Why Egosoft? Why? Why I can't just open the interact menu on an Asteroid and select mine?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SparvieroGed
x4

Why Egosoft? Why? Why I can't just open the interact menu on an Asteroid and select mine?

Post by SparvieroGed » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 09:51

I buyed a L miner ( mineral, NO gas ).
I buyed miner turret
I buyed miner drones

1) I reached a Nividium asteroid.
2) I click on it...It said I'm an asteroid...in a grey dialogue box.
3) I tryed to shot at him. I can't.
4) I went on youtube to understand how to fire a mining turret. I saw a tutorial about setting turrets ( icons on the top of the screen ). I checked and I have no icons where the youtuber have.
5) I discovered in anycase you can't interact in this way with a mining turrets, you have to let the AI handle it. I though...okay...doesn't matter if I don't have any icons about turrets even if I have a lot of beam turrets...I will try to find a solution about that when I will need it.
6) I stepped out the captain chair of my new ship I wanted to fly. The AI stepped in.
7) I went on the map. I selected my miner. Cannot target the asteroid on the map. So I clicked next to the ship and some option came alive. Mine option was grey: no resource of the kind my ship can storage around.
8) I checked again my ship is for solid/mineral, I looked again at the Nividium Asteroid 1 km from me.
9) I took again the command of my ship.
10) The mining turret started to fire alone. Yeeeeeah!
11) The mining turret stop to fire. Noooo.
12) I did what i just did: stepped out and took again the control of the ship.
13) The mining turret started to fire again. Silly, but at least at the end the asteroid blowed up and nividium ore appeared around.
13) Nothing happening....couldn't find a way to say to my mining drones to go out. I only found a way to send out cargo drones.
14) First cargo drone got stuck in my miner model. The others two started fly far away from me.
15) I told to my ship to recall subordinates. Nothing happened.
16) I told to the drones to dock at my position. They kept going to fly away.
17) I loaded the savegame I did before start to try to mining the asteroid.
18) I went again on the internet...discovered that no one found away to send out mining drones...only AI can send out them.
19) I destroyed again the asteroid ( with the mining turret ) stepping in and out from the capitan consol.
20) Nividium ore come out, let the ai to take control. Nothing Happened, no mining drones.
21) I loaded again.
22) Found the option about auto mining hidden very well in the deep of some menu.
23) Selected automining, nividium, apply.
24) My ship start to fly away from the nividium asteroid.
25) I added all the types of ore in the automining section. I'm still looking my ship fly I don't know where.

Was so hard to let us:

Player flying the ship -> click on the asteroid -> F button ( interaction menu ) -> mine this asteroid.
If mining turret missing or mining drones missing, send out a textual advice.

Player not flying the ship ->click on the ship->click on the asteroid -> F button ( interaction menu ) -> mine this asteroid.
If mining turret missing or mining drones missing, send out a textual advice.

:?

DaMuncha
x4

Re: Why Egosoft? Why? Why I can't just open the interact menu on an Asteroid and select mine?

Post by DaMuncha » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:01

I dont think the devs thought alot of this through. Maybe they like menus?
Just... another... bug.

SparvieroGed
x4

Re: Why Egosoft? Why? Why I can't just open the interact menu on an Asteroid and select mine?

Post by SparvieroGed » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:44

DaMuncha wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 12:01
Well...also in my way you use a menu ( interaction menu :lol: ).

Nah....simply they only made the "auto-mining" options. Infact you can't use a L ship to mining in first person right now.
And they did so becouse the True Holy Fans don't want to play videogames. They just want to drink coffee looking at the Cpu playing the game for them :lol:

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:06

That's actually quite the opposite. The True Holy fans don't mind playing at all. It's these new Unholy Heretics who expect the game to give them everything and then start bitching the moment the game starts expecting them to do something.

Jeraal
x4

Post by Jeraal » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:11

SparvieroGed wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:44
DaMuncha wrote:

Nah....simply they only made the "auto-mining" options. Infact you can't use a L ship to mining in first person right now.
And they did so becouse the True Holy Fans don't want to play videogames. They just want to drink coffee looking at the Cpu playing the game for them :lol:
I consider myself a 'true holy fan' (hate the highway idea, don't like station walking and want jump drives). I would frequently mine 'roids and sell manually in previous titles(except for Rebirth, never could get into it). Sometimes it was to get early profitsss, sometimes to just take it easy for a while. But, I also enjoyed sitting at the helm of my flagship and watching my little minions do their jobs.
Brute force and ignorance solves all problems, just not very efficiently.

If brute force isn't working, then you aren't using enough.

SparvieroGed
x4

Post by SparvieroGed » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:43

Jeraal wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:11
SparvieroGed wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:44
DaMuncha wrote:

I consider myself a 'true holy fan' (hate the highway idea, don't like station walking and want jump drives). I would frequently mine 'roids and sell manually in previous titles(except for Rebirth, never could get into it). Sometimes it was to get early profitsss, sometimes to just take it easy for a while. But, I also enjoyed sitting at the helm of my flagship and watching my little minions do their jobs.

I will rename my L miner "Rebirth" becouse like in rebirth I can't fly it :lol: ( Actually I can fly it, but I can't use it to mine XD )

Grimmrog
x4

Post by Grimmrog » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:13

I agree the game lacks the simple transition of "I want to do X" and offering those respective simple interactions. It seems to be desigend up form a way too complex background sytem instead of looking from a player perspective.

It's like bulding a station and not having an option to tell your traders to go and buy material, as this is either done manually or only via NPC traders. The most basic thing players would when putting up a buiding sit is saying, "go my people buy materials"

Razorbeast
x4

Post by Razorbeast » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:24

I think you'll find it's part of the new "Cruelty Clause" listed in the T&Cs. It basically states that nothing simple can be so.

Return to “X4: Foundations”