Want to build a self sufficient smart chip factory

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DollopOfCrazy
x4

Want to build a self sufficient smart chip factory

Post by DollopOfCrazy » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 07:56

Hi guys,

I would like to try my hand at building a Smart Chip factory which will need very little except silicon to make them so here's the broad strokes I have in my mind for you to help me with:

1) Make the factory be an energy cells factory.
2) Make the factory also be a silicon wafers factory.
3) Now add the Smart chip factory to the mix.

I know these are VERY high level because I want to focus on the high level stuff first. First, I just want to know if it will work on an un-modded game.

I don't want to through mods in my game at this point, so please don't tell me I should get this or that mod.

If you know of any major part I'm forgetting, please let me know.

If you know of some other good posts/videos anywhere which will directly help me with this, please post those also.

Thanks

KiwiNZ
x4

Re: Want to build a self sufficient smart chip factory

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 08:24

I see what you are asking but don't see where your problem is?

The best way to check the requirements is by checking which commodities are required to make the product you are after, which you do in the encyclopaedia. Start with the final product and work your way down.

I created an engine parts factory and extended the complex by adding two smart chip production facilities.

Although I have withdrawn most of the smart chips and a good chunk of the engine parts myself for missions or manual trading, the complex is making a profit on its own by selling the secondary products (and some of the primary).

DollopOfCrazy
x4

Post by DollopOfCrazy » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 11:20

Thanks!

I'm sure you have all the modules purchased, but I don't and the encyclopedia only showed you information about modules you have. I hadn't purchased the module blueprints for what I assumed I needed yet so that information wasn't available to me.

Seems like a bit of a catch 22 in some ways.

caltrop
x4

Post by caltrop » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 11:47

One way to do this is to use a complex/station calculator e.g:

http://www.x4-game.com

Start by adding one smart chip factory then work back from there, adding what it needs, then once you have done this, add as many further smart chip factories as your support factories can sustain for maximum use of the input materials

Edit, or build other product fabs - as you can support a lot of smart chip production!

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:04

DollopOfCrazy wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 11:20
I'm sure you have all the modules purchased, but I don't and the encyclopedia only showed you information about modules you have. I hadn't purchased the module blueprints for what I assumed I needed yet so that information wasn't available to me.
The 'Wares' section of the encyclopedia has info on what resources are needed to make each ware &, in the case of intermediates, what it can be used to make.
Don't need to own the blueprint to have access to this info.

Lutz Major

Post by Lutz Major » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:19

I found this image of the production lines and it has not failed me yet (only built three end-product stations like Engine Parts until now). It helped a lot.

https://www.yekbot.com/wp-content/uploa ... Final.jpeg

breizhbugs
x4

Post by breizhbugs » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:58

The production line you want to do is quite simple compare to some other...
I suggest you to finish research in your pHQ to gain the ability by scanning data leaks to have a chance to discover the blueprints of the module the data leaks is on (also while you do that, your trader/miner bring you money).

For your smart chip production, if you start a new station, i suggest you to go this order to start producing something you can sell asap:
- 1 3M6S dock (around 580k Cr the blue print)
- 1 solid storage
- the silicon refinery
From that point, your station can start selling product Silicon wafers if you feed it with energy cells and silicon.
Then you add
- 1 container storage (might want to add it before the refinery...?)
- 1 smart chip factory (your main goal)
- 1 solar power factory (self sufficient)
- 1 pier (to allow Large miner to bring in silicon)
Your main goal seems here.

You might want to add an habitation Module to boost efficiency, but they require Food rations and Medical supplies.
As there are ice in the player HQ sector, i 've made my HQ producing water->[all farming product] -> food rations / medical supplies and i extended it with refined metal / silicon refinery / antimatter cells / engine parts and finally smart chips

Return to “X4: Foundations”