Economy MORE Broken After 1.32

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Economy MORE Broken After 1.32

Post by radcapricorn » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:07

Killjaeden wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:03
oh damn, i missed this apparently -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hRC4pBl7qM
Seems Egosoft agrees with what i said :) Their only "crime" is not putting a link into this forum (unless i missed that as well... in wich case... touché)
Yup, you did miss it. There also was this interview the day after that video. But those are exactly what Triu and I weren't talking about.

Triu
x4

Post by Triu » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:51

Not sure about the interview because the guy is way too annoying, but the video doesn't cover what I'm talking about. Think this guy's a bit confused, maybe trolling so I'm not gonna feed him anymore.

CircuitByrd
x4

Post by CircuitByrd » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 09:10

So I found part of my problem.

Intriguingly the PAR wharf has full storage at 2M m3/2M m3, but only 15 smart chips. As a result it can build no ships, and free up none of its storage.
It sells nothing, so I can't give it a kick in the pants by buying up energy cells or anything.

So... it's broken permanently as far as I can tell, unless I go blow up one of its storage containers somehow.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 09:50

CircuitByrd wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 09:10
So I found part of my problem.

Intriguingly the PAR wharf has full storage at 2M m3/2M m3, but only 15 smart chips. As a result it can build no ships, and free up none of its storage.
It sells nothing, so I can't give it a kick in the pants by buying up energy cells or anything.

So... it's broken permanently as far as I can tell, unless I go blow up one of its storage containers somehow.
The thing is that it is a part of problem. When shipyard storage work as intended and not over fill itself forgetting one resource. Even then it stops building after some time. Queues are empty. Well...I say it another way. Not empty queues all the time. Factions do build 1-2 ship once per hour or so. But in general looks like faction quota on maximum amount of ships is filled. So it's a lot of power flying there already and game should start spend this military power somehow, but it cannot. This is the stop point.
Last edited by ScandyNav on Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:49, edited 1 time in total.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:00

CircuitByrd wrote:
Buying isn't the only way to make a station free up some of its storage.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:01

radcapricorn wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 22:07
Yup, you did miss it. There also was this interview the day after that video. But those are exactly what Triu and I weren't talking about.
You stated (which i quoted) , in essence, that them giving answers about specific issues is pointless, they should just work in silence. I responded that this is not true and Egosoft would be better served if they approach such issues openly. And i was surprised to see egosoft already did something along those lines - as it just confirms Egosoft is "opening up" more compared to before - the thing you stated they shouldnt do/ wouldnt work. Simple as that.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:06

Please just don't. The conversation was about providing more information than just the vague "goals" videos. Apparently, you missed that part rather completely.

shealladh
x4

Post by shealladh » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:17

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:00
CircuitByrd wrote:
Not sure how it all works tbh, yet wouldn't it be something like a ration of parts bought to make X in all stations?
Just curious to why this is happening myself

CircuitByrd
x4

Post by CircuitByrd » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:26

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:00
CircuitByrd wrote:
Care to elaborate? Would love to fix it some other way. Haven't explored hacking stations yet. What other options are there?

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:27

Then try exploring it. :)

CircuitByrd
x4

Post by CircuitByrd » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:41

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:27
Then try exploring it. :)
I appreciate the spirit of your answer. Games are about exploration. I'm also stuck in a game which, thanks to a bug or poor economic design, can produce no small or medium Paranid combat ships.
Hardly fertile or enjoyable grounds for exploration of game mechanics.
If there is a way, and you know if it but are concerned about spoiling something for someone, please feel free to PM me. If you're just blowing hot air, I really wish you wouldn't. I opened this thread hoping for help and to point out a problem with the recent changes.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:37

Why is it stuck? Because a stupid and buggy manager bought too much of one resource but too little of another one, correct? So storage is full, no way to bring more appropriate goods, no way to get rid of unwanted goods. How does this kill the spirit of exploration? You said yourself you haven't even tried it yet. What's stopping you? It blows my mind how easily you guys get frustrated.

Sigh...
Spoiler
Show
Security decryption system. Storage terminal.
That is not to say it's a preferable solution. But it is a solution.

CircuitByrd
x4

Post by CircuitByrd » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:09

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:37
Why is it stuck? Because a stupid and buggy manager bought too much of one resource but too little of another one, correct? So storage is full, no way to bring more appropriate goods, no way to get rid of unwanted goods. How does this kill the spirit of exploration? You said yourself you haven't even tried it yet. What's stopping you? It blows my mind how easily you guys get frustrated.

Sigh...
Spoiler
Show
Bugs which completely halt the progress of one of three major factions in the game and the player's ability to buy ships from them are significant enough to warrant some frustration. Your mind may be blown by whatever you wish, however.

I said I had not tried hacking yet, alluding to the fact that I had heard mention of some way to muck with station cargo through that. The black market/SCA side of the game is not especially interesting to me, so spending a few hours digging into it in the slight hope that it might affect my problem is not an easy and reasonable task if it may lead to nothing at all when at this point, my ability to enjoy my current save is limited. I have tried many other things, including posting on the forums and incurring the ire of grumpy forum dwelling bridge-trolls who have less interest in being helpful or discussing a bug than in acting superior.

I appreciate your reply, however. I hope your game is going better than mine!

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:19

I wouldn't say it does, no. I'd certainly prefer the in-game problems you're currently facing.
On second thought, no, maybe not "prefer". But I'd at least try them, anyway.

battaye
x4

Post by battaye » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:32

I tried the hacking trick... even used it like 10 times to really offload the storage... but the problem reverted back to what it was after a few hours of gametime.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:36

Of course it would, until its actual source is fixed in a patch.

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:48

CircuitByrd wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:09
Bugs which completely halt the progress of one of three major factions in the game and the player's ability to buy ships from them are significant enough to warrant some frustration. Your mind may be blown by whatever you wish, however.

I said I had not tried hacking yet, alluding to the fact that I had heard mention of some way to muck with station cargo through that. The black market/SCA side of the game is not especially interesting to me, so spending a few hours..
It does not halt anything, there is a way around. Even without bugs X games were never about just walking up there and getting what you want instantly. Wonder how upset you would have been in X3 when you realised you can't arm your single capship within the next 10 hours of gameplay due to production speed and fabs missing resources. Or have the same issue in XR due to missing fusion reactors. Funny that In XR all these issues were present at start iirc - managers filling storage without keeping space for all the resources, wares missing from the entire universe..

Anyhow, no need to visit any black market traders if you so oppose it, you can get everything that is needed by killing ships.

Miravlix
x4

Post by Miravlix » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:57

radcapricorn wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:37

Sigh...
Spoiler
Show
Too bad hacking does nothing, so now you rude reply just make you look like a total idiot.

The station wont change the amount of X it buys, even after hacking, when a ship takes 22K of hull plates and the station refuses to buy more than 4K, even if you hack it, this make it rather useless advice.

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 23:06

pref wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:48
CircuitByrd wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:09

I said I had not tried hacking yet, alluding to the fact that I had heard mention of some way to muck with station cargo through that. The black market/SCA side of the game is not especially interesting to me, so spending a few hours..
It does not halt anything, there is a way around. Even without bugs X games were never about just walking up there and getting what you want instantly. Wonder how upset you would have been in X3 when you realised you can't arm your single capship within the next 10 hours of gameplay due to production speed and fabs missing resources. Or have the same issue in XR due to missing fusion reactors. Funny that In XR all these issues were present at start iirc - managers filling storage without keeping space for all the resources, wares missing from the entire universe..

Anyhow, no need to visit any black market traders if you so oppose it, you can get everything that is needed by killing ships.
exactly thats the problem with x4 that you get everything instantly like magic. do 5-10 repair missions you can build a station for a mission ooops, you have 10 mill, 15 min into the game you could have a destroyer if you would not need standing but even that doesnt take long, they give ranks like chocolate... in x3 i never had issues finding weapons for my capships, it just took some flying around from systems to systems to find the right factories (actually that was one of the most interesting part and a reason to have satellites in the important sectors so i can see the stock) and if i didnt find flaks i fitted plasma if i had no 125mj shields i fitted 25mj ones etc as there were different options at different places. now the problem is if the shipyard is blocked its blocked. you have no ships no weapons no shields no nothing. everything depends on 1 or 2 wares and if its gone you MUST fetch them yourself. its not anymore optional.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 23:08

Please folks, keep it civilized. There is not need for personal insults. Consider that as a first warning.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations”