buy my new ship.

Once all the other stuff gets put in, either DLCs, MODs, and so on. This will be great.

All I want atm is a mission maker, then share them somehow, until then I'll look at what the game gives me, build a station there, fulfil wares here, a Pirate Parley there. I don't want the mission handed to me on a platter, rather given insentives to delve into the game and think outside the box.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 10:22

Fazmaster wrote:
Hyde911 wrote:
Really? I don't own the game yet, but from what I've seen building up fleets and taking part in the economy has never made more sense thanks to X4's dynamic nature with factions acting to players and other factions input to the universe.
The dynamic nature is non-existent. It simply doesn't work. Completely. Broken.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:25

What really buffles me is why are they still trying to implement such a nonesence as a realistic, dynamic and whatever economy. We do not want an economic simulator! This should be a space simulator in the first place. The basic economy based upon e-cells was quite fine as it lasted over 5 (6 if you consider X-Tension a separate game) games and noone complained.
Yet they are still trying to reinvent the wheel, spending resources on one nonesence after another (station interiors. Really? Again? Huge empty station with a few random useless NPCs? So to get it some justification, they made it so you have to run in person to any faction representative and any passanger needing to pick up, because they do not have long range communication as it seems. Why not make it like Freelancer? Static screens you move between.) and therfore having a totaly broken product. Now twice in a row. I statred to play on 1.10, got to 30 hours and realized, that my space is completely without any enemies.
So I started a new game in 1.32 and after 10 hours most wharfs and shipyards are completely without resources. So I can not buy or upgrade ANY ship. Hell I can not even load satelites to my current ship as, for some unknown reason, it also need missing resources. Not to mention that the only worth ship in the whole game is the Nemesis as every other M, L and XL ship is not only ugly as hell but also totaly useless as they even managed to screw turrets. How can someone screw such a basic thing after the MARS MOD, which by the way was made by 1, yes ONE, person, is simply beyond me.
Now we have huge and totaly empty sectors. Yeah, it is so much fun spending more time using the "fast" drive than actualy playing the game. And we could continue like this ad nauseum.
I really would not think that I could ever say it, but X4 seems to me even more broken that Rebirth was.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:29

It is a sandbox simulator.
If you cannot see the difference or benefits between having a dynamic real economy versus a fake illusion of one I don't know what to say. I loved the free credits of X3's economy, X4 requires some work but once you get it you will have no problems making credits I assure you. A dynamic economy allows for real tactical options, the same as in X3 with no magical solutions that can cheat the outcome of wars.

If it was only and a true space simulator, then we wouldn't have to deal with X-Rebirthers screaming "I R Pilox!" whilst waving their console controllers about and saying how great and immersive the dogfighting is because they just killed a capital ship in a scout....

You came across a problem, a shipyard with no resources, a problem one might say, you had the option to THINK of a solution or do nothing, it could have taken you 10 minutes to solve it.

What we have is a foundation, I hope everything will continue to improve so whatever parts of the sandbox simulator people enjoy will always be there and not being neglected because it is not relevant to someone else's specific type of game play.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:17

Oh, but I see the difference clearly. One is and has been working in 6 games, one does not and will never work. And can you imagine there are people who do not give a damn about wars? I do not want to fight Paranid, Argon, Teladi, (Split or Boron) just because someone made the whole economy based on this. Not when there are Xenon and Khaak to fight. Who, btw, do not need any of these missing resources...
And why should I find solutions for a broken economy? Is it my problem there are not ANY engine parts factories in Paranid space? Is it my problem that I have found only one such a factory in Argon prime that has about 1000 of them in stock while all stations I have found so far need about 5000? So, genius, what is the solution for a player who just started and wants to buy some new ship, but can not? What is really funny that such a problem was not in any prevous X games except, surprisingly, Rebirth.
What I really do not get are people who are happy to have a "foundation" with a hope that "it will be fixed sometime" Well, it will not. Especialy when anything depends on that stupid WAR system they came up with.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:29

plynak wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:17
And can you imagine there are people who do not give a damn about wars? I do not want to fight Paranid, Argon, Teladi, (Split or Boron) just because someone made the whole economy based on this. Not when there are Xenon and Khaak to fight.
It's only a matter of in which color markers are painted. If game intro would say that HOP are nazis faction dreaming of wiping out other races, you would gladly start cleaning them out.

ATTACK_HAMSTER
x3tc

Post by ATTACK_HAMSTER » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:37

kylania wrote:
wait for improvements and mods and give it a try later.
This is what bothers me, it almost appears the game is devoid of content so it can be sold to us again in the form of DLC - Whilst i appreciate they are not triple A developers, they do ask a triple A price.........

We can't even transport wares or crew between ships easily, this is supposed to be a sandbox where you build fleet(S). :rant:
You ain't getting me on no M3 Fool !

Playbahnosh
x4

Post by Playbahnosh » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 16:46

plynak wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:25
[...] Yet they are still trying to reinvent the wheel, spending resources on one nonesence after another [...]
Exactly my point! I hear this all the time, that "Egosoft is a small studio, we can't expect AAA quality, content, no bugs, etc". Yea, bull. They were exactly the same small studio when they made the previous X games (smaller even), and those turned out to be incredible, chock full of content, working mechanics and possibilities. No, they weren't perfect, far from perfect, but they had stories, plot missions, involved projects and endgame stuff to strive for, like the HUB, the PHQ, Aldrin stuff, Treasure Hunt, your own friggin sector, etc. X4 is pretty much barren compared to any previous X game.
kylania wrote:
Kinda unfair to compare a 10 year old game with a 2 week old game, but ok.
Unfair how? People do that literally all the time, compare new iterations of a franchise to the older games. The thing is, sequels should never be less than the predecessors. Never. GTA, Bioshock, Deus Ex, Final Fantasy, Farming Simulator, friggin NEKOPARA! Every single sequel expands upon the original game with more story, more features, more possibilities, streamlined gameplay, better graphics, etc. X4 right now, compared to X3 is like if the next GTA game was an empty desert with a few buildings, like 10 drivable cars and no story whatsoever. You could still claim it's a GTA game, because you can drive cars, shoot at people and get chased by the police around those few buildings...but that's it. At that point, is that really a GTA game? Can you really call it a sequel? I don't think so...

Now, the X series is a bit of a wildcard in this regard. While through X1-2-3 the game had a more or less linear expansion curve. The game got prettier, more sectors, more story, more mechanics, more stuff to do, more, more, more... But at X3TC/AP, things kinda stopped. Granted, most of the content and mechanics in X3 and up were almost completely modded/community content. TC is X3+XTM, the entire Terran faction, the stations, the ships, ATF, all that is modded stuff. Same for AP, which is basically X3TC 3.0 + a ton of mods. If you discount that short cutscene and a couple of art assets, there isn't a shred of original EGOSOFT content in there. Today we know why, because they were all busy working on XR, which turned out to be a colossal failure in every regard. It was the first X game, that was less than the previous ones. Not only less, but it tossed out core gameplay and mechanics that were staples of the franchise, the reason people were playing X at all. And now we have X4, which is basically X3 0.5, it has a franction of the content and mechanics the predecessors had, and even those don't really work. Yes, it is an unfinished game.

It will take years to finish X4 to rival even X3TC, let alone surpass it. An uphill battle no doubt...

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 19:02

Hyde911 wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 09:29
I've been playing X4 for about 30 hrs and I cannot find any reasonable incentive to play any more.
In X3 it was obvious: build up you economy to buy big ships. Then wreck the havoc whether you want and it was great (both building up economy and wrecking havoc).
Here in X4 big sips are useless, choice is extremely limited and combat is laughable easy. I've got Nemesis which is great ship and there is no need to change it, so what's the point to make money (which btw is too easy to make)??
I just don't see any reason to play and if I have to force myself I know something is wrong with the game.

Bugs don't scare me away from Egosoft games but lack of content does. If it was you first game I'd cut you some slack, but you have done this before.
In current state the game is just a demo. Nice looking one but empty inside.
Too easy money and the game showering you with freebies is a giant achilles heel of X games (X3:TC and X3:AP already suffered from it). A couple of us suggested a difficulty option for mission reward scales a long time back during X4 development. Nothing happened. Egosoft want to make the game accessable by showering people with things so they can quickly fly big ships and have stations. This results in the player getting to late game very quickly - but in late game X was historically really weak, always lacked real incentive. Players just kept on playing because they liked growing/ set goals for themself. X4 may be able to bring more to the late game with the new systems somewhat, but so far it doesnt seem to work at all based on what people are saying.
I had the most fun in X3 (and that even after 5 years constantly dealing with X3 on almost daily basis) in the early and mid game. After 2 normal savegames i never did official missions anymore because the payout was ridiculously over the top, always played as pirate from that point on (a real pirate, not the "i board your ship and then apologize for 0 repercussion" kind of pirate), with only 1 mandatory race friendly for selling/purchasing esp. software. That was fun to the point you gathered some smallish fleet - and then it became boring, because there was no actual need for any fleet.

Conquer the universe is one goal X4 integrated (modded X3 also allowed it), but with broken economy and sub systems and no adequate response to player aggression (or any aggression for that matter) as a result, i dont think it's likely to bring much fun now - it may just be a push over.
Said it during development already... that with all the dynamic systems it was going to be incredibly difficult to balance out everything so it doesnt become unstable and stall itself quickly. Thats precisely what is happening now. Economy/Shipbuilding becomes unstable often.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Traith

Post by Traith » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:10

plynak wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 14:17
Oh, but I see the difference clearly. One is and has been working in 6 games, one does not and will never work. And can you imagine there are people who do not give a damn about wars? I do not want to fight Paranid, Argon, Teladi, (Split or Boron) just because someone made the whole economy based on this. Not when there are Xenon and Khaak to fight. Who, btw, do not need any of these missing resources...
And why should I find solutions for a broken economy? Is it my problem there are not ANY engine parts factories in Paranid space? Is it my problem that I have found only one such a factory in Argon prime that has about 1000 of them in stock while all stations I have found so far need about 5000? So, genius, what is the solution for a player who just started and wants to buy some new ship, but can not? What is really funny that such a problem was not in any prevous X games except, surprisingly, Rebirth.
What I really do not get are people who are happy to have a "foundation" with a hope that "it will be fixed sometime" Well, it will not. Especialy when anything depends on that stupid WAR system they came up with.
Why should you find solutions for a broken economy? To make money.

Is it your problem there are not any engine parts factories in Paranid space? It's your opportunity to do the above, and isn't a problem if you don't care to buy ships there.

Is it your problem that Argon prime has an engine parts factory but can't supply the whole universe? Again, it's your opportunity.

What is the solution for a player who just started and wants to buy a new ship? As your requested genius, I give you two options based on the information presented... 1. Build an engine parts factory instead. 2. Buy it in Argon Prime.

To answer your underlying question, which is why does a space simulator need a dynamic economy? Because real space would have a dynamic economy. It sounds like you would prefer a space flight simulator, which is a completely different thing. It's a sandbox. Play in it. Build a sandcastle (preferably one that produces engine parts). Enjoy X4:"FOUNDATIONS" and watch what Egosoft builds it into, then enjoy that. Or don't. That's fine too. It's your sandbox.

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:39

ScandyNav wrote:
Sun, 16. Dec 18, 10:28
Hyde911 wrote:
I just don't see any reason to play and if I have to force myself I know something is wrong with the game.
Try so called guild missions. They are complex and give some directions. And may start conflict in some areas in which you will be highly affiliated.
guild missions are complex? they are just generic missions grouped together :D dont even mention that if they are bugged at any point you can just drop all of it
Traith wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:10

Why should you find solutions for a broken economy? To make money.

Is it your problem there are not any engine parts factories in Paranid space? It's your opportunity to do the above, and isn't a problem if you don't care to buy ships there.

Is it your problem that Argon prime has an engine parts factory but can't supply the whole universe? Again, it's your opportunity.

What is the solution for a player who just started and wants to buy a new ship? As your requested genius, I give you two options based on the information presented... 1. Build an engine parts factory instead. 2. Buy it in Argon Prime.

To answer your underlying question, which is why does a space simulator need a dynamic economy? Because real space would have a dynamic economy. It sounds like you would prefer a space flight simulator, which is a completely different thing. It's a sandbox. Play in it. Build a sandcastle (preferably one that produces engine parts). Enjoy X4:"FOUNDATIONS" and watch what Egosoft builds it into, then enjoy that. Or don't. That's fine too. It's your sandbox.
you well seen dont get the problem.

"Is it your problem there are not any engine parts factories in Paranid space? It's your opportunity to do the above, and isn't a problem if you don't care to buy ships there." no the problem is that the paranids cant buy ships either, the paranids will stall, and their war will collapse. if im only interested in the combat and war option why should I fuel their economy?

"What is the solution for a player who just started and wants to buy a new ship? As your requested genius, I give you two options based on the information presented... 1. Build an engine parts factory instead. 2. Buy it in Argon Prime." what if i dont want to, genius? what if i need a ship to carry the resources to build an engine parts factory but i cant buy a ship because there isnt any? ignorance wont help.

" It's your sandbox." no, it actually isnt. a sandbox is working on its own without the player and the player is put into that world to play with. when you are forced to fix the world to be able to play in it is NOT a sandbox

LordFlinx
x4

Post by LordFlinx » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 23:03

you well seen dont get the problem.
... no the problem is that the paranids cant buy ships either, the paranids will stall, and their war will collapse. if im only interested in the combat and war option why should I fuel their economy.
Answer : It you are “only“ ( or even mostly ) interested in combat you might try playing a mostly combat oriented and probably MMO oriented game, not a sandbox space sim ...
...what if i dont want to, genius? what if i need a ship to carry the resources to build an engine parts factory but i cant buy a ship because there isnt any? ignorance wont help
Answer: Oh my, in a complex simulation there is an economic hole somewhere, but to solve it might actually require some effort in your part ?

Truly a shame !
...no, it actually isnt. a sandbox is working on its own without the player and the player is put into that world to play with. when you are forced to fix the world to be able to play in it is NOT a sandbox
Nope. A video film works without the player.

Or a linear story mode game. A Sandbox gib es you room, Tools, and Problems.
Solutions is up to you.
<inserting Signature as soon as X4 is free of bugs>

Warum ich X4 spiele ?
Weil ich RL nicht beim einkaufen auf Falschparker schießen kann :D

nameisunavailable

Post by nameisunavailable » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 23:16

Hyde911 wrote:
I've been playing X4 for about 30 hrs and I cannot find any reasonable incentive to play any more.
In X3 it was obvious: build up you economy to buy big ships. Then wreck the havoc whether you want and it was great (both building up economy and wrecking havoc).
Here in X4 big sips are useless, choice is extremely limited and combat is laughable easy. I've got Nemesis which is great ship and there is no need to change it, so what's the point to make money (which btw is too easy to make)??

Bugs don't scare me away from Egosoft games but lack of content does. If it was you first game I'd cut you some slack, but you have done this before.
In current state the game is just a demo. Nice looking one but empty inside.
I feel much the same way, although I see this game as a great 'foundation'. I'm sad that making money is so ridiculously easy that I have to ignore and play around entire facets of the game in order to make things more of a challenge for myself, it shouldn't have to be this way. The 'pace' of the game needs a lot more attention in this regard.

When I stand in the landing dock and look at my ship, I don't want to have in the back of my mind that I only spent an hour or so shooting crystals to attain it. The stick needs to maintain the carrot at a proper distance otherwise what is the point?

I look forward to hitting this game once the modders are in full swing and many of these issues have been smoothed out...

Thanks for the great work so far though Egosoft !

gpkgpk
x4

Post by gpkgpk » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 23:18

I had just started a new thread basically asking the same question as the OP (and deleted it 'cause i quickly spotted this thread). In the back of my mind I feared the apologist would dilute any conversation w/ the dreams of future glory, which they kind of did here and elsewhere.
I'm still perplexed though, what are ppl doing and how are they having fun RIGHT NOW? (not 8-12 months from now)

Return to “X4: Foundations”