Wharf Missing Resources

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Galinet
x4

Wharf Missing Resources

Post by Galinet » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 15:12

I queued the purchase of 2 ships at a Wharf. It showed it was missing:
1,638 Hull Parts
1,647 Engine Parts

The station does not accept Hull Parts as trade so I sent a ship to bring in 34 Engine Parts (small freighter). It could take 6 minutes for a trade run so it should have brought 340 Engine Parts.

After an hour (not sure how many trades), the Wharf now shows it is missing:
3,108 Hull Parts
1,604 Engine Parts

There are still 8 NPC and my 2 ships in the queue.

The game is not fun when you cannot purchase ships. I only see 2 options.

1) Become a pirate and comandeer friendly ships.
2) Explore more of the map and hope to find a wharf with sufficient resources to create ships.
[3] Wait until v1.5 to play.

Is there another way to fix this problem?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Wharf Missing Resources

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 15:21

Scan the station's storage modules to see if it's just filled up with other stuff (and hence won't buy any more resources). If it is, force the station to free up some of that storage.

BrasatoAlBarolo
x4

Post by BrasatoAlBarolo » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 15:22

I have a similar issue: waiting for a single Demeter to be manufactured, 8 ships on queue, many missing wares to build them and no actual "buy contract" for the warf.
I think this has something to do with the station storage full of useless wares (like energy cells or foodstuff).
My Demeter is going to be completed when X5 is out...

Galinet
x4

Post by Galinet » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:28

Ended up starting a new game; the previous one had not been running for a long time so not much was lost.

Sadly the new game also suffered from the same problem; a Wharf had insufficient resources to construct the ships I needed. However I explored the sectors and found other Wharves (or is the plural Wharfs?) and one was sufficiently supplied. So from there I was able to get my ships and get the game going.

dyderich
x3

Post by dyderich » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:39

Problem still persists.....

The various stations I have ships on order - my ship is the only in queue and have insufficient resources to complete but the station cannot accept further resources as they are maxed out while storage is NOT maxed out (although for instance it shows 1850/1850 scanner arrays and I cannot get it to take an additional 200 to start my freighter......) - I cannot trade anything from the station as it will not accept any tradegoods nor can I buy any as there are NONE to be seen on the screen, so the notion to force it to give up resources I have no clue how to even begin this task.

I am now considering editing the save file to see if I can find the station and its contents and perhaps manipulate them in order to get this crap fixed.....my game is totally screwed up now as not a single station in the game is producing ANYTHING at all.....my ships have been in queue for last 3-4 IRL days and the best I have managed is to get the resource(s) down to a few hundred but then the station stops allowing my transports to trade with station to continue to support the necessary wares to start the damn ship production.

Devs really need to fix this damn thing as it is totally game breaking. :evil:

skalapunk
x4

Post by skalapunk » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:41

Isn't the engine parts bug what 1.50 beta patch addresses?

letwolf

Post by letwolf » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:42

free from too much resources---HOW?

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:51

letwolf wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:42
free from too much resources---HOW?
probably highjacking it and stealing stuff that the shipbuild does not require.

letwolf

Post by letwolf » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:14

They fixed that? Last time i tried "hack" it done absolutely nothing.

Galinet
x4

Post by Galinet » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:30

skalapunk wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 17:41
Isn't the engine parts bug what 1.50 beta patch addresses?
From the Youtube video's I have seen on the subject, yes, this is fixed in v1.5.

Given these problems I'm playing "throwaway" games, trying different things to learn the game and once v1.5 comes out, will actually start a real game.

One thing I really want to get right are the early factories to produce my own Hull Parts and Claytronics since I buy a ton of these. So my starter explorer ship will do the easy and quick missions (destroy mines) to amass enough money to buy satellites and place them at NPC factories. And scan every module I need along the way. That would let me buy at least 2 miners for initial income.

Return to “X4: Foundations”