To what extent have you seen the dynamic universe in action?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

To what extent have you seen the dynamic universe in action?

Post by Axeface » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:12

Has anyone seen the AI claim eachothers sectors yet? If so how much?

Karvat
x4

Re: To what extent have you seen the dynamic universe in action?

Post by Karvat » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:16

I've been hoping for it since November 30th and it never happened in my game, I don't understand why

furirkeeper
x4

Post by furirkeeper » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:36

Based on what I have read here on the forum about gate camping and such I suspect nobody has seen anything like that.
Personally I hope that the devs did't dare to "activate" this feature on launch because of the state of the game and that it will be activated later. Otherwise I fear it will never happen.

Edit: Also I am a bit afraid it will not work because of how crippled the economy would become if the border sectors were destroyed.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:43

furirkeeper wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:36

Edit: Also I am a bit afraid it will not work because of how crippled the economy would become if the border sectors were destroyed.
The economy would go dead, as it was from the start in previous titles, it would be like a proper X game then. :lol:

The thing is stations are immortal now like half the time and 1.50 doesn't seem to fix this. Any station with a build order is immortal, any station that got attacked while the player was in sector is immortal.

They couldn't kill each other even if they wanted to.
Last edited by csaba on Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:44, edited 1 time in total.

Arghan

Post by Arghan » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:44

Seen xenon build station in populated region. Seen factions destroy xenon base and shred them without practical looses.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:44

Magic 8 Ball says : Too early, check back later :lol:

I don't think the devs have gotten that far yet. I've seen invasion fleets happening in some sectors, Paranid were invading Faulty Logic sector at one point and I was there. They were assaulting the station, the paranid sector connecting to Faulty logic was also undergoing an invasion by Xenon at the same time. I don't think the devs have added the faction take over sector part of the game yet since it is way too early atm.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:46

Arghan wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:44
Seen xenon build station in populated region. Seen factions destroy xenon base and shred them without practical looses.
Well if you have enough ships (like 10 times what is actually needed) you can instakill a station before it regenerates. However if it gets a build order then it's still immortal. Your Xenon station probably got instagibbed and didn't get a build order in time.

csaba
x4

Post by csaba » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:48

Requiemfang wrote:

I don't think the devs have gotten that far yet. I've seen invasion fleets happening in some sectors, Paranid were invading Faulty Logic sector at one point and I was there. They were assaulting the station, the paranid sector connecting to Faulty logic was also undergoing an invasion by Xenon at the same time. I don't think the devs have added the faction take over sector part of the game yet since it is way too early atm.
It's in the game. I own a sector. You only need to have the admincentre blueprint and build it as the first module of a station in the target sector. The NPC defense stations are exactly that. IF both factions have administration modules in the system it will be flagged as "contested".

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:53

i remember in x3, while originally it wasnt possible to claim a sector but you could clean it up and make it yours and while in the process, the enemy sent reinforcements non-stop. sometimes just one ship sometimes a small fleet, and im not talking about the stupid x3AP war but x3 reunion when i cleared out emperors mine. that happened simply because a base script was working correctly. if they were attacked they have sent ships from paranid prime. that was interesting, that was a feeling like, heyyy, this IS a war, sure it was small scale, the biggest enemy fleets were like what? 2 zeuses and a few small scrap but still, it was more satisfying (unless you wanted the megagigaflashigwarshit, i hated X3AP with all its op scrap like the missile boats and the heavy prototype bull M6-es that could kill a zeus on its own). and when i run out of resources they actually built back the system, why im saying is because since AP they are overdoing these war scripting. instead of very basic but always working events they want to create something fancy, something special, large scale fake fights that you jump into and after 20 min you know its not random, you see the repetitiveness and you start to disengage. exactly how it happened in X3AP. Now, in X4 as I see they build up a fleet, send them to fight, both sides exhaust and war is over as in the meantime they have all built tradeships and reached the cap so no more combat ships... the stations are near invulnerable so no matter what fleet they send on each others they can never win... FAKE FAKE FAKE! now im on the level where lost all interest myself, i will just wait for next year 2.0 or rather the 3.0 and see if its worth coming back but i have the bad feeling the first playable version will be the second dlc, if you dont buy that you will just have a broken junk.

furirkeeper
x4

Post by furirkeeper » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 19:03

csaba wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 18:48
Requiemfang wrote:

It's in the game. I own a sector. You only need to have the admincentre blueprint and build it as the first module of a station in the target sector. The NPC defense stations are exactly that. IF both factions have administration modules in the system it will be flagged as "contested".
For me a dynamic universe would still be dynamic even if I as a player didnt do anything, i.e. NPC factions taking over each others sectors. I havent seen any trace of this, maybe others have?

pref
x4

Post by pref » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 19:18

furirkeeper wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 19:03
For me a dynamic universe would still be dynamic even if I as a player didnt do anything, i.e. NPC factions taking over each others sectors. I havent seen any trace of this, maybe others have?
I havent tested this but don't think it would happen without player intervention - the game has to satisfy people who prefer a more static/peaceful experience.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:09

Oh come on, let this game be at war, dynamic diplomacy between factions changing, give them the possibility to claim and conquer sectors

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:24

First instance of wars and sector take over In any X-Series game was in X3TC by a mod done by Cycrow, NPC factions would invade, siege and once they were clear would plop their own stations down and rebuild it.

furirkeeper
x4

Post by furirkeeper » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:56

I would like it if it could be adjustable in the options or when starting a new game. Like an aggressivity slider or something.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:02

furirkeeper wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 20:56
I would like it if it could be adjustable in the options or when starting a new game. Like an aggressivity slider or something.
This could be fine too at most, i don't want to use mods!

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:21

I would guess sector take overs don't happen without the player doing the war missions. For those who are more interested in building and don't want their ships and stations blown up as collaterals.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:27

LennStar wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:21
I would guess sector take overs don't happen without the player doing the war missions. For those who are more interested in building and don't want their ships and stations blown up as collaterals.
They can simply unleash faction wars without the attacking faction turning red to the player

CaptainX4

Post by CaptainX4 » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:27

LennStar wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:21
I am playing the wars both the argon xenon and the par-hop war too. saw a single fight where hop invaded the paranid, all their ships died and the war was over

Osbot
x4

Post by Osbot » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 21:41

I haven't seen a sector or cluster change hands. However, with a fresh 1.32 save, I saw the HOP invade the Paranid at Pious Mist II. There was around a dozen destroyers and scores of M and S ships blowing up stations along the highway. Yes, they actually destroyed a half dozen stations at least.

I believe the cause of this was shortages at the Paranid shipyard and wharf. They had shortages and couldn't build anything. This led to an imbalance in fleet strengths, and the HOP invaded. I threw a bunch of traders into Paranid space trading the goods they were lacking, and eventually they started building ships.

At some point they must have counter attacked at Pious Mist II, because now the Paranid are back in control, mostly. The HOP last I checked still controlled the HOP jump gate inside Pious Mist II, but they were patrolling/defending it, rather than flying out to do more damage.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 22:39

Ive seen fleets attacking things too.
So the general consensus is that it just isnt happening? If all thats happening is fleets attacking sectors then how is that different from X3? How does it mean this https://youtu.be/N6s9sXjqCME?t=119 ?

Return to “X4: Foundations”