A couple of questions about station managment, sectors and npc

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tyler
x4

A couple of questions about station managment, sectors and npc

Post by Tyler » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 16:53

So, hello to all!

First of all sorry for my english.

So, I know we can take control of sectors by building the administrative module, but whats happend if i buid this in a sector already taken by Argon or Teladi or Paramid?

About station managment:
After a couple of auto mining or trading for my station, the ships just parking and stop in the station saying something like "waiting for take off", every time i must say them "continue with orders", its a bug? its my misconfiguration? or they must make a coffee breek after some work?
Because like now i cant go away from my desk and let them mining or trading, if i do, i will find all parked when i come back.

npc:
sometime happends that some of my ships that i set in PATROL mode around the sector, they attack friend ships, like argon or teladi, etc.. but this ships dont canche in red color, they keep be blue.. but i see they fight. for stop this i must take the control of my ship, then all stop fight, but no reputation go down altrough they get destroyed.
No, they are not criminals. why happends that?

Thank you all for your replies! :)

shelburnite
x4

Re: A couple of questions about station managment, sectors and npc

Post by shelburnite » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:09

1 setting up an administrative center in a sector that is already controlled is considered a hostile action by the controlling faction.

2 once you set ships "mine / trade" for a station they should happily go abut their business unless they are full with nowhere to sell the goods they are full of. if you issue any further movement commands they may move to that spot and just sit.

3 Not sure what you are trying to get at but may be a case of friendly fire or pirates disguised as other factions which i dont fully understand yet.

DeFragMe
x4

Post by DeFragMe » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:10

shelburnite wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:09
1 setting up an administrative center in a sector that is already controlled is considered a hostile action by the controlling faction.
They do? i already own quite alot of admin centers in normal faction space, and they dont care, even if it counts as "contested". Even when i manage to flip it to my ownage, they dont care.
Maybe because my standing is over 20?

shelburnite
x4

Post by shelburnite » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:15

I may be wrong i think i herd that somewhere so ive ben avoiding setting up admin centers.

Tyler
x4

Post by Tyler » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:16

shelburnite wrote:
2 once you set ships "mine / trade" for a station they should happily go abut their business unless they are full with nowhere to sell the goods they are full of. if you issue any further movement commands they may move to that spot and just sit.
I mean for MY station, not for npc one. After 1 or 2 cicles, they just park in station. Also if storage is empty. Dont know if i explained it good...
shelburnite wrote:
3 Not sure what you are trying to get at but may be a case of friendly fire or pirates disguised as other factions which i dont fully understand yet.
No, they was not pirate, they was security ships of another nearby station. But MY ships, well.. i founded them around in the map. (dont know why but is not so rare to find a M class abbandoned ship in my game, in sectors near highways or portals)
DeFragMe wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:10
They do? i already own quite alot of admin centers in normal faction space, and they dont care, even if it counts as "contested". Even when i manage to flip it to my ownage, they dont care.
Maybe because my standing is over 20?
So you actually build administrative centers in already own sectors without problems?

Shadowlight213
x4

Post by Shadowlight213 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:56

From what I've found, administrative centers only actually count if they are the first thing placed down in the station planner. If you add them second or later, they don't count.

DeFragMe
x4

Post by DeFragMe » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:23

Tyler wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:16
So you actually build administrative centers in already own sectors without problems?
yesssss, if you want i can make you a screenshot when iam back home. they dont care, at least so far.

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:29

Tyler wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 16:53
So, I know we can take control of sectors by building the administrative module, but whats happend if i buid this in a sector already taken by Argon or Teladi or Paramid?
The faction with most admin centers controls the system. Not that it changes anything, ARG will still patrol their sectors even if you take control. It also doesn't change the ownership of any stations in this system or provide you with any income (like taxes or something).
Tyler wrote:
About station managment:
After a couple of auto mining or trading for my station, the ships just parking and stop in the station saying something like "waiting for take off", every time i must say them "continue with orders", its a bug? its my misconfiguration? or they must make a coffee breek after some work?
Because like now i cant go away from my desk and let them mining or trading, if i do, i will find all parked when i come back.
There's a couple of things to consider here.
1. Does your station have enough money to pay the miners? It doesn't matter there's not real exchange here, the station must have enough funds to pay the miners.
2. Did you issue any orders? It's best to make sure there are no orders queued on a ship you assign to a station.
3. Did you assign ships in bulk? There seems to be a problem if you assign too many ships at the same time - some of them start working, some don't.
4. Did you assign the ships before a building required what they mine was completed?

Anyway if you want to fix it, unassign the ships and assign them again. They should start working.
Tyler wrote:
npc:
sometime happends that some of my ships that i set in PATROL mode around the sector, they attack friend ships, like argon or teladi, etc.. but this ships dont canche in red color, they keep be blue.. but i see they fight. for stop this i must take the control of my ship, then all stop fight, but no reputation go down altrough they get destroyed.
No, they are not criminals. why happends that?
Two possibilites here:
1. A bug.
2. The "blue" ships were actually pirates in disguise and got attacked.
3. There was a fight and your ships got hit one too many time by accident and started firing back.

Nikodel

Post by Nikodel » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:56

Tyler wrote:
About station managment:
Hi,
( First post here!)

I encountered something similar happening as I decided to rest a bit on my new first built station to watch vessels going in an out ; and rest after hours of piloting. What happens here I think is that if you are aboard a station (not on a ship), any ship you own landing will wait for you before taking off. They wouldn't want to leave you stranded alone ! I witnessed that on other factions's stations and on mine. Solution here would be to always be aboard a ship even if you are not piloting. That's what I do.

Tyler
x4

Post by Tyler » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:22

Kalantris wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:29
The faction with most admin centers controls the system. Not that it changes anything, ARG will still patrol their sectors even if you take control. It also doesn't change the ownership of any stations in this system or provide you with any income (like taxes or something).
Oh, good to know, thanks. But if i take control of a free sector, i will get taxes from other stations inside it?
Kalantris wrote:
There's a couple of things to consider here.
1. Does your station have enough money to pay the miners? It doesn't matter there's not real exchange here, the station must have enough funds to pay the miners.
2. Did you issue any orders? It's best to make sure there are no orders queued on a ship you assign to a station.
3. Did you assign ships in bulk? There seems to be a problem if you assign too many ships at the same time - some of them start working, some don't.
4. Did you assign the ships before a building required what they mine was completed?

Anyway if you want to fix it, unassign the ships and assign them again. They should start working.
So, let me answer in order...
1. Sometime yes, sometime no, but i have NO orders in "buy section", and for minerals i set the lower price and checked "limit trade with other factions" and i see that no npc sell me minerals, that is what i want and what is done now, Cause i use my own miners, i must have money for pay my own miners too?
2. No orders issue, but i can see in the order queue of any ship that is like this:
- Attrach
- Attrach and wait
- Auto mine/trade
i tried to remove the order "Attrach and wait" but come up gain after 1 second.
3. I did in bulk, and not. I tried also to remove from station and assign in single, but same.
4. No, everytime AFTER. For example, after i have build a module for water AND the storage, also if every module have thier own little storage.
Kalantris wrote:
Two possibilites here:
1. A bug.
2. The "blue" ships were actually pirates in disguise and got attacked.
3. There was a fight and your ships got hit one too many time by accident and started firing back.
Probably the 3° because after the fix of "npc build ships again" i can see in the universe a lot of Xenon, before there was empty sectors with full of my satellites, now are full of Xenon L class ships. (and they destroyed my satellites too -.-)

Tyler
x4

Post by Tyler » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:24

Nikodel wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 10:56
Hi,
( First post here!)

I encountered something similar happening as I decided to rest a bit on my new first built station to watch vessels going in an out ; and rest after hours of piloting. What happens here I think is that if you are aboard a station (not on a ship), any ship you own landing will wait for you before taking off. They wouldn't want to leave you stranded alone ! I witnessed that on other factions's stations and on mine. Solution here would be to always be aboard a ship even if you are not piloting. That's what I do.
Hey, welcome :)

Well... i usually leave my desk and let the game go alone when im NOT in a ship but in first person on my station...
I must try whats happend when im in a ship.
Thanks for the info!

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:42

Tyler wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:22
1. Sometime yes, sometime no, but i have NO orders in "buy section", and for minerals i set the lower price and checked "limit trade with other factions" and i see that no npc sell me minerals, that is what i want and what is done now, Cause i use my own miners, i must have money for pay my own miners too?
2. No orders issue, but i can see in the order queue of any ship that is like this:
- Attrach
- Attrach and wait
- Auto mine/trade
i tried to remove the order "Attrach and wait" but come up gain after 1 second.
3. I did in bulk, and not. I tried also to remove from station and assign in single, but same.
4. No, everytime AFTER. For example, after i have build a module for water AND the storage, also if every module have thier own little storage.
Ad 1. Yes, your station should have enough money to purchase an entire load of a miner to order him to come back and transfer his wares. Even though no money changes hands.
Ad 2. Are you 100% sure your manager is there? Dock with the station (or teleport to it), go to the manager's room and check if he's actually in his chair. I had a very similar bug, but it turned out my manager just left the station with one of the trading ships, because he didn't get off of it when I reassigned him from cabin crew.
Ad 3. Perhaps you could try this: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/142 and select the wares your miners are suppose to mine manually. Also please check if their cargo holds aren't full of something else (like something they can't or shouldn't unload at the station they are assigned to).

Tyler
x4

Post by Tyler » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:51

Kalantris wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:42
Ad 1. Yes, your station should have enough money to purchase an entire load of a miner to order him to come back and transfer his wares. Even though no money changes hands.
Ad 2. Are you 100% sure your manager is there? Dock with the station (or teleport to it), go to the manager's room and check if he's actually in his chair. I had a very similar bug, but it turned out my manager just left the station with one of the trading ships, because he didn't get off of it when I reassigned him from cabin crew.
Ad 3. Perhaps you could try this: https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/142 and select the wares your miners are suppose to mine manually. Also please check if their cargo holds aren't full of something else (like something they can't or shouldn't unload at the station they are assigned to).
Wait... Now that i think about it.. i dont see my manager since some days... I see her name in the station details, but never was in her office, just remote comm. I will try this and the suggestion above. Thank you sir!

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 14:18

Tyler wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:51
Wait... Now that i think about it.. i dont see my manager since some days... I see her name in the station details, but never was in her office, just remote comm. I will try this and the suggestion above. Thank you sir!
If you find out your manager is not there, there's two things you can do to find him:
  1. Enter the station, go to the elevator and click through all the available locations. On the right you'll see all the NPC in that location.
    1. If you find your manager in one of the locations, go there, get out of the elevator and look for him. He's probably stuck in one of the elevators.
    2. If you find him, make sure there's a ship docked to the station, then talk to him and reassign him to the docked ship. Then comm him again and assign him to the station again and follow him until he sits in the damn chair.
  2. Check if your quest to obtain a manager is active. If it is, recall all the ships you assigned to the station/or just the ship you remember you assigned the manager from.
    1. Once the ship lands see if the quest completed.
    2. If it didn't, it ain't the right ship.
    3. If it did, go to the ship, find the manager (usually stuck in the elevator), talk to him, assign him to the ship, then assign him to the station again and follow him to the damn chair. Do not leave until he's comfortable in it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”