Nvidium mining

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Arghan

Nvidium mining

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 11:37

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Right now Nvidium is not used for anything related to economy.
It can be sold only on "Trade stations" and when their initial demand is fulfilled, there will never be a place where it can be sold because it will sit in those station storage forever. Unless player hack storage which spawn tone of clutter around that station.

Please tell me there is different solution. Cause my current economy was fueled by me mining this.

Steel
x4

Re: Nvidium mining

Post by Steel » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:05

Arghan wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 11:37

Please tell me there is different solution. Cause my current economy was fueled by me mining this.
Mine something else. If you saturate the market it's you own doing. I mine it but also mine all the other options (Ore, Silicon, etc) which spreads the load a bit and means Nvidium lasts longer and spreads the gain over a longer period.

But yeah, you are correct. Currently they fill up (20,000 units iirc) and demand flat lines.

Arghan

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:46

Well, storage hacking it is... I need hull parts too so win win maybe....

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 13:52

Yeah, I saw the gap in the market for Hull Parts and built two factories. They outperform all my other factories by a large margin. So far. I expect one day, that will change and then I will adapt to that too.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:34

But nividium wasn't used for anything before either.

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:40

Thread hijacking:

What about Spacefuel? Is it actually used for anything?

Arghan

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:57

repatomonor wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:34
Yeah, but right now its a ticking "end of story" thing which will never recover with my actions. If i would know, i would invest a bit differently. Oh well, trade stations has lot of wares which are usefull and dumping them all into space isn't worst thing that could happen :P

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:11

Arghan wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:57
repatomonor wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 14:34
Yeah, but right now its a ticking "end of story" thing which will never recover with my actions. If i would know, i would invest a bit differently. Oh well, trade stations has lot of wares which are usefull and dumping them all into space isn't worst thing that could happen :P
Nividium was used as a standard ressource in XR, just like ore and silicon, and was used to build various higher-tier wares.

In X4, according to the lore, they claim the advances in ore refining made nividium useless, but it's still used in crafting jewelry on planet surface.
So from there, I see 2 options that may simply not be implemented yet, but that would be fun to see in the future.
1- Trade stations would get emptied once in a while by trading with planets. (It would be a lore-frinedly way to introduce a ressource sink, and would allow the economy to roll a little more. Right now, there is more than just nividium that saturates after a while...)
2- Some DLC will bring usage for that ressource. Either a new faction will use it, or we'll see a new tier of technology and ware appearing, that will require nividium. (Mass production of ship mods?)

This is just speculation... It may very well remain the same and just become useless after a while.
But I smell potential here for additional stuff.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Arghan

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:16

Ezarkal wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:11

Nividium was used as a standard ressource in XR, just like ore and silicon, and was used to build various higher-tier wares.

In X4, according to the lore, they claim the advances in ore refining made nividium useless, but it's still used in crafting jewelry on planet surface.
So from there, I see 2 options that may simply not be implemented yet, but that would be fun to see in the future.
1- Trade stations would get emptied once in a while by trading with planets. (It would be a lore-frinedly way to introduce a ressource sink, and would allow the economy to roll a little more. Right now, there is more than just nividium that saturates after a while...)
2- Some DLC will bring usage for that ressource. Either a new faction will use it, or we'll see a new tier of technology and ware appearing, that will require nividium. (Mass production of ship mods?)

This is just speculation... It may very well remain the same and just become useless after a while.
But I smell potential here for additional stuff.
yeah, I really, really hope for option 1. And hopefully adding some peace time production chains. If not by devs, hopefully by mods at some point in the future.

baal1980
x3tc

Post by baal1980 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 15:36

Nvidium? Is it something Nvidia cards are made of? :lol:

Return to “X4: Foundations”