[Suggestion] L/XL engine module destruction

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xenon472
x4

[Suggestion] L/XL engine module destruction

Post by Xenon472 » Sun, 16. Dec 18, 22:49

Hello everyone,
After acquiring my first L ship I noticed something silly about the engines:

If they are destroyed the ship became completely dead in the water, losing even the ability to pitch/roll: it becomes completely frozen!

I think it's a bit weird that destroying the engine disable every single thruster (rending the ship completely useless)
I think that when engines are destroyed the ship should still be able to maneuver (but at a slower rate) and maybe (not sure about this though) be able to still move using only thrusters (going very slowly, like the speed of the upgraded spacesuit)
What do you think about it? :gruebel:

P.s. I Apologize if something similar has already been posted but in that case I could not find it

Val Comdriver
x4

Re: [Suggestion] L/XL engine module destruction

Post by Val Comdriver » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:31

yes, that looks logical. if your main engines are destroyed your thrusters should be working because they are located on other sides of the ship and if engineer who made them used some logic for safety - they should have independent fuel source and control.
My PC specs for bug reports
Show
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900
  • GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ELITE
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
  • 32 GB DDR4 3600 (CMW16GX4M1Z3600C18)
  • Windows 7 Pro SP1

shealladh
x4

Re: [Suggestion] L/XL engine module destruction

Post by shealladh » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:58

Val Comdriver wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 09:31
yes, that looks logical. if your main engines are destroyed your thrusters should be working because they are located on other sides of the ship and if engineer who made them used some logic for safety - they should have independent fuel source and control.
This has the assumption that engineers know what they're doing :p

Maybe they need to have a tug or does having repair drones fix the engines?
Silly question, yet to get as far as L/XL ships myself, almost there

Return to “X4: Foundations”