Can the AI be improved by giving them flight assist off moves in combat?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Can the AI be improved by giving them flight assist off moves in combat?

Post by Axeface » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:20

Is it possilbe to give the AI flight assist off behaviour to make them better in combat? I think it would add a lot to the games combat to actually be challenged and also to see our own pilots start using it as they improve. So yeh, should be linked to pilot skill. More use of strafe thrusters would be nice too.

radcapricorn
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Can the AI be improved by giving them flight assist off moves in combat?

Post by radcapricorn » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:28

They can barely fly with flight assist on, and you want to turn it off? That would go well :D

Arghan

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 16:35

Actually I would be worried if it wouldn't turn out too good for our own good....
Think mobile turrets always pointing their guns at you with machine precision. Than nerf would come :P and we would have turrets equal to capital ship turrets. Just mobile. :lol:

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 19:55

I obviously dont mean that they should just be able to turret at you all the time, it should be 'moves' linked to pilot skill.

Demonitron
x4

Post by Demonitron » Sun, 6. Jan 19, 21:53

At this point, you could improve the AI by giving them thumbs.

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:32

they do have it, i was shot in the face by xenon m just passed me
Axeface wrote:
Sun, 6. Jan 19, 19:55
I obviously dont mean that they should just be able to turret at you all the time, it should be 'moves' linked to pilot skill.
i wish they would actually do it so the player would be forced to use other tactics too. atm all fights are like they try to run and you just turret them all the time...

StevieLeeCole
x4

Post by StevieLeeCole » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 01:35

CaptainX4 wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:32
Axeface wrote:
i wish they would actually do it so the player would be forced to use other tactics too. atm all fights are like they try to run and you just turret them all the time...
I also believe the AI do have it, I have seen them spin and fire while maintaining forward motion, but not commonly. I assumed it was skill linked.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 7. Jan 19, 02:11

StevieLeeCole wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 01:35
CaptainX4 wrote:
Mon, 7. Jan 19, 00:32
Axeface wrote:
I also believe the AI do have it, I have seen them spin and fire while maintaining forward motion, but not commonly. I assumed it was skill linked.
I need to see a video to believe this. Ive done a fair amount of combat in the game and havent once seen ANYTHING that even remotely looks like what I'm requesting. Its more likely you are seeing a nimble ship yaw quickly and retain its backwards momentum while firing at you, as its engines catch up and slow it. Just look at how fighters attack capital ships.

Return to “X4: Foundations”